Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you not workforce? Maybe searching for a job will do something to end your depression. Maybe it's kind of ignorant pov from my part, but just saying my 2 cents.

I don't want to be rude but... You speak english as native language, that's a +1 in Europe for you, and beyond.
You are not so much out of the world, and speaking one of the most "important", or maybe the most important language in the world is a good point for you.

Hell, I think I might be out of the world too, if not more. :p

Over here you are only classed as a member of the workforce if you are in employment. As for job searches, I was on the queue at my local jobcentre for 2 years and they couldn't find anything for me, so they kept sending me out on useless courses which only served to teach me things I already knew. There's just no jobs unless you have at least 3-4 years worth of experience in that particular field. As for Europe, well, people over here are very anti-Europe, and I'm not exaggerating, everyone hates Brussels and their laws. You constantly hear stories of people not being able to work in Europe as they couldn't learn the languages there. Hell, my French is so rusty that I can't even speak a word of it anymore.

From my pov I know I can't understand depression of course, just making a thought, sorry if I seemed rude.

Over here you are only classed as a member of the workforce if you are in employment. As for job searches, I was on the queue at my local jobcentre for 2 years and they couldn't find anything for me, so they kept sending me out on useless courses which only served to teach me things I already knew. There's just no jobs unless you have at least 3-4 years worth of experience in that particular field. As for Europe, well, people over here are very anti-Europe, and I'm not exaggerating, everyone hates Brussels and their laws. You constantly hear stories of people not being able to work in Europe as they couldn't learn the languages there. Hell, my French is so rusty that I can't even speak a word of it anymore.
They couldn't learn it because they didn't want or for other reasons? Some people hate Europe for euro (including my country, except economists of course).
Well, that's more complicate then. You know some French, or at least you have studied it once. Wouldn't be a nice for you to wipe away the dust and maybe continue studying it? What do you think? :)
There's just no jobs unless you have at least 3-4 years worth of experience in that particular field
This damned thing is evil incarnate. What a mess.

I can't. The government has imposed strict immigration laws as people have been leaving the country for Canada and that's been draining our workforce so badly, that you have to go through a metric shit-ton of red tape to leave. It just costs too much. Besides, where could I go? I still live with my parents and I'm suffering from depression. Who would want to employ me?

Also, have you seen a map of the world? Northern Ireland is considerably distant from everywhere else.

My ancestors managed to make themselves so unpopular they were given one-way tickets to the Colonies. But that was a few hundred years ago; I don't think it works anymore.

Yeah, I'd like to offer encouragement, but Northern Ireland is bleak. The recent reduction in unemployment rate seems to have come from making people so fed up they quit the dole or emigrate. For young people and long-term unemployed, it's a disaster area.

Northern Ireland greatest challenge is the loss of the best of our next generation
[David McCann, 31 Aug 2013]

Last edited:
My ancestors managed to make themselves so unpopular they were given one-way tickets to the Colonies. But that was a few hundred years ago; I don't think it works anymore.

Yeah, I'd like to offer encouragement, but Northern Ireland is bleak. The recent reduction in unemployment rate seems to have come from making people so fed up they quit the dole or emigrate. For young people and long-term unemployed, it's a disaster area.

Northern Ireland greatest challenge is the loss of the best of our next generation
[David McCann, 31 Aug 2013]

Aye, you don't need to tell me that, I've seen it all firsthand. The chances of getting even a bit of recognition is almost non-existent as someone will always come up behind you and give you a kicking. Stormont is absolutely useless and won't even lift a finger to help the people they are supposed to be representing but I think I'm going a bit too into my personal political beliefs, which I believe is not allowed here, so I'll stop now.

I'll keep the politics out of economy talk but chime in. I don't know firsthand about N. Ireland or the rest of the states here but when I entered the workforce things were shitty and bleak. And really their only going to get worse. I applied to about fifty plus different businesses- Restaurants, fast food places, many retail, etc..

Out of all of them I got one, one single call in for an interview. And I almost didn't get it because they entered the last number of my social security wrong on their side of things. I got decent hours but very shit pay. And I'm still there, but this isn't about me.

Basically my advice to you is this: If and when you get your foot in the door at a place completely bust your ass. Do your job well, ask for more hours if they are available, offer to pick up hours/shift if someone calls in, do other peoples job if they do not do it in the first place. Also show interest in the company you might be with, get noticed by your boss.

The world we live in is coming to be dominated by the almighty and expensive ass paper that said you went to college.

The alternatives are busting your ass and getting noticed, knowing someone, or a mix of both.

You know those assignments where you feel bad knowing that someone will actually have to read them? And I mean, "bad" in the dark sense of the word. Bullshitting to a morally questionable degree.

Well, that's done. Time to return to Korra.

Yeahhhh I have 2 essays due in on the 12th and I've not even started the reading for one of them.......... pray for me I'm such a mess

Hmpf can't sleep, to angry at shit.

Somewhere between my boyfriends parents annoying me with the whole "you guys should get married" junk and the constant "I want grand-children" horror I just want to punch someone.

Seriously I told them about a hundred times I'd rather scratch out my reproductive tract with a rusty spoon than ever have kids and they still can't shut up about it. And marriage? it's gone be a cold day in hell before I ever do that, don't care that not being married costs me hundreds if not thousands a year in taxes, Divorce is a lot more expensive than those taxes.

Every freaking time I hear from them a comment comes about it, it's getting on my nerves.

I used to not want kids, considering the shitty world we live in. But then I remember there are certain types of people having 3, 4 or more children and it seems to me we should do something about it. I mean, someone will have to repopulate the Earth once these kids grow up and kill each other over arguments like who texts faster and who can squeal louder in online games.

Is THAT how you persuade the Mrs to come to bed? "Honey, if not for me, do it for mankind! If we do not try and produce some intelligent offspring, we're all doomed to be destroyed by swaggity and yoloness! The welfare of us all needs me to be inside you!" :victory:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom