Must have mods

+
Must have mods

I just downloaded Witcher 1 Enhanced Edition off of steam.
What are the must have mods for Witcher 1?
I've played Witcher 2 but never Witcher 1.
Thanks,

The first witcher doesn't really need mods because it is great on its own .
Don't hurt yourself and play the game vanila for the first time.

Great thanks, I'll take a look at those. I rarely do more then one playthrough. Just looking for mod that improve the gaming experience in general not mods that alter the story.

This game is about rash choices having unexpected consequences; it wants at least three playthroughs (if not from the beginning, at least from Act III). I would not use any mods the first time.

If you want to play a different (excellent) story after that, get Corylea's "Medical Problems" I and II.

Check out Nexus, but the two worth trying are Combat Rebalance and Medical Problems. CR1 makes the game a lot harder so be warned. ROTWW also looks fantastic but I haven't tried it out.

Check out Nexus, but the two worth trying are Combat Rebalance and Medical Problems. CR1 makes the game a lot harder so be warned. ROTWW also looks fantastic but I haven't tried it out.

Agreed, if you've already played vanilla. But for a first playthrough? Nope.
The only mod I would recommend is one that displays what's in your alchemy ingredients, using a colour code. Unfortunately, I can't remember what it's called.

The only must-have mods are the fixes. Some are only needed if you encounter the problem. Two need to be installed before playing:
Celina Wreath Fix (allows you to finish a certain quest in Ch.4)
Have Han Plants Give You Han, NOT Bebercane (as it says, this corrects a problem where a certain plant gives you the wrong alchemy ingredient, meaning Rebis becomes very scarce in Ch. 4).

Just google the names and you should find them. I can't find anything on this site anymore.

Don't listen to people who give you links to major game altering mods for the first playthrough. The Witcher is great as it is, and the community (especially Corylea) has been there to fix the occasional bugs that remain.

Last edited:
I personally only enjoyed TW1 after applying FCR1.6a. I know that this isn't universally agreed as a good idea for a new player, but it is certainly worth considering if you don't enjoy the vanilla play. Combat is faster, usually, but it can be trickier to stay alive in some circumstances.

I played first time completely through with FCR 1.6, using ecology, and medium difficulty (standard monsters). It is significantly harder to make early progress with harder monsters, so I'd not suggest that for a new player.

If you try it and don't like it, uninstall and reinstall completely, don't just rely on "uninstalling the mod" as it causes problems. Also don't attempt to start with FCR and continue without from a save-game (or vice versa) as there are incompatibilities that will break your game (immediately or worse "eventually").

Top Bottom