Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
I'd rather the entirety of thedas be swallowed up in a broodmother's asshole than to let that attention hungry airhead marysueliana nightmare with self proclaimed visions ever become the Divine.

Vivienne suits me just fine. She is fabulous, lol.

I am thinking of switching to novice mode just to get through the combat.
That's pretty much my strategy.

Heh, no matter what I do or don't do, Leliana always seems to become divine in my games. My Dalish elf can't really support any of them. The humans have to figure at least one damn thing out for themselves.

Cullen's cool don't get me wrong. He just suffers from what Josephine does for me, which is him being an adviser and not in the party. If he was, maybe I'd feel more connected as a friend. But I barely see him as it is now.

Yeah I feel the same way about Josie, and to an extent Leliana. If I wasn't romancing Cullen I wouldn't make the excuses to go and see him every time I go back to Skyhold, so I understand exactly why you feel the way you do.

I know it won't happen but it would be nice to have Leliana and Cullen as party members as a post main quest kind of thing. Especially since if Cassandra leaves to be Divine and you've got rid of Blackwall, you only have one Warrior left...... perfect time for Cullen to make himself useful. ///not that it will happen anyway sigh

I am thinking of switching to novice mode just to get through the combat.

I started off playing on casual and now I'm finding hard mode easy so I think the combat may be more of a learning curve than anything else. I haven't felt the need to change any keys besides the jump, sprint and pause.

So I finished the game. The story was irksome. The design choices on the armor made me roll my eyes. The characters felt bland to me aside from two. You guys know exactly who I am talking about.

Things I have not fully pieced together simply because I doubt it would help that much.

-Codexes
-Talking through everyone's dialogue.

Main thing that upsetted me the absolute most through the entire game was:

The extreme lack of femininity for your Inquisitor if you played as a female. I mean, hurrah, gender neutral; now every misandrist can stop sucking their own tit-milk to write something positive! But jesus. I wanted a fucking dress at the ball. I wanted my Inquisitor to be god damned gorgeous when I had her stab that lousy gash who wanted to kill my Empress. Just... FUCK. It was the one time I got excited and they ripped it away.

So I finished the game. The story was irksome. The design choices on the armor made me roll my eyes. The characters felt bland to me aside from two. You guys know exactly who I am talking about.

Honestly? Not at all, no.

---------- Updated at 10:38 AM ----------

"The story was irksome."

Wut?

Just get a ton of silverite and stuff everyone in a nice heavy armor.

Really mages should always wear templar armor looks so flashy.
I imagine the enemies saying: look four templars... WHAT that one threw a fireball...

Meh. That wouldn't help. The bulky armor looking completely and historically wrong was the most annoying part. The robes seemed to continuous copy-paste design of earlier armor. Also the actual armor rating never seemed to matter. They either scaled the damage on Nightmare wrong or I don't know. The armor was just pointless to me. Looked hideous, served no purpose.

The story being ridiculous and without spoilers: Followed the monomyth. The thing we have seen a thousand times. Unoriginal.
I expected more from the memories. I expected a lot more. That flashback was bleh. You learn nothing about your own character aside from bits of your last name. Just AGH.

Despite my negativity, I also have around 90 hours on this game. <-< So I definitely enjoyed it before I started hating it. My issue really came with noticing severe problems with the gameplay. That included the set up mode of combat and the taking 10-15 seconds for the game to realize you're out of combat and not have you continue walking like a crotch monkey. The 'slide' mechanic is awful.

I understand that Bioware was trying to please the Origin fans and the II fans. But was that horrific amalgamation really necessary? I thought the combat was pretty fun when there was actual combat to be had. I had issues on certain things: Major lack of gap closers between the two other classes.
Despair Demons, can you not, kay? Most annoying enemies in the entire game. LET US JUST FLY AND TWIRL AWAY.

But alas, I finished it. 7/10 would be my rating and I'd recommend it. It just wasn't great.

Er... no, who? Cassandra and Solas?

I don't get the cry for a ball gown. I mean, they did originally plan to give options for outfits but jeebus. That there would be outcry over a dress.... I obviously have much different priorities. I was glad we got lots of armor choices as mages instead of a ) Chantry sister or b ) stripper outfit, which were your only two choices in Origins.

Er... no, who? Cassandra and Solas?

I don't get the cry for a ball gown. I mean, they did originally plan to give options for outfits but jeebus. That there would be outcry over a dress.... I obviously have much different priorities. I was glad we got lots of armor choices as mages instead of a ) Chantry sister or b ) stripper outfit, which were your only two choices in Origins.

¬.¬ A stripper outfit would be better than the armor they have in the game. It'd be different than the same multi-reskinned robes that every mage wore, or every terrible fitted piece of plate armor for the warriors. Or the medium armor that isn't even medium armor even though you make it with leather.

As for the dress? The outfits chosen are ugly. Simple as that. I found they were boring and did not represent shit. Plus, that isn't how politics works/ed when it came to that. You don't show up in the same Ronald McDonald outfit. You actually give flare.

¬.¬ A stripper outfit would be better than the armor they have in the game.

LOL?

Don't even know what to say to that. I'll just smile and nod, then drop the pretentious latin phrase "De gustibus non est disputandum", and go about my business. I like the trench coat stuff a lot myself. The canadian coats could have been better, lol, yea but it's just for one mission, and it highlights that you are a military presence there for business, not stupid snooty orlesian drivel.

LOL?

Don't even know what to say to that. I'll just smile and nod, then drop the pretentious latin phrase "De gustibus non est disputandum", and go about my business. I like the trench coat stuff a lot myself. The canadian coats could have been better, lol, yea but it's just for one mission, and it highlights that you are a military presence there for business, not stupid snooty orlesian drivel.

o.o And you are all fine to like it. I just... I have issues with that sort of stuff. My mother is a Historian and she has bullied this stuff into my head since I was growing up. And I get it. Game World; They're story; don't like: Get out. I just... blah. Lol. Nevermind.

Oh for the two people? HOW did I miss you guys quoting that!? I guess I was too fervored up in my panties about a dress.

Solas being the Wolf God
Morrigan felt more like an actual important character than any of the party members. AND SHE WASN'T EVEN A PARTY MEMBER! She actually mattered. ><

Feel free to disagree.

Main thing that upsetted me the absolute most through the entire game was:

The extreme lack of femininity for your Inquisitor if you played as a female. I mean, hurrah, gender neutral; now every misandrist can stop sucking their own tit-milk to write something positive! But jesus. I wanted a fucking dress at the ball. I wanted my Inquisitor to be god damned gorgeous when I had her stab that lousy gash who wanted to kill my Empress. Just... FUCK. It was the one time I got excited and they ripped it away.

Lol what? It's got nothing to do with feminism. Your Inquisitor wasn't there on a social call, she was there as the Inquisitor, hence she was dressed in Inquisition uniform. I've seen so many complaints about this and I don't understand why you didn't realise how inappropriate it would have been for your Inquisitor to have been there in a dress. She can hardly run around saving lives and killing assassins if she has to hold her dress out of the way so she can run... not to mention how annoying it would be to run in heels.

Bioware made the right call here, it would have been impractical to have the Inquisitor in a dress. But I'm sure someone will mod one in anyway, because fuck realism, amirite?

---------- Updated at 03:30 PM ----------

Yeah I'd also like to add I loved the armour options. They look gorgeous while also removing the very stupid boobplates that plague most fantasy games (I'm glaring at you, Skyrim).
The only thing I found mildly bemusing about the armours was how I craft a beautiful armour for Dorian or Solas, but when I put it on Vivienne it transforms into this hideous beige monstrosity. I felt so bad for Vivienne having to wear it I didn't take her out with me until I could make something cuter.

Sure the nutcracker uniform isn't really to my taste either. But a dress? ugh memories of the horrible fem sheps leather dress spring to mind. No just no.

It's a full dress uniform appropriate for a Inquisition delegation on official business. The only thing silly about it is Solas' hat and the uniform looks so much better if you mod a color re-texture over it.

Looks a lot more fitting for an official dress uniform.

Now way more important is I found a better skyhold pajama in black...

Yeah I'd also like to add I loved the armour options. They look gorgeous while also removing the very stupid boobplates that plague most fantasy games
I laughed so hard when Bull complimented Cassandra on her choice of non-boobplate armor, not just that he made boobplate sound disgusting.

I like the red colour! It makes Cullen look pretty so everything else is irrelevant to me

Omg that leather dress for Shepard was awful!!!

My main wish would be that they would not have my female Inquisitor walk like a gorilla whenever she's in cutscenes. One second she's running in an over-exaggerated girly way, next minute she looks like an ape wearing a human costume. Not sure why Bioware thought this was a good idea.

I saw that mod before. My girl Cassy is rockin that thing so fiercely, lol. Man, she's friggin gorgeous.

WALL OF CASS

LOL the me before November 18th would make fun of me so hard, lol.

Lol what? It's got nothing to do with feminism. Your Inquisitor wasn't there on a social call, she was there as the Inquisitor, hence she was dressed in Inquisition uniform. I've seen so many complaints about this and I don't understand why you didn't realise how inappropriate it would have been for your Inquisitor to have been there in a dress. She can hardly run around saving lives and killing assassins if she has to hold her dress out of the way so she can run... not to mention how annoying it would be to run in heels.

Bioware made the right call here, it would have been impractical to have the Inquisitor in a dress. But I'm sure someone will mod one in anyway, because fuck realism, amirite?

-Stares- Nothing to do with feminism. I just wanted a dress. I don't care about that other nonsense. I just wanted my character to be pretty. She was not. She looked as someone above pointed out, like a god damned mounty.

Last edited:
You got the wrong job then.

---------- Updated at 12:19 PM ----------

And really, several of your companions are as annoyed as you are, so. Roleplay your character being frustrated by the whole thing and being that much more motivated to get this over with and move on.

I didn't like the ball outfit, either, but mainly because it looks ahistorical and weird to have a medievalish military organization looking like Canadian mounties. I think the whole thing was to make Cullenites swoon, and we ended up getting the same model due to lack of time.

A dress could have been equal parts horrid, though, especially for an elf with those spindly arms. *shudder* The beige pajamas at Skyhold definitely have to go. I think those are universally hated.

I do like most of the armors, though. Bioware has come a long way. Mages are no longer the apostitutes of Thedas.

Top Bottom