Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
I've only played DA:I as a mage so far. I never tried playing as a warrior in DA:O but in DA2 Warrior was so boring. Dual-wielding rogues in DA2 was my fave after mage in both DA:O and DA2 so I'll probably try that one next.

I saw a video of someone on nightmare mode killing a dragon in less than 5 minutes as a rogue archer.... so I guess that one has to be the most OP.

I've only played DA:I as a mage so far. I never tried playing as a warrior in DA:O but in DA2 Warrior was so boring. Dual-wielding rogues in DA2 was my fave after mage in both DA:O and DA2 so I'll probably try that one next.

I saw a video of someone on nightmare mode killing a dragon in less than 5 minutes as a rogue archer.... so I guess that one has to be the most OP.

Someone posted a guy doing that in seconds with a void mage ;) All the classes have the potential to be op it seems.

I agree with you though, warrior was boring as shit in DA 2. Origins it was better since you could dual wield. DA I brought it back for me. While ruining rogues, lol.

Combat as a mage now feels really boring to me. Chilling in the back while your companions do the real work, slinging spells from afar. It's so uninteresting. Ruins dragonfights too. I like to be in the action. More exciting. Only way I'd roll a bathrobe is if I went Knight Enchanter.

Playing on pc. I suspect that these issues were brought a couple of hundred pages back in this thread! LOL! First is are there healing spells? WTF. And how to make my character WALK? Seems stuck on sprint. Really dumb looking sometimes. Thanks.

Last edited:
Someone posted a guy doing that in seconds with a void mage ;) All the classes have the potential to be op it seems.

I agree with you though, warrior was boring as shit in DA 2. Origins it was better since you could dual wield. DA I brought it back for me. While ruining rogues, lol.

Combat as a mage now feels really boring to me. Chilling in the back while your companions do the real work, slinging spells from afar. It's so uninteresting. Ruins dragonfights too. I like to be in the action. More exciting. Only way I'd roll a bathrobe is if I went Knight Enchanter.

Void mage? Do u mean rift mage?

I love combat as a mage, but then I'm a Knight Enchanter so I have no problems running up to a Dragon and slicing the bastards in the face.

I also play KE. I find it kind of meh, but it has one good use- as a big fuck you to the enemies who pull you in because they think they're going to slice and dice you. Dragons and revenants, notably. These also tend to be the enemies which spirit blade hurts the most- high guard or high armor.

First time a revenant pulled me I was all WTF.

Well. As I posted on BSN, this revenant is about to get a spirit sword in his shriveled demon gonads.

View attachment 8989

Attachments

• DragonAgeInquisition2015-01-0116-20-46-17_zpsd0ef57ca.jpg
    DragonAgeInquisition2015-01-0116-20-46-17_zpsd0ef57ca.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 39
No healing spells? Seriously? I may need to rethink my current mage build..... wow....

Indeed, but you won't really need them much. Use your warriors to keep aggro, select the passive abilities in the skill tree with the barrier spell. Get the perk that lowers aggro for your mage.

No healing spells? Seriously? I may need to rethink my current mage build..... wow....

It's not healing in the same way as the previous games but Spirit mages and Knight Enchanters both have spells that let them resurrect fallen party members with full health.

Mages are more about crowd control and defense. Warriors get a mechanic called Guard that allows them to build up extra health by fighting. There are definitely balances. I'm not sure why they set it up this way. Supposedly to prevent having to spam heal? Only now you have to spam Barrier even more.

Spam barrier and spam abilities for guard.

It's a weird design choice since it didn't make the game harder at all, once you understand the mechanics, but eh. I like it. Not having to rely on a mage in the party's my favorite thing about DA I. Made it seem before like you can't fight a war without them.

Okay constantly playing in tactical mode in every fight has a really really big positive side effect...

Almost spilled my drink over my keyboard when I got to kill "The Maker" in the fade... Seriously, never noticed it before when not in tactical mode.

Okay constantly playing in tactical mode in every fight has a really really big positive side effect...

Almost spilled my drink over my keyboard when I got to kill "The Maker" in the fade... Seriously, never noticed it before when not in tactical mode.

I love all the different fears in the fade. it made me laugh when i got to the end and the fear was 'ironically, spiders.' very bioware style comedy tbh.

Last edited:
I remember dismissing the shit out of those theories for Sera on BSN but admittedly, a few of those points make me wonder.

I honestly hope it isn't true. There's too many elven gods popping out all of a sudden, and it'd be kind of strange that Solas wouldn't notice, or care she's there. It's also unlikely to me since unlike Solas, you can leave her completely out of the party and kick her out at any time which seems odd for someone with that kind of importance. But the tarot card, that's hard to dismiss.

Sigh. I bet Sandal is Elgar'nan or some shit, LOL.

Top Bottom