Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!
I was initially going to buy a new rig but I have changed my mind and now I am planning on buying a HP Probook. What do you guys think can this notebook run TW3 on the lowest settings?

CPU: i5-4200M (2.50 GHz w/Turbo, 3 MB L3 Cache)
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600
RAM: 4 GB DDR3 1600Mhz
+ 180GB SSD

Thank you in advance!
I wouldnt count on it ( I mean you could probably start the game , but it will be a very laggy experience ). Maybe if you keep the resolution low , you might run it barely...

Last edited:
Hello,

Think I can run TW3 on medium at around 45-50 fps at 1080p with my specs?

CPU: Intel i5-4760k (3.4 Ghz)
GPU: Nvidia GTX 760 (2GB)
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz

Thank you.

Last edited:
@Igo923
Any question asking for information about performance of the game on specific hardware at a specific setting, frame rate, or resolution has to be answered "We just don't know." The moderators and members at large have no information that would enable them to make such predictions. Anybody who isn't an insider but claims to know, is speculating or just making something up.

At this point there's no other way to estimate performance than comparing the performance of someones rig to similar games like The Witcher 3 and that gives just a rough picture of how it COULD run. It can't be (I hope) as demanding as Crysis 3 or Metro Last Light so if you can run those decently you should be able to run Witcher 3 quite nicely with not-so-high settings. Or you could play Witcher 2 and get (supposedly) closer results of how it would perform.

I have got the impression that low-end cards will be able to run the game decently. Of course Ultra settings will be demanding but I meant lower settings. Tho I'm not sure how those games run on low-end cards. Especially Metro is one of the most demanding games ever made (so I have heard). I'm just rambling now because I don't have solid facts to tell about those games. I'm just hoping that as many as possible will be able to play the game and thus I hope that the game won't be super demanding on LOWER settings

I have got the impression that low-end cards will be able to run the game decently. Of course Ultra settings will be demanding but I meant lower settings. Tho I'm not sure how those games run on low-end cards. Especially Metro is one of the most demanding games ever made (so I have heard). I'm just rambling now because I don't have solid facts to tell about those games. I'm just hoping that as many as possible will be able to play the game and thus I hope that the game won't be super demanding on LOWER settings

as Guy N'wah said : " we don't know"
we are only speculate by comparing to other games. we know that when the dev play the game at e3 2013 journalist ask what config have you to play and dev respond 2 gtx 680 and the pc was super hot .
after that on avril 2014 journalist say"the game would falter a GTX 780 Ti, on such a high-end card only reach 40 fps, It is even rumored that the ion XBOX One difficulty to reach 30 fps in 720p and PS4 release 30 fps in 900p."
Dev say after : Our development team is working to ensure that Witcher 3 will be optimized for three platforms - PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. We can not confirm the rumors about the framerate, resolution and / or performance on PS4 or any other platform.
we could say what journalist said was true before optimization .
we know that witcher 3 will be a beautifull game and magic rpg and for that will be demanding resource from our rig.
On ps4 and xbox a dev say in e3 ""To be honest, we were expecting a lot worse. When we first started playing on PS4 and XB1, we expected the game not to work at all, because it was so heavy, so we were expeciting it to crash, but it’s actually running. It’s not quite there yet, but it’s running. So I think that with a little more optimization, I think we’ll get it running really well."
and for PC precisely, is in another interview with IGN this time that Iwinski talks about the requirements to play on PC. Without going into details, when asked the question, he replied, smiling, "you can already think of saving to upgrade your machine."

You will therefore understand, there's a good chance that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt requires a large configuration to play it on high - ultra setting

Last edited:
I know CD project red haven't announced the specs yet but Im bulding my first gaming pc for the Witcher 3. Can you please quess if a gtx 970, i7 4970k, 16gb ram will be able to run the Witcher 3 on ultra ( excluding crazy features like umbersampling) in 1080p with very good antialiasing at 30 to 40 fps. Should i overclock them or do you think i need a gtx 980 or gtx 970 sli? I have a ps4 and if im gonna get a gaming pc i want to be able to run the Witcher 3 on ultra.

Sometimes i kinda miss the point of this thread, even when the sys specs will be released, nothing is nailed down. Specs are just an approximation on how u should expect your game will run on your pc. If you have the exact specs or exceed them, doesnt mean that the game will run like on ice.

Many other factors involve, like max, avg, low fps. Fps in certain areas, config of graphics, tweaks, OC on rig, same rigs, different results, different OS, how the individual is satisfied with his fps (some like above 60 fps all times, some like only ultra graphics, some are used to lower fps, some want solid fps), so, many many factors.

Sys req, when they will be released will be just a small start point, on what to expect, expect is big talk, specs dont reflect entirely on the game.

Some specs based on fps on 1080p and other resolutions could be nice, but no company has done such thing.

And for the specs, i still believe on the recommended side will be written a gtx680, as recommended (this doesnt mean that it will run smooth on a 680). But i think either a gtx 680/770(same card) or a gtx 760 will be written on the recommended area of system specs, when they will be released, my predict for people who want the name of the card written on recommended area of specs.
I dont expect to be a gtx 780, because if that, the game will run much slower than anyone has thought.

Last edited:
Thats the kind of things that made me stick with consoles so far. But im thinking of switching to pc for multiplatform games because i expected the new consoles to be more powerful. Im still gonna use them though for exclusives like the Order 1886, Bloodborne,Uncharted 4, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Quantum Break etc. Man 2015 is looking very exciting.

I know CD project red haven't announced the specs yet but Im bulding my first gaming pc for the Witcher 3. Can you please quess if a gtx 970, i7 4970k, 16gb ram will be able to run the Witcher 3 on ultra ( excluding crazy features like umbersampling) in 1080p with very good antialiasing at 30 to 40 fps. Should i overclock them or do you think i need a gtx 980 or gtx 970 sli? I have a ps4 and if im gonna get a gaming pc i want to be able to run the Witcher 3 on ultra.

That rig should run any (optimised) game nicely. I'm guessing that Witcher 3 will also run nicely. SLi 970 would of course be more powerful but we don't know how SLI will work on the Witcher 3 so one 980 would be better and more reliable in that case. Though I've heard is that one 970 can achieve performance close to 980 when overclocked.

If you are buying that CPU you MUST overclock it, otherwise there's no point in buying that.

16 GB of RAM is a bit pointless if all you do is play games. And it's easy to add more if you find 8GB is not enough.

I know there are people in this forum (Guy N'Wah for example) who know more about this stuff so wait for their replies before buying anything

Last edited:
Thats the kind of things that made me stick with consoles so far. But im thinking of switching to pc for multiplatform games because i expected the new consoles to be more powerful. Im still gonna use them though for exclusives like the Order 1886, Bloodborne,Uncharted 4, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Quantum Break etc. Man 2015 is looking very exciting.

Yeah many people did the same. For PC gaming if u want performance u need to put money into the rig. Nevertheless, u can build a budget PC, with a little more money of what u spend on a console, and still get above 30fps, guaranteed, and thats the point.

Consoles have their use, for people who want to sit on the couch and just plug and play. So its for different type of public, i for example want to search, to tweak, to mod the bios of the GPU to get more performance etc.

If the consoles had a 60fps standard i will have bought a PS4 long ago (but still kept my PC).Thats one thing i dont move to consoles. The diff between consoles and PC in terms of games are those exclusives games, which are individually by people to people, i mean the exclusives aren't that many and for me individually, i dont find those exclusives very good, in terms that i could grab a console to play them, so sticking on PC gaming and upgrading PC every 1-2 years :)

Last edited:
like i say before on my post you see what journalist know before optimization .but for my part i will wait for the recommended setting to be published before buying anything . you will know how the game run soon because there is hand on by journalist on the next weeks and the spec will be published soon because only 4 month until the released

Probably when the specs arrive, new gpu's will be released, at least AMD's new gpu's. And probably nvifia's big maxwell GM200/210, so who is upgrading by witcher 3 specs, will probably skip 970 or even 980. If the game releases in the summer, the specs could be around the corner, so i mean no sooner than may ? april ? specs will be here ?!

By that, nvidia probably has a schedule for the big maxwell chip, so people will hold their money to buy that GPU, but it will a little more expensive than a gtx 780 Ti at launch day (nvidia price tag), but it can be 40% faster than a 980 today.

https://twitter.com/witchergame/status/552840774573101056

---------- Updated at 05:02 PM ----------

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-Requirements-are-here!?p=1503544#post1503544

Consider this thread obsolete. Woo!

Last edited:
This thread is closed; followups to forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/32979-The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt-PC-System-Requirements-are-here! Posts will be transferred as soon as practical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom