Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
I thought the Solas theories were pretty good. All I have to say about Sera one is that if she is an old god I hope we can kill her :evil:

I'm kind of annoyed that people that romance Solas get all that cool info and make an Elven god fall in love with them :mad:

I wonder if that aspect will actually have any major changes though? Like Bioware said before that they weren't even planning to make Solas romanceable so did they even plan for this?

ALSO i can't believe DA:I at some point was going to be released with the two straight female love interests being restricted to Blackwall and Iron Bull :| Why wasn't Cullen an immediate LI in the first place?

Probably because they didn't think he was very interesting as one. I wouldn't have expected him to be one either. From the videos I've seen of it, it seems about as interesting as Josephines. A few cutesy moments here and there, but ultimately unfulfilling.

I was rather jealous of the elven female fans at first as well but Cassandra's got a really interesting background and her theme of faith in the relationship and otherwise is something I can relate to. She's been fighting dragons since she was young and is just an all around badass individual, one of the most interesting characters in the series, so I got over the fact that the Solavellans got some exclusive lorey bits that related to the plot of the game. Lol, especially when the cost was being dumped so coldly... you should see the thread on BSN.

I had enough of sad romances from Morrigan already anyway. And really, it was about time the elves were given something. I'm more annoyed that males don't really have much window to really participate and enjoy that part of the fandom like female fans can. No female elven romance option has ever been offered for males except in DA 2 when you were Hawke, who is a human. So until they spread the love, my concern and interest mostly lies with humans and how elven lore can relate to theirs.

i trusted solas whole game long, i decided according to his advices, how blind i was. i looked for a betrayer all game long and i played game more than 80+ hours, now i can't go back.

Okay constantly playing in tactical mode in every fight has a really really big positive side effect...
That would be nice if tac cam actually worked instead of being the abomination that it is.

I thought the Solas theories were pretty good. All I have to say about Sera one is that if she is an old god I hope we can kill her :evil:
Heh, same here. I don't mind her as color commentary but all in all she annoyed me to no end. My elven character was trying to get along with her until after the temple and then told her to cut out her shit and that was the end of that.

I'm kind of annoyed that people that romance Solas get all that cool info and make an Elven god fall in love with them :mad:

I wonder if that aspect will actually have any major changes though? Like Bioware said before that they weren't even planning to make Solas romanceable so did they even plan for this?

ALSO i can't believe DA:I at some point was going to be released with the two straight female love interests being restricted to Blackwall and Iron Bull :| Why wasn't Cullen an immediate LI in the first place?
That would have been pretty lame. Blackwall's romance is ok but a lot of people would have been unhappy. Iron Bull's "romance" really isn't. I don't mind him as a character but that romance arc... just, no.

i trusted solas whole game long, i decided according to his advices, how blind i was. i looked for a betrayer all game long and i played game more than 80+ hours, now i can't go back.
I suspect you'll have a chance to confront him in a DLC. I don't see it as a betrayal, though he does hold back lots of information. He has good reasons, though. You need his help and would you really accept it if you knew?

Probably because they didn't think he was very interesting as one. I wouldn't have expected him to be one either. From the videos I've seen of it, it seems about as interesting as Josephines. A few cutesy moments here and there, but ultimately unfulfilling.

But people have wanted to romance Cullen since DA:O, and he's by far the most popular love interest for the female fanbase.
And his romance is not unfulfilling! It's not as dramatic as some of the others but it's super sweet and from the videos of the other straight female romances I've seen, it's the best one too. Solas' one is pretty good but I like Cullen more than I like Solas so I'm always going to pick him instead.

I watched Iron Bull's romance yesterday and... yeah it made me cringe lol. I think the VA for the british inquisitor was too OTT for some scenes which made it worse as well, which is a shame bc she voices everything else I've seen really well.... though it may not have been her fault considering what she had to say lmaoo

That would have been pretty lame. Blackwall's romance is ok but a lot of people would have been unhappy. Iron Bull's "romance" really isn't. I don't mind him as a character but that romance arc... just, no.

Blackwall looks way too 'dad-like' for me to consider him a romantic interest, not to mention it doesn't really end happily.

And yeah... IB's romance is not my cup of tea either. I read on tumblr ppl saying they'd done Cullen's romance then tried Iron Bull and couldn't go back to Cullen bc Iron Bull's was so awesome and out of curiosity I watched it on youtube but x__x nah Cullen is still superior in every way

Last edited:
The tumblr post about Sera being vessel for Andruil's wisp is missing one big thing- Flemeth tells us that possession can't happen to the unwilling, and Sera sure sounds like an unwilling host. I suppose we'll find out more but eh, whatever. Sera doesn't interest me.

Cullen is boring as hell, sorry, lol. I've tried to make a human mage to romance him but Trevelyan is dull and Cullen is just not enough draw to get her past all those fetch quests.

Meh you're welcome to your opinion on Cullen of course.
I find him very endearing and I love his personality and cute quirks, so his romance is my favourite :wub:

edit: personality wise, Cullen is the type of guy I like IRL too, which helps.

That would be nice if tac cam actually worked instead of being the abomination that it is.
It's tricky but I got it down to the point that it works really well. It's not DA.O level of tactical but more this is what third person gameplay should be like in the first place especially when trying to cast area spells.

There was one thing I REALLY hated when playing a mage, it was not being able to switch to tactical to place an area spell after hitting the spells button. This problem is solved by using tactical as a superior 3rd person mode

The trick is to start every combat by using the mouse wheel to flip to tactical and rebinding the tactical camera movement keys to someplace you'll NEVER accidentally hit them (I used numpad). Thus you have now a tactical centered on a character thats freely move-able around said character using the right mouse button.
The good thing is in theory it is now the same as third-person except for the following benefits:
Auto pause when using the tac, good for arranging the guys.
click on enemy, Characters run upto and attack automatically just like they did in DA:O.
Using single target abilities and or stuff like bull's charge requires only to click on the target. Your characters will run in range and do it.
If trying to place an area spell you can still use the numpad keys to move the camera around, you could just use the arrow keys. You only need 4 of them anyway rotating the camera still works with right mouse button.
If the camera is somewhere else a quick up down on the mouse wheel sets the camera back centered on your character and pauses the game again. (and yeah i use the mouse wheel to pause the game in a fight now, way easier than having another button for that.)

Last edited:
Nah the real work is that I rebound all keys per class. What works for a mage doesn't work at all for an archer. Made three files that I switch out every time I play a different class... And then there are the mouse button re-binds without those I couldn't do it at all. Thankfully logitech software can rebind keys for a single .exe

...on mouse and keyboard ;) :p

But people have wanted to romance Cullen since DA:O, and he's by far the most popular love interest for the female fanbase.
And his romance is not unfulfilling! It's not as dramatic as some of the others but it's super sweet and from the videos of the other straight female romances I've seen, it's the best one too. Solas' one is pretty good but I like Cullen more than I like Solas so I'm always going to pick him instead.

True, Cassandra's isn't as "dramatic", but it's sweet and the choices for her that you help make still dig at me currently. I probably just need to be more invested in the character, which I'm not at all unlike Solas and Blackwall. Cullen's cool don't get me wrong. He just suffers from what Josephine does for me, which is him being an adviser and not in the party. If he was, maybe I'd feel more connected as a friend. But I barely see him as it is now.

Sign me up for killing god Sera, LOL.

During the attack on Haven I was actually waiting for Cullen to step in and do some fighting or something. Because at that point main character is just a guy that was needed to close the breach and he is an actual commander of inquisition forces. And while I understand that high ranking officers and such mostly don't fight on the front lines, it still felt like if there ever was a time for that, it was then. Situation is pretty much hopeless after all, before Roderick tells you about a way out. But he just waves his sword around around a bit, makes a little speech and retreats to the chantry. That was rather disappointing.

During the attack on Haven I was actually waiting for Cullen to step in and do some fighting or something. Because at that point main character is just a guy that was needed to close the breach and he is an actual commander of inquisition forces.
But he doesn't get a decent sword until you tell him to take Lyrium again.

Alright well I REALLY want Leliana to be divine, mainly because I don't want my character to break up with Cass :( Plus I'm a Mage, so I hate Uncle "Vivienne" Tom.

These are my choices so far:

Kissed up to all characters, so I talked up the Chantry with Cassandra while calling it "useless" with Dorian.

My responses to the Maker and Herald stuff was along the lines of "I don't know".

Had Leliana spare the spy and had her feel good about retreating her scouts.

Full alliance with the mages.

Kept the Wardens as allies.

In the Cass personal quest, I think I supported her and did the romantic "I believe in you" option afterwards in Skyhold.

Flip flopped my ideas with Vivienne. Originally I thought she was just another advocate for mage freedom, so I lost a lot of approval with her in the beginning by saying mages should be free and all of that. Later, when I realized her character, I began to agree with her views. Like I said, total kiss up for approval.

Forced Gaspard, Celene and Briala to work together.

Got the Giselle Cutscene- is this an immediate"uh oh"?

And that was the last quest I did, Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts. I am guessing this part is pivitol, for as I come back to Skyhold, I have the reverred mother saying how be need a new divine and all that. And after that I have another cutscene with Giselle talking to Cassandra. And that's when I found this thread. These dialogue choices will be important i assume, which ones should I pick in order to maximize the chance for Leliana to become divine? I tried going all "The Chantry doesn't need to exist" and all that, but that results in a lot of approval loss. (should I just go for these options despite approval loss?

So at this point, is it still possible to make Leliana divine and what options should I choose in these cutscenes right after 'wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts"?

Got the Giselle Cutscene- is this an immediate"uh oh"?

And that was the last quest I did, Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts. I am guessing this part is pivitol, for as I come back to Skyhold, I have the reverred mother saying how be need a new divine and all that. And after that I have another cutscene with Giselle talking to Cassandra. And that's when I found this thread. These dialogue choices will be important i assume, which ones should I pick in order to maximize the chance for Leliana to become divine? I tried going all "The Chantry doesn't need to exist" and all that, but that results in a lot of approval loss. (should I just go for these options despite approval loss?

So at this point, is it still possible to make Leliana divine and what options should I choose in these cutscenes right after 'wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts"?

Okay not sure how it works exactly, I always got a war board mission to support someone as divine and that person became divine. The cut-scene after the whole wicked hearths thing is always there. I'd say don't tell anyone you could support them if you don't want them to become divine and avoid talking to them for a while. If you want lelliana go talk to her a couple of times after doing other stuff. She'll talk at some point about the whole divine situation then just support her. I believe the whole thing is after she has a quest for you to go to a specific chantry with her. Then depending on quest progress she should bring up a "I could be the next divine" support her don't talk to the others till it happens and you should be good.

Top Bottom