Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
Lol for ages I've been playing Inquisition and thinking that the skin type I chose had a hidden problem bc whenever i was in cutscenes my Inquisitor would have these faint red marks on her face.

I have only just realised it's blood .__. derp

Lol are you still playing with the same Inquisitor? I'm on my 4th one now... although I've abandoned my elf inquisitor. I'm going to make another one later but I'm currently enjoying my 3rd female blonde mage playthrough lmaooo

I love my second Inquisitor, I think I'm finally getting the hang of making female Inquisitors pretty, even if it's difficult...
But number 3 is cute too.

So, I finally got around to purchasing it (Merry Christmas to me!). I deliberately bought the retail disk, since I hate online manuals or that .pdf crap that sometimes comes with online versions. So, when I opened the case, all I got were the install disks and a card with quick install instructions. No manual. WTF? Epic fail , EA/Bioware. I hope it gets better... LOL!

So, I finally got around to purchasing it (Merry Christmas to me!). I deliberately bought the retail disk, since I hate online manuals or that .pdf crap that sometimes comes with online versions. So, when I opened the case, all I got were the install disks and a card with quick install instructions. No manual. WTF? Epic fail , EA/Bioware. I hope it gets better... LOL!

When I was a kid, half the excitement of getting a new video game was reading the manual as it installed lol. I'm glad the Witcher 2 had a manual with it.

Lol for ages I've been playing Inquisition and thinking that the skin type I chose had a hidden problem bc whenever i was in cutscenes my Inquisitor would have these faint red marks on her face.

I have only just realised it's blood .__. derp

Lol are you still playing with the same Inquisitor? I'm on my 4th one now... although I've abandoned my elf inquisitor. I'm going to make another one later but I'm currently enjoying my 3rd female blonde mage playthrough lmaooo

I love my second Inquisitor, I think I'm finally getting the hang of making female Inquisitors pretty, even if it's difficult...
But number 3 is cute too.

She is :) I can see the improvements.

I can't help but play the same guy, lol. Though I was planning on rolling my elf chick next. Unfortunately I think a windows update messed up my computer, and caused my power button pins to switch on the motherboard. I went to play after days of the pc being off, and no power. Opened it up and thought I needed a new power source, wasted 118 bucks, then realized all I had to do was trip the pins with a screwdriver to bypass the button.

But unfortunately, whatever screwed up my button wires also made my mouse unusable. Nothing worked so I eventually just reset windows altogether. Didn't have backups available so I lost my saves and had to start over.

I don't mind it though. I wanted to try some new things with him anyway like the templar side.

---------- Updated at 10:04 AM ----------

Oh and I remembered to take that stupid lip shine crap off this time.

She is :) I can see the improvements.

I can't help but play the same guy, lol. Though I was planning on rolling my elf chick next. Unfortunately I think a windows update messed up my computer, and caused my power button pins to switch on the motherboard. I went to play after days of the pc being off, and no power. Opened it up and thought I needed a new power source, wasted 118 bucks, then realized all I had to do was trip the pins with a screwdriver to bypass the button.

But unfortunately, whatever screwed up my button wires also made my mouse unusable. Nothing worked so I eventually just reset windows altogether. Didn't have backups available so I lost my saves and had to start over.

I don't mind it though. I wanted to try some new things with him anyway like the templar side.

---------- Updated at 10:04 AM ----------

Oh and I remembered to take that stupid lip shine crap off this time.

Thank you ^_^

Oh that sucks :(
Lol I sided with the mages the first time and I think siding with them is actually better because Samson is a better villain. But I hate Fiona so much I don't like having the mages. She is a complete idiot. Alistair must have inherited all of Marric's genes.

Lol the lip shine is ok if you only have a little, but too much and it looks like you have teeth showing when you have your mouth shut :/

Ha, I just had it on default. It didn't look bad per say before, but it was distracting sometimes, especially for me in certain screenshots. I don't like it on females much either. Takes away from the soft look and makes it look unnatural.

PC's fine now. I plugged the power wire back in just now since the motherboard reset back to it instead of my reset button, and it works on the second power button. PC came with two up top. I had no idea that an update could screw with your computer's hardware. Especially not a Windows update. They dropped 12 on me last time before it stopped working, so I assume that was the problem. Can't say I'm surprised though. Microsoft fucks up a lot.

Preaching to the choir on that one, lol. Can't stand Fiona, though the mages were stupid for even following her in the first place when they said they didn't want to fight in prior votes before the conclave. But I can forgive them easier than I can her, as they weren't the ones that pushed for all this. I still conscript them though.

I think I'm going to keep a save before I do the Templar side just in case I don't like it. Will at least be cool to see more of Cole. Not sure if I'll conscript or just recruit them though. I'm thinking conscript.

@ Princess Ciri, the violent voice was Anora's VA. :hmm:

I'm pretty much playing my elf Inquisitor. I got halfway through the game with my human rogue but am too bored with her character to continue. No motivation to play anyone else, either, so I think it's just going to be Lavellan for me. Peaked on the first game. Also I don't like the gameplay for anything but mage.

@ Princess Ciri, the violent voice was Anora's VA. :hmm:

Oooh I had no idea! I don't really care for Anora as a character but I've spoken to her (the VA) a few times on twitter and she's really lovely. I would be so happy if she could voice my Warden /if/ the Wardens ever come back.

I think I'm going to keep a save before I do the Templar side just in case I don't like it. Will at least be cool to see more of Cole. Not sure if I'll conscript or just recruit them though. I'm thinking conscript.

I think the fights are harder if you side with the Templars because you get attacked by more mages, which your companions really suck against so it means a lot of micro-managing. Sooo many times my warrior would just run into their fire traps on the floor and die.

I feel like the whole Celene assassination/Samson as a villain thing works out better when you side with the mages because it feels more urgent and more believable. If I had sided with the Templars the first time I may have not even known there was a plot to assassinate Celene until Leliana mentions it. BUT I do love what Bioware have done with the fade in DA:I. It's not tedious at all, and actually a bit upsetting in places lol.

But anyway the changes make it interesting so I would stick with it if i were you.

Hmm, I guess I'll just have to see for myself. I agree the mage side feels more urgent, which is why I felt compelled to go there. I was invited after all. I'll just do it and see, why not? As for mages, that'll be fine. Shield wall plus bull charge and grappling chain makes them cake. That's how I get past those mines.

I think probably Bioware may have had a sneaky suspicion that for the first playthrough, siding with the mages is a better choice because it explains things better and also shows a more frightening future. Otherwise they would have made it a lot less "over here do meeeeeeeee" for the mage quest. I didn't even understand how to side with the Templars in my first game, so I got dragged into conscripting the mages anyway.

I allied with the Templars the first time I did it, and this time I conscripted them, but tbh I think it is better if you conscript the mages, and ally with the Templars. Ser Barris is a much better person and leader than Fiona, and he's a lot more thankful to the Inquisition than she is.

I feel like the whole Celene assassination/Samson as a villain thing works out better when you side with the mages because it feels more urgent and more believable. If I had sided with the Templars the first time I may have not even known there was a plot to assassinate Celene until Leliana mentions it.
When you side with templars you find some room with a shrine, and Cole shows up to tell you about the plot to kill Celene. So it's pretty much the same.
Anyway just recreated my first inquisitior with some changes going to do my "perfect" playthrough now.

There was also a weird thing going on when I conscripted templars. Cassandra greatly disapproved, but then defended my choice when this was discussed in a war room. Go figure.

Last edited:
When you side with templars you find some room with a shrine, and Cole shows up to tell you about the plot to kill Celene. So it's pretty much the same.
Anyway just recreated my first inquisitior with some changes going to do my "perfect" playthrough now.

There was also a weird thing going on when I conscripted templars. Cassandra greatly disapproved, but then defended my choice when this was discussed in a war room.

Yeah but Cole telling you that vs. you seeing a horrible future with Leliana looking tortured and fucked up telling you that Celene's assassination was the cause of all this creates much more of an impact.

And yeah same thing happened to me. I think it's just Cassandra having her own opinions on what you should have done but ultimately knowing that since there was nobody else there making the choice, it was up to you and arguing about it is pointless. Or at least that's my take on it.

Your Inquisitor looks cool, is he a mage or?

There was also a weird thing going on when I conscripted templars. Cassandra greatly disapproved, but then defended my choice when this was discussed in a war room. Go figure.

Yea she has some weirdness with her approval rating. Sometimes she's a tough mistress to please. I wuv her anyway tho, lol:

Andrastemas? From what I've read, I think they celebrate Winter Solstice which isn't exactly the same but it's their equivalent.

:rofl: That's hilarious.

I like to think that this spirit was really Andraste as a spirit of faith. She's been dead a while, she might've forgotten exactly who she is by now and when she manifested herself to help, decided to mimic something familiar. That or she does remember and just decided to hide it by playing the divine, but I prefer the former.

After all, she is rather powerful, and the Divine only just died. How would she go angel mode quick enough to help you? Seems too convenient an explanation that she's the Divine. Hence why she never actually confirms that this is what she is.

Top Bottom