Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
@ Finnway: I don't think that's clear yet.

We potentially "killed" Flemeth and you see how well that works out. And that was the Mary Sue Warden who can do no wrong.
Yea, yea, saw you say that on BSN :p was talking about Corypheus though. Also, we didn't have any sort of key belonging to Flemeth before. You never know.

Also, you should know I'm rarely a do gooder, even here ;) My warden was the furthest thing from a paladin do-gooder. But if Mary Sue is all we need, then Solas doesn't stand a chance. Inquisitor's the biggest Mary Sue yet. Your boyfriend is fucked :p

As for Solas, I'd of course love for a grey villain, but this is Bioware.

---------- Updated at 06:08 AM ----------

Also, not that I'm advocating this or saying it's likely, but the whole "Demigod who kills the gods with their own weapons" thing isn't uncommon, so I wouldn't be surprised if we did get to kill Solas or at least screw him over pretty bad...

Last edited:
I don't mind if that's an option, as long as we aren't forced into it. They also have basically said that the gods can't truly be killed. Several elven gods ganging up on Mythal couldn't kill her dead, so the Inquisitor would have to be Sue Extraordinnaire to top that. It's like the ES people saying they want to kill a daedra. First of all, boring. Second of all, not going to happen. It's more likely to happen in DA but if they need him for a story reason, he's going to stick around even if you get to go stabbity on him.

Bioware's got a pretty good pattern now that the true big bads are very black while the middle-road antagonists like Loghain and Anders are redeemable. Solas fits into that category. I'm pretty confident they're not going to turn him into a big bad.

Since Solas absorbed at least a part of Flemeths spirit and Flemeth seeks for revenge it's likely that Solas will be some kind of villain in the next installment.
The question is on whom she wants revenge on.
I imagine that DA4 will once again feature a blight and at the same time a war of the Forgotten Ones and the other elven gods, since just another blight would be too boring. :teeth:
She wants revenge on those who killed her, i.e. elven gods. But those gods were pretty nasty anyway so I can't see opposing them as a villain thing to do.

Last edited:
I just hope they really have a plan where all this is going and won't get lost in their own twists, making a royal mess of a whole thing.

Grey Wardens were idiots in DA:O too. Even in the Calling (the book), they're portrayed as a bunch of ignorant people. They're manipulated by a sentient darkspawn, they're manipulated by Orlais (once more). I couldn't have a bit of respect for Duncan too, especially him.

I still cannot believe the news about the Architect hasn't spead for DECADES. I still cannot believe nobody knows about Corypheus among them. Simply put, they deserve to disappear or be deeply reformed. They always know where are the old gods "dragons". What do they do with that info? Nothing, and we know that even before Origins.

"Normal ass, fanatized soldiers" with top-notch weaponry and armors are way harder to kill than mindless darkspawn without strategy or decent siege weapons.
The Wardens were afraid too, not confident. When you're not sure of your cause or even stripped off your will, you're defeated. Also what they did in Inquisition is not their first mistake.
Wardens made deal with the Architect in the Calling. They use blood magic in the Last Flight or Origins. They were used by Orlais as an invasion army and a Trojan horse (hence Loghain's deserved suspicions) to attack Neverra.

Grey Wardens in DA:I are what they always were. Being one in Origins gave us a biased opinion about them. This is the fastest Blight resolved, and it took 3 to 4 Wardens without any proper ties to the organization to deal with it, thanks to the treaties.

Just proves how bad the (plot) writing in Dragon Age is in general. Imho time to finally fire this David Gaider guy and hire some competent writers instead.

Just proves how bad the (plot) writing in Dragon Age is in general. Imho time to finally fire this David Gaider guy and hire some competent writers instead.
Okay I'll bite.
While writing in Dragon Age is far from flawless, I fail to see how Gray Wardens not being an impeccable organisation amounts to bad writing.

Okay I'll bite.
While writing in Dragon Age is far from flawless, I fail to see how Gray Wardens not being an impeccable organisation amounts to bad writing.

The Grey Wardens are stylized as a group with group traits and characeristics (over a long period of time and on different locations) instead of being treated like a bunch of individuals. To me that's mediocre, stereotype writing.

That's just my personal opinion and I have honestly little interest in an in depth discussion about DA lore. You can of course disagree with me but I won't continue from here.

I don't mind if that's an option, as long as we aren't forced into it. They also have basically said that the gods can't truly be killed. Several elven gods ganging up on Mythal couldn't kill her dead, so the Inquisitor would have to be Sue Extraordinnaire to top that. It's like the ES people saying they want to kill a daedra. First of all, boring. Second of all, not going to happen. It's more likely to happen in DA but if they need him for a story reason, he's going to stick around even if you get to go stabbity on him.

You don't like killing and fighting in general though, and the elderscrolls is different. The daedra there aren't characters in the forefront, they're just mostly in the back, even when they're involved with the main story. You also lose a lot of potential for new lore. Here, Solas is a front character, and thus is fair game. Dumat and the old gods were mostly "killed". I doubt anyone's gonna care about the semantics if Solas' soul is still floating around somewhere.

And at this point, are we really splitting hairs over Sue protagonists? They're all gonna be Sue, Suen it up all over Thedas, so I don't much care about that, so long as it's interesting. And if that happens, I don't think he'll be around for much of anything. Flemeth is the one I expect to stay involved, as she's been here since the beginning.

This is again, if he's made the villain, which I'm not pushing for. He screws up too much for any plans of his to work, lol. But I doubt he's just gonna get a free pass to screw things up without us putting the smack on him. I'm sure his fans would just love that, lol, but that's not happening in a Bioware game.

Last edited:
The Grey Wardens are stylized as a group with group traits and characeristics (over a long period of time and on different locations) instead of being treated like a bunch of individuals. To me that's mediocre, stereotype writing.

That's just my personal opinion and I have honestly little interest in an in depth discussion about DA lore. You can of course disagree with me but I won't continue from here.
Okay.

You don't like killing and fighting in general though, and the elderscrolls is different. The daedra there aren't characters in the forefront, they're just mostly in the back, even when they're involved with the main story. You also lose a lot of potential for new lore. Here, Solas is a front character, and thus is fair game. Dumat and the old gods were mostly "killed". I doubt anyone's gonna care about the semantics if Solas' soul is still floating around somewhere.

And at this point, are we really splitting hairs over Sue protagonists? They're all gonna be Sue, Suen it up all over Thedas, so I don't much care about that, so long as it's interesting. And if that happens, I don't think he'll be around for much of anything. Flemeth is the one I expect to stay involved, as she's been here since the beginning.

This is again, if he's made the villain, which I'm not pushing for. He screws up too much for any plans of his to work, lol. But I doubt he's just gonna get a free pass to screw things up without us putting the smack on him. I'm sure his fans would just love that, lol, but that's not happening in a Bioware game.
You might be surprised. Most of his fans on the fan thread want to stop him from removing the Veil. I'm probably the only one I've seen who wouldn't mind tearing that baby down. But obviously I want to learn more about what it would entail first.

You didn't get to kill Morrigan, and a lot of people were gunning for her, including Alistair fangirls rabid over her daring to touch their Ali-bear in order to save his life. But all I'm saying is they'll keep him around as long as he's useful for the story. Admittedly they do kill off interesting characters sometimes just because. I thought the Architect had more potential, for instance.

Okay.

You might be surprised. Most of his fans on the fan thread want to stop him from removing the Veil. I'm probably the only one I've seen who wouldn't mind tearing that baby down. But obviously I want to learn more about what it would entail first.

You didn't get to kill Morrigan, and a lot of people were gunning for her, including Alistair fangirls rabid over her daring to touch their Ali-bear in order to save his life. But all I'm saying is they'll keep him around as long as he's useful for the story. Admittedly they do kill off interesting characters sometimes just because. I thought the Architect had more potential, for instance.

I think the veil coming down will happen when the series ends. I couldn't imagine playing the entire game in a setting that Solas described, but that's probably because I'm picturing a mix of fade environments and normal practically everywhere, which I just don't think would work for an entire game. Especially if magic is supposed to return to everyone. Which is why I'm pretty sure any plans to force this change will fail, but I do think the change is inevitable.

Why would we kill Morrigan, she helps things, not screws them up. I don't consider someone sleeping with someone's swpecial wuv interest to be screwing things up in the same way :lol:

Anyway, that last part kind of goes without saying, no? As far as usefulness for the story goes. As you said, people who can still be useful die all the time. If Flemeth can die (supposedly. I doubt she's dead personally), then anyone's fair game. If they had some balls, they'd make the Divine next game get assassinated. But then, they already did that, so.

---------- Updated at 03:32 PM ----------

Oh, and I haven't been keeping up a great deal with the Solas thread, but I bet most of them want to stop him with loving words or something, lol.

---------- Updated at 03:48 PM ----------

edit: LOL I don't know what I'd do if they made solas have to sleep with Cassandra to save her life for some reason... Probably throw Bioware into space. MAN am I glad I'm a man :lol: LOL

edit: LOL I don't know what I'd do if they made solas have to sleep with Cassandra to save her life for some reason... Probably throw Bioware into space. MAN am I glad I'm a man LOL

Nothing to do with being a man, be glad you play male characters... So much less emotional attachment to pretty boys... Well except maybe king of the almost Freddy mercury level of awesome Dorian...

Seriously best rendered buttocks award should be given...

Nothing to do with being a man, be glad you play male characters... So much less emotional attachment to pretty boys... Well except maybe king of the almost Freddy mercury level of awesome Dorian...

Seriously best rendered buttocks award should be given...

Isn't that the same thing more or less? :p Lol. Man in the game basically, which I am every time, until I get to this planned elf chick.

Dude's a pretty motherfucker, that is true, lol.

Isn't that the same thing more or less? :p Lol. Man in the game basically, which I am every time, until I get to this planned elf chick.

Dude's a pretty motherfucker, that is true, lol.
I might do an elf chick at some point, one on easy mode. rush through the game and only hunt cut-scenes. AFTER I find all the relevant party banter/comments trigger points to get the talky stuff without wasting time. Or I could skip it and watch youtube...

Dorian is awesome dat ass is just heavenly. Can't understand the weirdos who complain he's gay. He just wouldn't have the same awesomeness if he's bi-/omni-/hetero- sexual

I might do an elf chick at some point, one on easy mode. rush through the game and only hunt cut-scenes. AFTER I find all the relevant party banter/comments trigger points to get the talky stuff without wasting time. Or I could skip it and watch youtube...

Dorian is awesome dat ass is just heavenly. Can't understand the weirdos who complain he's gay. He just wouldn't have the same awesomeness if he's bi-/omni-/hetero- sexual

I'm not gonna get into sexuality, as I've had enough of that from BSN, but yea I agree basically.

And that's exactly what I plan on doing with my elf. Rush through for the essentials to get the picture.

Ok. But which one? The Forgotten Ones or the "normal" ones?

Normal. The forgotten ones (The old tevinter gods) are mostly dead anyway but two. Likely to be future archdemons.

---------- Updated at 05:17 PM ----------

Which reminds me, that name "Archdemon". I wonder if the demon part is more literal. Would coincide well with what I said about Dumat and the taint.

But aren't the Forgotten Ones and the Old Gods two different kind of gods?

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/The_Forgotten_Ones

At least according to the wiki.
The dragon age inquisition astrarium puzzles have text that basically slams it into your head over and over again that the tevinter's gods mostly come from the ancient elven pantheon. That means the old gods and archdemons.

The idea that they borrowed/stole from the elves is part of the theme basically, showing that human and elven religion is linked. Some people take that as "Hurr durr humans were wrong bcuz we Furstest!" When really we learned everyone was wrong on a lot of things. They're beings with their own lives. Trying to claim them's like trying to claim the moon.

---------- Updated at 05:37 PM ----------

Also, for those that doubt, remember how mad Solas gets when the Wardens planned on killing the old gods before they became archdemons. In elven legend, they say he is kin to both clans of gods. His anger supports this idea.

The dragon age inquisition astrarium puzzles have text that basically slams it into your head over and over again that the tevinter's gods mostly come from the ancient elven pantheon. That means the old gods and archdemons.

The idea that they borrowed/stole from the elves is part of the theme basically, showing that human and elven religion is linked. Some people take that as "Hurr durr humans were wrong bcuz we Furstest!" When really we learned everyone was wrong on a lot of things. They're beings with their own lives. Trying to claim them's like trying to claim the moon.

---------- Updated at 05:37 PM ----------

Also, for those that doubt, remember how mad Solas gets when the Wardens planned on killing the old gods before they became archdemons. In elven legend, they say he is kin to both clans of gods. His anger supports this idea.

I was too lazy to read all this lengthy texts because the side quests contained so many text passeges already which bored me.

But still gods like Anaris and Geldauran are no Archdemons. Maybe the Tevinterani (don't know if this term is correct) just use other names for them?

I was too lazy to read all this lengthy texts because the side quests contained so many text passeges already which bored me.

But still gods like Anaris and Geldauran are no Archdemons. Maybe the Tevinterani (don't know if this term is correct) just use other names for them?

They do. I wouldn't be surprised if the elven god of pestilence or the god of terror was actually the old god Urthemiel, god of beauty (last archdemon). Reminds me of the four horsemen of the apocalypse, which is rather fitting.

Top Bottom