Cyberpunk 2077 Teaser Trailer

+
I'm a bit gutted to wait longer. As they did mention that "Witcher 3 delay would not effect Cyberpunk 2077". I'd love a playable demo, as most game companies stop doing them these days. But it would be a great way to get a feel for the world.

I suppose it's possible we get something more around E3 and Gamescom, if we're very lucky. But I suspect we'll have to wait til the next Game Awards at the end of the year, or some time 2016 for substantial new information on Cyberpunk.

That'd be my guess.

Well - again - the last thing they said on the subject is that they won't talk about it until after W3 DLC is all out. I think the link is on the FAQ some fabulously handsomely and insanely intelligent fellow drew up.

Well - again - the last thing they said on the subject is that they won't talk about it until after W3 DLC is all out. I think the link is on the FAQ some fabulously handsomely and insanely intelligent fellow drew up.

Well, since that statement was made before the delay, it may no longer be true. Suppose they had something planned for E3, I don't think they'd just scrap that because some DLC is still coming out at that point, due to the delay. We'll have to wait and see though.

We'll have to wait and see though.

right we will wait no matter how long.....

Well, since that statement was made before the delay, it may no longer be true. Suppose they had something planned for E3, I don't think they'd just scrap that because some DLC is still coming out at that point, due to the delay. We'll have to wait and see though.

I'm agreeing with you on this. I think that E3 would be a good time to give a buzz on BOTH games. There'll be little new to show on TW3 as they'll presumably already be in final promoting by then. And I don't see why the DLC should be an issue.

I'm agreeing with you on this. I think that E3 would be a good time to give a buzz on BOTH games. There'll be little new to show on TW3 as they'll presumably already be in final promoting by then. And I don't see why the DLC should be an issue.

It's a funny call. They made it clear the focus was to be on W3 until all the DLC was out. Focus on Witcher 3 release, then get the DLC out, promote all that, THEN move onto Cyberpunk 2077 promotion.

I get that. Seems smart. Don't diffuse your current product with your next one. Argument for combining promtoions or using one to entice people into the other, but hey, not my department.

Now, though, W3 is delayed for further smoothing. Do they have a PR agenda for 2077 in terms of promotion? Is it on a schedule or is it events-related? If the former, yeah, E3 would make sense. If the latter, they would be looking at the original plan of all eyes on Witcher 3.

And remember, CDPR is still working on CP2077 - this is an issue of promotion, not development. If they wait, they might have a lot more to show. Likewise, if they are holding up people working on Witcher 3 bug clearing, that could well delay the full court press originally planned for Cyberpunk 2077 starting sometime around now.

I would bet....I think they will show something at E3 IF they are still hoping/planning to release in 2016. If they aren't, then either they will show little or nothing until they have something amazing, maybe at GDC.

Can you imagine if they dropped an awesome playable demo of 2077 on the press later this year? HUge surge of attention - but only useful if they can steadily up the hype for a year or so.

It's a funny call. They made it clear the focus was to be on W3 until all the DLC was out. Focus on Witcher 3 release, then get the DLC out, promote all that, THEN move onto Cyberpunk 2077 promotion.

I get that. Seems smart. Don't diffuse your current product with your next one. Argument for combining promtoions or using one to entice people into the other, but hey, not my department.

Now, though, W3 is delayed for further smoothing. Do they have a PR agenda for 2077 in terms of promotion? Is it on a schedule or is it events-related? If the former, yeah, E3 would make sense. If the latter, they would be looking at the original plan of all eyes on Witcher 3.

And remember, CDPR is still working on CP2077 - this is an issue of promotion, not development. If they wait, they might have a lot more to show. Likewise, if they are holding up people working on Witcher 3 bug clearing, that could well delay the full court press originally planned for Cyberpunk 2077 starting sometime around now.

I would bet....I think they will show something at E3 IF they are still hoping/planning to release in 2016. If they aren't, then either they will show little or nothing until they have something amazing, maybe at GDC.

Can you imagine if they dropped an awesome playable demo of 2077 on the press later this year? HUge surge of attention - but only useful if they can steadily up the hype for a year or so.

I'm definitely NOT expecting to see gameplay this year. Another trailer, screenshots, concept art yes.
I think that going into E3 with TW3 again would be a bit meh, they'd be better with something new.

Keep in mind the "work" on CP2077 is primarily design and concept testing at this point, and will remain that way until W3 comes out.
Once W3 is out part of the folks working on it will be shifted to CP2077 and the rest will be working on W3 DLC.
So they won't really have anything at all to show on CP2077 until about 6 months AFTER W3 is released.

Actually this has a significant bright side.
They've already hinted that CP2077 has a totally separate design team from Witcher. This will give them more time to brainstorm.

Last edited:
Patience is virtue, I'm also getting impatient but i realise how much content there will be in this game and frankly, ill wait another 2 years. F*ck it. Id rather amazing than half baked! Am I right? (DYING OF IMPATIENCE THOU)

Yeah, how many people are working on the game is a good question. I have the figure 80 in my head for some reason, but I don't remember where. We also don't know where they are in terms of design, although it's been 2 years since they started. Ish. I'd bet Sue's approximation is correct: design and concept testing. That would give them another, what, 2 more years of actual game building and bug testing, plus a 3-6 month delay from planned release? So, early fall, 2017?

Seem reasonable?

If they were shooting for much earlier, they would only have 2 years, or less than 2 years if they try for 2016, to do the meat of the work. That doesn't seem likely. E3 is...June.

So Witcher release in early May...you think they'll show 2077 at E3? With Witcher 3 only a month out?

I'd bet it'll go faster then W3 did because it'll use the same engine, and they learned it's capabilities/limitations and made the tools they need when doing W3.
How much faster?
Your guess is as good as mine.

If you want to be technical I'm a "Senior Programmer/Analyst".
My job is to evaluate how (and if) the computer can augment/improve/simplify whatever task(s) are being performed and determine the "best" way to implement it.

This involves determining what needs to be done and how to do it more efficiently with computer support (task analysts).
Designing the overall structure of how data will be stored and accessed (the database).
Designing the interface so that users can access/input the data they need (the UI).
And FINALLY actually writing the code needed to do all of the above.

A large part of the job involves translating "Computerese" into "English" and vice versa when speaking to users or programmers.

It's usually fairly easy to explain why something can't be done they way someone wants for technical reasons.
Harder to explain the cost-benefit reasons why it shouldn't be done the way they want.
And really fun to diplomatically explain that they what want or how they want it is stupid.

Last edited:
It's usually fairly easy to explain why something can't be done they way someone wants for technical reasons.
Harder to explain the cost-benefit reasons why it shouldn't be done the way they want.
And really fun to diplomatically explain that they what want or how they want it is stupid.

So your entire job, then, is ruining other people's hopes and plans.

This totally figures.

Top Bottom