Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
Yeah I'm playing on Hard difficulty and now that I've got to grips with how the game works I am not finding it particularly challenging.
I wonder if they will do what Bethesda did with Skyrim and add another tier of difficulty? I don't normally bother with upping the difficulty for video games but on casual it felt too easy... and yet i'm not really feeling the difference on hard.

That's not qute what I meant. Sure you as a player can appreciate everything with any character. I was thinking more about rp possibilities, and how different reaction of an elven character would be to that of a human one. There is fun in that, at least for me, and worth launching another playthrough, given that I have time. How would an elf fit in the inquisiton could also be an interesting thing to think about, I personally would not dismiss it out of hand. But to each their own I guess.

That's not qute what I meant. Sure you as a player can appreciate everything with any character. I was thinking more about rp possibilities, and how different reaction of an elven character would be to that of a human one. There is fun in that, at least for me, and worth launching another playthrough, given that I have time. How would an elf fit in the inquisiton could also be an interesting thing to think about, I personally would not dismiss it out of hand. But to each their own I guess.

Well, I'm not saying it isn't viable, of course. For everyone, anyway. Just saying for me it's not worth the extra hours, but then you probably have to like the elves and feel connected to them in the first place, which I don't. I like their lore and culture from the outside looking in. It actually feels more intriguing that way, especially as an Andrastian who was told their religion was all lies. By finding out more about this, you find out more about the fade and get that closer to theorizing on the maker, even if some people think it makes the maker feel like a lie.

It's like the attitudes of scientists. Some find science brings them away from God, others find that it brings them closer, even if what you were told sometimes is clearly wrong. That's how my character feels. The fade is his creation, and these elven gods are a part of it. Just higher spirits. The chantry acknowledges the old gods are real, so why not more? So I like looking at this from an Andrastian's POV. To me it seems that was what was intended.

Actually, that was how it was intended, since originally there was only human PCs.

My character was not all that shaken, he still belives in the Maker. And whoever those guys are, there is but one god(for him anyway). It did prompt an interesting conversation with Sera after the Temple of Mythal(probably the only one in the entire game), where she talks about about all the events and sort of begins to doubt what she believes. And it is indeed easier to relate to a human character, that's why I always play one first. And they usually end up being my favorite, unless on subsequent playthrough I find some things that I feel work better for this another character, thus making his story more captivating. How things will turn out with DA:I in that regard remains to be seen, because now I'll just start a "perfect" playthrough, which will be largely similar to my first one, just with some polish. Only then I'll probably take Veleda's advice, create a Dalish and who knows, maybe I'll like her more. But it will take a lot of time, which sort of makes me wish this game was actually shorter.

Hmm funny, finally found out why there is a tactical mode...

note all on nightmare.

Archer: nead wasd to move while fighting, tactical was that annoying thing that popped up if is scrolled out to much
Mage: crap even automatic-pause on AE-effects is a nuisance stand here kill stuff wait till they get close kill them. Just hit right key in right order and solo everything.

sword and board fighter... shit this is un-playable, what the... crap... death, death, death.... who's the moron that designed those controls??? fighter is piss ass weak horrible... UNTIL hey if I hit tactical mode in EVERY fight that moron sword and board runs up to the enemy all by itself... attacks all by itself and I only have to do the ability keys... Still nowhere near as awesome as the almost immortal damage monster mage but suddenly not as annoying. Hate bull charge though, always forget to stop it after passing through all the enemies.

Weirdest thing is in multi-player it feels like warrior isn't ass piss poor as it is in single-player.
Yeah, the tactical camera being useless makes it an entirely different game.

I can't imagine my Inquisitor disbanding the Inquisition. The Inquisition has done so much good and I get the feeling that if the Inquisition disbanded, the order it has restored would be threatened again. The Inquisition is a very powerful force by the end of the game, and I think keeping it going could go a long way to helping all of Thedas.

And on the topic of Celene, I liked her more than Briala and Gaspard. She reminds me of Anora; a woman who whilst might not have the strongest claim to the throne, she is excellent at politics and charming the court, which is what you need from a ruler. She can find people easily enough to command her armies for her, and having a strong political ally like Celene would be better for the Inquisition than some war-hungry general.

When I went through that quest last time I tried to help Briala as well as Celene, but for some reason the best I could give to Briala was exile? do you have to actually support Briala to get anything better than that?
The Inquisition will turn bad like any movement, and I think it will happen fast, since this one has no real purpose after Corypheus is dead. As for Briala, I think you have to find the locket in the bedrooms to reconcile them- requires a halla statue door be opened.

Well, I'm not saying it isn't viable, of course. For everyone, anyway. Just saying for me it's not worth the extra hours, but then you probably have to like the elves and feel connected to them in the first place, which I don't. I like their lore and culture from the outside looking in. It actually feels more intriguing that way, especially as an Andrastian who was told their religion was all lies. By finding out more about this, you find out more about the fade and get that closer to theorizing on the maker, even if some people think it makes the maker feel like a lie.

It's like the attitudes of scientists. Some find science brings them away from God, others find that it brings them closer, even if what you were told sometimes is clearly wrong. That's how my character feels. The fade is his creation, and these elven gods are a part of it. Just higher spirits. The chantry acknowledges the old gods are real, so why not more? So I like looking at this from an Andrastian's POV. To me it seems that was what was intended.

Actually, that was how it was intended, since originally there was only human PCs.
Bah, I've never cared about the humans in Thedas and still don't. Cousland- BORING. Trevelyan is even more boring. Hawke- enough said. I'm glad the elves are more center stage this time, but I'd feel the same even if they weren't. Also, the only reason they talked about having only human PCs was lack of resources.

Bah, I've never cared about the humans in Thedas and still don't. Cousland- BORING. Trevelyan is even more boring. Hawke- enough said. I'm glad the elves are more center stage this time, but I'd feel the same even if they weren't. Also, the only reason they talked about having only human PCs was lack of resources.

Couseland's was the most interesting in the whole bunch to me with his entire family being murdered. That was some gripping stuff. The revenge side to it was great stuff. And the only real difference between the different races in DA I is ears and height, lol, and some dialogue bits here and there that aren't the same. Hence why I don't find switching races worth it. I wasn't bored playing just humans in TES for the most part either. Some people like an aesthetic change, I don't care really.

Lack of resources doesn't change that the humans were the focus of the game though. That's so clear from the whole setup and what we're involved in throughout the game. Elves got some more relevance but they still feel like the sideshow when you're running the south thedas organization that's the new arm of the chantry basically. In my opinion.

But, opinions opinions. It's all relative. I find the culture of the humans and the politics to be rather interesting, especially in relation to circles and so on, what you find out about the Seekers too, and the Tevinter, and I feel connected with that. Elves I find exotic and a breath of fresh air, but in the grand scheme of the dragon age story, they served as the poor oppressed side race, which bores me. Their elf lore is also sometimes pretty typical. They need to stop treating elves like human punching bags meant to make human lore more edgy.

And with the old gods and the elven gods being pretty much one in the same, even Dumat, all the religious god stuff feels more or less universal in relevance this time around. Especially with Flemeth.

If we ever move settings or something, or elves get more involved in the world around them, then I could probably see rolling an elf. Like if they started making a new Arlathan. They're just not big players in all of this right now though. Only reason they're relevant now is because a human used their toys to wreak havoc on the human nations.

---------- Updated at 06:34 AM ----------

And I get to bang the future Divine, lololol :lol: As the human Herald, that's like, perfect. Stamp of approval straight from Andraste's chosen, lol. You like romancing the elven god. I guess we're just both spiritual individuals, lol. Even if they both end in the sads.

Last edited:
Humans in northern Thedas might be interesting, though the Anders are sounding like right dullards. In southern Thedas, though, they're just generic fantasyland Europeans. King Arthur, etc.- the most overdone of mythical themes. Some of the appeal of my Surana, Mahariel and now Lavellan PCs is almost a trolling aspect. "Have to save the world for these privileged ungrateful assholes AGAIN." For Aeducan, it was "step aside, puny humans, and let an OG badass handle this." Admittedly a carta background doesn't appeal to me much, which is one reason why I haven't gotten a dwarf past Haven.

All the Andrastian stuff is just a sideshow to me, moreso in DAI than ever. The Chantry will Chantry. I'm glad to see them humbled, beyond that I don't really care about them at all.

Who didn't get humbled in DAI? Besides the Qun anyway. Northern Thedas is just Roman Republic rehashed with wizards.

Anyway, it comes down to preference, but it's hard to call the Andrastian stuff a sideshow when it's related to the majority of the game and the driving force behind the inquisition's motivation in you. Perhaps its because I like the real life parallels to it a lot and can identify with it. It does have a lot of Christian overtones I appreciate. And being a male joan of arc/ Alexander the Great/Constantine figure is just awesome for me.

I admit I have difficulty getting invested in RPGs when I can't make the character look like myself... so playing an elf/qunari/dwarf is not something I'm particularly bothered about. But I know other people like it so I'm glad we have that option.

I just wish we could have had an origin story before Haven. I get the option to talk to people about my life back in Ostwick Circle but I don't actually know anything about it, which is kind of blah. One thing I loved about DA:O was how the characters you met in your origin story were also tied to the plot, it made it feel more unique to that character, which I don't really feel in DA:I.

Also I want a DLC at Weisshaupt. After hearing Dorian describe it, the place sounds like Witcher 2's Vergen but with more snow. It would be cool to visit a big busy city for a change, considering we've had so many big open spaces in DA:I. And then my dream of my Hawke, Warden and Inquisitor all being together will be realised >8D

Yep, that's why I consider the choice of race to almost just be aesthetics, more or less. Origins stories should have never been taken out.

I imagine we'll get a whole game of the Anderfels, where Weisshaupt is located.

I don't agree that the race distinctions are just aesthetics. Dwarves and elves have a distinct culture.

I'm not sure the Anderfels are really interesting enough for that... but a DLC regarding the Warden and/or Hawke in Weisshaupt would be nice. I'm hoping Bioware has sent Hawke there so they have a reason for there to be plot there whilst also allowing for us to meet our Wardens, if they still live.

I just need to see Alistair and my Warden together again and I will be happy to never see them again lol

No Alistair is the King, married to my Warden in my game.

Anyway, hearing them talk about each other is not really the same as seeing them together. I know it will probably not happen but I still want it to. I'd be happy with the person who did the violent voice in DA:O voicing my Warden, since she was funny. The other voices seemed a bit boring in comparison.

Ugh I got to the bit where you have to launch the final trebuchet in the attack on Haven, and I keep dying T_T I guess hard mode is actually difficult in the ~main fights~ bc I've had to reload twice and i'm still not going to manage it... time to reload an earlier save and do some level grinding.

save the supply chest for an emergency. Try to keep everyone barely alive. Have 2 tanks and a mage with you /the whole sequence doesn't really need a rogue), the mage must have barrier. Now micro manage the barrier and screw the incoming enemies. just keep pressing that trebuchet button. Did it three times on nightmare so far, always under the recommended level.

Warrior it's harder since anything that gives guard also makes enemies more likely to attack you, mage should be a piece of cake cast barrier and run in circles around the trebuchet while the rest of your team kills the enemy. Archer just killed the enemies while running around with them.

I do however recommend skilling one of the NPC mages purely to spirit at first and grabbing resurrect ASAP. Every warrior can keep the enemies occupied after a resurrect and an immediate taunt skill that also grants guard.

save the supply chest for an emergency. Try to keep everyone barely alive. Have 2 tanks and a mage with you /the whole sequence doesn't really need a rogue), the mage must have barrier. Now micro manage the barrier and screw the incoming enemies. just keep pressing that trebuchet button. Did it three times on nightmare so far, always under the recommended level.

Warrior it's harder since anything that gives guard also makes enemies more likely to attack you, mage should be a piece of cake cast barrier and run in circles around the trebuchet while the rest of your team kills the enemy. Archer just killed the enemies while running around with them.

I do however recommend skilling one of the NPC mages purely to spirit at first and grabbing resurrect ASAP. Every warrior can keep the enemies occupied after a resurrect and an immediate taunt skill that also grants guard.

hmmm i pretty much used these tactics, had bull, cassandra, solas (spirit mage) and myself, both of us had barriers, but the problem is Bull and Cass' AI are so dumb they keep running into the enemy mages' fire mines on the floor. So they keep dying too quickly and then solas gets beaten easily. Not to mention the archers are soooooooo annoying :mad:

i'm gonna do the quests at the fallow mire to level up a bit more and then go back to haven. i should probably try and make sure my team have good weapons before i start that mission, i just checked bull and realised i forgot to upgrade his weapon and armour.... may have been the reason why he was dying so fast

---------- Updated at 03:57 AM ----------

Cry I levelled up and i'm still dying I want to strangle the venatori.

fighting against the templars is one thing but these mages................... i am angry inside

---------- Updated at 04:31 AM ----------

Ok i finally won.
My strategy was to do the the trebuchet then run as fast as i could to the rocks at the side and stand on top of them. The AI isn't smart enough to get me so i just killed everyone one by one. Not exactly the most realistic tactic but it worked so hey ho

No Alistair is the King, married to my Warden in my game.

Anyway, hearing them talk about each other is not really the same as seeing them together. I know it will probably not happen but I still want it to. I'd be happy with the person who did the violent voice in DA:O voicing my Warden, since she was funny. The other voices seemed a bit boring in comparison.

Ugh I got to the bit where you have to launch the final trebuchet in the attack on Haven, and I keep dying T_T I guess hard mode is actually difficult in the ~main fights~ bc I've had to reload twice and i'm still not going to manage it... time to reload an earlier save and do some level grinding.

I have trouble there too sometimes even at the right level. Best thing to do is when going to the trebuchet, ignore the enemies on the way there and make your team sheathe their weapons. That helped me a lot. Then I fought and used all my potions first before using the supply box there.

I also recommend bringing whatever warriors besides bull that you can. So cass and blackwall.

I have trouble there too sometimes even at the right level. Best thing to do is when going to the trebuchet, ignore the enemies on the way there and make your team sheathe their weapons. That helped me a lot. Then I fought and used all my potions first before using the supply box there.

I also recommend bringing whatever warriors besides bull that you can. So cass and blackwall.

Yeah my team in the end was Blackwall, Cass and Solas. Luckily most soldiers leave Solas alone when Cass and Blackwall are there, plus nobody could reach my Inquisitor on top of the rock... that's pretty much what saved my ass lol I didn't even need to use the extra supplies.
I need to get Bull some fade touched obsidian before he's a decent tank tbh

edit: alsoooo merry christmas :D
View attachment 8806

Attachments

• christmascullen.jpg
    christmascullen.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Haha, I tried going on that rock and the big boss guy knocked me the fuck off, lol :lol:

Cass sqee pics. My dude looks so undignified in two of these, but I've shown enough badass ones already. Time for some lulz:

What's going through his mind in these pics is "This looks like a vagina. Hmm..."

http://i.imgur.com/fkxeUWo.png
http://i.imgur.com/3GXAMWC.png

Top Bottom