Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
They do. I wouldn't be surprised if the elven god of pestilence or the god of terror was actually the old god Urthemiel, god of beauty (last archdemon). Reminds me of the four horsemen of the apocalypse, which is rather fitting.

Ok so the evil Forgotten Ones turned on to humans, made them their new believers. But didn't Solas say that Arlathan was already into shatters when the Tevinterani conquered them?

Now that I think about it Solas could have been lying about not tricking the elven gods. Both good and evil. And the evil ones were banished by Solas into the Deep Roads somehow. But if he tricked them why is Flemeth/Mythal not angry at him?

Ok so the evil Forgotten Ones turned on to humans, made them their new believers. But didn't Solas say that Arlathan was already into shatters when the Tevinterani conquered them?

Now that I think about it Solas could have been lying about not tricking the elven gods. Both good and evil. And the evil ones were banished by Solas into the Deep Roads somehow. But if he tricked them why is Flemeth/Mythal not angry at him?

Indeed Arlathan was. I think that the forgotten ones might've been allied with the humans before Arlathan fell. There's gotta be some reason they were separated into clans. They probably were just using them though, not siding with them out of endearment or anything.

/random speculation
Because they are the ones who killed her and who she wants to exact revenge on?

That would imply that Mythal was already kind of dead and floating around searching for a new body. And Solas maybe seek for revenge.

Indeed Arlathan was. I think that the forgotten ones might've been allied with the humans before Arlathan fell. There's gotta be some reason they were separated into clans. They probably were just using them though, not siding with them out of endearment or anything.

But the Archdemons, or whatever they are before the tainting, spoke to the Tevinterani in their dreams and taught them bloodmagic, didn't they? It's sometimes hard to set that into he right chronological order.
So Solas tricked all the elven gods, but the clans didn't stop fighting. The Archdemons began to speak to the humans in their dreams in the fade and then they came and conquered what was left of Arlathan. After that the humans entered the Fade and brought the blight into the world.

But the Archdemons, or whatever they are before the tainting, spoke to the Tevinterani in their dreams and taught them bloodmagic, didn't they? It's sometimes hard to set that into he right chronological order.
So Solas tricked all the elven gods, but the clans didn't stop fighting. The Archdemons began to speak to the humans in their dreams in the fade and then they came and conquered what was left of Arlathan. After that the humans entered the Fade and brought the blight into the world.
Took only over 2000 years but yeah...
-1605 TE: The Old Gods begin whispering to humanity from the Golden City. They teach the Dreamers of the Neromenian tribes magic. These Dreamers become the priests and rulers of their people.
-400 TE: Thalsian, also known as the First Priest of Dumat, is the first known person to wield blood magic, and the first magister. The Archon claims to learn this art after personally communicating with the Old God. The power he gained from blood magic allowed him to spark the birth of a future empire under his rule.

till

800 TE or -395 Ancient: According to the Chantry lore, the most powerful magister lords, seeking more power, open a gate to the Golden City at the heart of the Fade. The result is catastrophic: The Golden City becomes tainted, and the magisters bring the taint into the world, creating the first darkspawn.
Note one of the very few entries that have an "According to chantry lore" in the overall time-line.

After that the humans entered the Fade and brought the blight into the world.
Red lyrium was discovered in a very ancient thaig and it's not entierly clear when it was built. Now that we know that red lyrium has the Blight, I felt that might be an implication that it existed before the magisters entered the Golden City. But I'm not an expert on DA timeline, so I may be wrong here.

Red lyrium was discovered in a very ancient thaig and it's not entierly clear when it was built. Now that we know that red lyrium has the Blight, I felt that might be an implication that it existed before the magisters entered the Golden City. But I'm not an expert on DA timeline, so I may be wrong here.

That's what a lot of people are saying on BSN, but I think the presence of red lyrium around the breach in the beginning and also in the fade suggests something else. What, I don't know.

Took only over 2000 years but yeah...
-1605 TE: The Old Gods begin whispering to humanity from the Golden City. They teach the Dreamers of the Neromenian tribes magic. These Dreamers become the priests and rulers of their people.
-400 TE: Thalsian, also known as the First Priest of Dumat, is the first known person to wield blood magic, and the first magister. The Archon claims to learn this art after personally communicating with the Old God. The power he gained from blood magic allowed him to spark the birth of a future empire under his rule.

till

800 TE or -395 Ancient: According to the Chantry lore, the most powerful magister lords, seeking more power, open a gate to the Golden City at the heart of the Fade. The result is catastrophic: The Golden City becomes tainted, and the magisters bring the taint into the world, creating the first darkspawn.
Note one of the very few entries that have an "According to chantry lore" in the overall time-line.

Ok so it took Thalsian/Coryphaus 1200 years to find a method to enter the fade? How could a normal human survive that long? Through blood magic?
And if he was a dreamer why it was even neccessary to enter the Fade if he could do this already in person?
And why did the Old God speaks with the Neromenian from the Fade if the were the banished in the Deep Roads not in the Fade? (So many question :lol:)

Don't like screwing with timelines, but I do know that dreaming into the fade and actually going there is much different. Also, it's assumed that they didn't actually speak to them from the city, but from the ground and lied to get them to go there and release the taint.

Which I assume is because they want to use the taint to awaken them and gain its power.

Anyway, that last part kind of goes without saying, no? As far as usefulness for the story goes. As you said, people who can still be useful die all the time. If Flemeth can die (supposedly. I doubt she's dead personally), then anyone's fair game. If they had some balls, they'd make the Divine next game get assassinated. But then, they already did that, so.
Well sorry, but... yawn. I'm sick of Chantry politics. Don't give a shit who becomes Divine. I don't support anyone and let the chips fall where they may. The Chantry's going to fuck it all up in a generation if not sooner anyway.

Well sorry, but... yawn. I'm sick of Chantry politics. Don't give a shit who becomes Divine. I don't support anyone and let the chips fall where they may. The Chantry's going to fuck it all up in a generation if not sooner anyway.

Lol, well... cool? Lol. It wasn't like I suggested it be the main point of story... And having Cassandra, Vivienne or Leliana be assassinated and dead for good would be pretty ballsy and interesting.

I and others still are interested in the chantry. They're at least relevant, until the elves do something besides die slowly, or the Qunari invade. Or Tevinter, which would be really cool.

i luv tumblr

Cullen for president of my life

---------- Updated at 03:12 PM ----------

Also this

Going to give my opinion for relative power level of the classes, after some 240 hours, shit it was a long holiday season this year. Note all on nightmare, well except the warrior I was so annoyed after 8 hours wasted I turned that one down to casual:

1. Mage, Nightmare is a bit choose your fights till lvl 6-7 but after that it got easy and even with unoptimized group setting it was a cake walk to get to skyhold After that Super easy, knight enchanter is 2 maybe 3 button mode solo everything X levels above you. Other specs are still doing solid. Bit boring but at least it's just hammer those keys till everything is dead.

2 Rogue Archer: just kite everything, walk around shoot and use 3-4 buttons of abilities to conquer all. In theory this could be the easiest. since I never bothered with specializations and stopped distributing ability points after lvl 11. I mean, was saving those points for specialization, just got bored hunting down stuff and suddenly finished the main quests. Just the need to walk around while killing stuff is tiresome...

a really low 3th place:
Warrior, I just can't do the templar or mage quest at a decent level. it's impossible. After you get specializations it's a lot better, sadly that requires getting to skyhold first... buhaha though luck. BUT it's impossible to do either of those quests on a reasonable grindy char on nightmare. And even on casual it involved a 20 minute fight to kill that demon bastard on the templar path. Okay didn't help that the whole thing bugged out completely and no animations worked anymore (even after re-boots and dozens of re-starts set to lowest options it just bugged out). Still every fight takes soo dreadfully long and it's so boring.

Never tried dual wield rogue guessing it's the draw-backs of rogue (lowest defense of all classes and crappy health compared to warrior) with the shitty game-play of warrior... yeah not even going to try. Warrior is just annoying without going tactical mode in every single fight. the ranged ones never needed to use tactical.

OH and horrible horrible bug or a really crap game design:
If you have 3 people that can dispel magic. It's possible to have rifts bug out.
NEVER dispel all re-spawn demons from rifts, worst case the game gets stuck, best case it ignores all dispels.

I'm literally walking through my latest nightmare player as a warrior, occasionally checking my difficulty to make sure I didn't somehow slip back to hard or normal :p

Guess it just comes down to the player, or build and strategy. I rely on bull rush and war cry early on to assure I always have guard, and I keep blackwall and cassandra until after haven is destroyed.

I'm literally walking through my latest nightmare player as a warrior, occasionally checking my difficulty to make sure I didn't somehow slip back to hard or normal :p

Guess it just comes down to the player, or build and strategy. I rely on bull rush and war cry early on to assure I always have guard, and I keep blackwall and cassandra until after haven is destroyed.

Bull rush I specced away I just couldn't stand it anymore after the umpteenth time my moron warrior didn't do as told and rushed right of a cliff, mountain, whatever and it even happens on AI controlled warriors. But it's other stuff as well, I find it highly annoying in non tactical to control a front liner with the please attack button and walk up to the enemy every 2-3 seconds. BUT in tactical resurrection just completely refuses to work. Doesn't matter if Dorian Solas or Viv all three involve leaving tactical to get them to use that spell. And before the warrior I didn't even notice how much I miss just being able to use spells on the character portraits.

Also another design flaw Dorians death stuff fights for us thing should really really cancel itself if the fight is over. It's so annoying to wait for those things to die on their own before you can talk to whoever you should talk to after a fight.

It sounds like you're playing with the keyboard and mouse, am I right? Most people I've seen complaining about warriors don't use controllers. For me, bull rush is really simple to control. Just hold the button down and direct where you want to go, then release whenever you want after you've hit your targets. I don't remember what it's like for keyboard, or if it's different, but it sounds like they can only use it in tac mode?

Jup keyboard and mouse, I can't handle controllers for more than half an hour without my hands cramping up.

Bulls rush is tricky normal mode you really need to face where you want to go which ALWAYS goes wrong, mostly due to me using mouse camera so the warrior never faces where my camera is pointing anyway.
Tactical it is better but still something is off. hit bulls rush key -> game auto pauses -> pick target with mouse -> warrior runs. In theory hit the key again to stop the rush just eh that often doesn't work properly. I'd say 3/10 times I can't stop the rush. What works is using Lunge and Slash IF I have enough stamina left to do that one

And it happens on AI controlled character too, the amount of times the other warriors charged right off off a cliff in the storm-coast, is hilarious.

Ah k, in that case I don't blame you for finding warriors so difficult.

I don't run them off the cliff normally, but I did have a really funny moment yesterday when hunting ram for that stupid hinterlands mission. I was controlling Solas to freeze one, so my three warriors, me blackwall and cassandra, could all bullrush it and kill it then and there before it had a chance to run away. It worked, but they just kept going and going, and yea, all warriors dropped to almost 0 health at once from fighting one ram, LOL.

Top Bottom