Interviews and Articles Part 2

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an old screenshot, one that's been discussed to death already. As for the actual article, there was a glimmer of hope it'd be some hands-on information when I read Preview, alas, it's just a summary of what we already know.

Looking forward to the actual previews this month.

game websites seem to love to put old screens no matter the date, I still see even the pre alpha ones from TW2 in articles, and of course TW3 screens of the first batch ever released abound.

game websites seem to love to put old screens no matter the date, I still see even the pre alpha ones from TW2 in articles, and of course TW3 screens of the first batch ever released abound.
Yeah, the alpha TW2 are used a ton. Also L4D articles often still use the original batch of screenshots from when it was just a Turtle Rock game.

It's an old screenshot, one that's been discussed to death already. As for the actual article, there was a glimmer of hope it'd be some hands-on information when I read Preview, alas, it's just a summary of what we already know.

Oh, i couldn't remember that screenshot, otherwise i wouldn't have posted it.

What previews? Will we be getting hands on previews?

I hate to reiterate, but I need some clarification on this "hands-on preview". Are you telling me I personally will get to play a demo of the Witcher 3 perhaps even within a week? Or is it a press release only?

It's not that bad, I actually can't wait for the hands-on impressions. Even if we don't get to play the game right now, I'd rather hear non-biased (well, not all of them of course) opinions - based on actually playing the game itself - than promises and PR-talk.

Specs are out (based on their twitter page)

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-witcher-3-system-requirements-announced/

Minimum System Requirements

Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz
AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660
AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
RAM 6GB
OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)
DirectX 11
HDD Space 40 GB

Recommended System Requirements

Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3,4 GHz
AMD CPU AMD FX-8350 4 GHz
Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 770
AMD GPU Radeon R9 290
RAM 8GB
OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)
DirectX 11
HDD Space 40 GB

Personal recommendation for anyone planning to upgrade. Wait a month until the GTX 960 is released and properly benchmarked and you'll probably have a good cheap option there.

Sterling gave Arkham Origins a 3.5/10 mainly because Origins was not as good as Arkham City, and not because it deserved such low score.
I don't think I need to elaborate :)

Wow, alright. Point taken. But I will say this: Numerical scores are a cancer on the industry. The most common criticism of any review I see is the score. People argue over an arbitrary number that doesn't mean anything rather than what the guy has written. Going back to his W2 review, everyone complained about the score but we have no idea what a 6 means to Jim. A 6 to him might still be worth a purchase at full price but to someone else it could mean the game shouldn't ever be played. Not to mention that often reviewers don't even come up with the score themselves.

The real problem with Jim's batman review was that he focused in on the negatives without expressing what was good about the game (although he was probably assuming you'd have played the previous games) whereas 3.5 is just a number. I think if that review didn't have a score it would be far less controversial and be more in line with what everyone else said about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom