So hypothetically you have a monster problem...

+

• Petition your local aristocracy for help?

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Get together with the other men in your village, and after heavy drinking attempt to "deal" with it.

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • Attempt to hire some "shifty" local mage to deal with it.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Make a deal with a troll, or other powerfull local being for aid?

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Traffic with dark forces for aid? Think ladies of the wood.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Other. please explain in your comment.

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters

...but you don't have a witcher on hand. What do you do? Keep in mind your a villager not a knight, not a witcher, not a mage, or some other bad ass magic using whatever. Just a simple villager who maybe was in a militia once, and you have a few other residents of your town willing to help you. What do you do?

Well I guess if I was an ignorant peasant I'd probably try to appease the beast somehow. Sacrificing a virgin or two would do the trick i think. Either that or I'd take advantage of the situation by selling them 'magical trinkets' that will protect them from evil for ten orens a piece, before sneaking out of town during the night.:evil:

Great idea for a thread btw. :cheers:

Study the monster, its habitats, traits and targets, see what it wants and whether it can be appeased or even reasoned with.

You watch it jump forty feet through the air, and rip a horse in half will little effort. Than afterwards you get drunk, and decide moving away isn't a bad idea.

Last edited:
Drinking and eating with him sounds reasonable... especially if the monster has some kind of wit.

Source

Leave the village behind me, don't care about idiot neigborhs who always suck Rat-Lord shoes. And look for another village plenty of mice and be their one Monster.

No room for another one.

Last edited:
Leave the village behind me, don't care about idiot neigborhs who always suck Rat-Lord shoes. And look for another village plenty of mice and be their one Monster.

No room for another one.

Discretion is the better part of valor.

Strange, it seems like nobody thinks hiring a shifty local mage is a good idea. I wonder what ever gave that impression.

It's easy to guess that those who've chosed option #2 hang around the Hairy Bear.... but I seriouly doubt they would drink after kill the monster. Rather before...

Last edited:
It's easy to guess that those who've chosed option #2 hang around the Hairy Bear.... but I seriouly doubt they would drink after kill the monster. Rather before...

No you misread it; they are going to deal with the monster "after" getting drunk. I was making a reference to what I think is the coolest mission in witcher 2 where you get drunk with bunch of dwarves, and before you know it instead of getting rid of the monsters for them; you are joining them on their quest to get rid of the monsters.

Last edited:
Well, it would depend which type of monster we are talking about... You see, if it's a... um, nvm, I would pick the second option either way!:comeatmebro:

Top Bottom