Divinity: Original Sin

+
Man, I love Larian and Swen Vincke. These guys just do it right.

http://www.lar.net/2014/12/18/leaked-the-larian-plans-for-20152016-and-beyond/

Not only one RPG that is based on the foundations and systems of DOS is in the making at Larian but TWO? And they continue to improve their toolsets and processes and systems to not only make their new games even better but also DOS?

My head almost bursts of hype and the thrill of anticipation... :p

:thumbsup:

1. I knew there was a reason for me to visit Gamespot, out of all the big gaming sites.

2. Great news and it's awesome seeing the guys at Larian grow, they really earned and deserved the success that D:OS turned out to be. I really look forward to seeing what they can come up with next.

Looking good. I'm really impressed that they're moving to Quebec. I guess maybe it's easier to pick up American developers there or something, idk. Or maybe they just want to start a Canadian-RPG-Flame-War with BioWare :p

Best "RPG" since Baldur's Gate, The Witcher 3 will have to do all what they say for overcome this game, in the way of a RPG. But i still sure that my RPG Goty of this year was Divinity, next year will be Witcher 3 for sure

Best "RPG" since Baldur's Gate, The Witcher 3 will have to do all what they say for overcome this game, in the way of a RPG. But i still sure that my RPG Goty of this year was Divinity, next year will be Witcher 3 for sure

Hard competition with Pillars of Eternity next year... I'm actually looking forward even more to PoE than to W3. And to everything Larian is up to as well, of course... ;)

Anyone mind giving me a few pointers? About to start my first playthrough. Don't really have much experience with turn based battle systems except for the few JRPGs I've played in the past.

Anyone mind giving me a few pointers? About to start my first playthrough. Don't really have much experience with turn based battle systems except for the few JRPGs I've played in the past.
I'm just starting the game for the third time, so I will tell you a few things that I learned early on. Most of it is thinks not to do.

• Early in the story you will reach a point when they tell you to go through Cysael's "West Gate." Cysael has two "West Gates." Don't go through the gate onto the beach. You're supposed to go through the gate above that one. Trust me... I went through the gate onto the beach and I stopped playing because I couldn't figure out how to progress. It sounds obvious, but apparently a lot of people made this mistake.
  • You can do well with just about any party combination if you know how to use them. Mages are probably the post powerful in combat though. I also recommend using the preset classes for your first playthrough. I really messed around with my characters the first few times I tried starting and in the end I think it was just a waste of time.
  • You can steal just about anything. All you have to do is have three of your four party members talk to NPCs to turn their line of sight away and the fourth party member can loot the room. Pictures and golden plates are worth a ton of money. You can also steal empty bottles and refill them with wine from a keg. This is a highly abusive play-style so don't do it if that's a problem for you. Larian said it's a legitimate playstyle though so they left it in the game.
  • Crafting is actually really cool. I'm just starting to experiment with it at the moment. Never throw metal weapons away because a lot of them can be broken down into crafting components at a forge. You can also sharpen your metal weapons at a whet-stone wheel to increase their damage.

Last edited:
I loled at my last battle against the
Death Lord. Cheesy bastard with its lava pool and teleportation follow-up. Good thing two can play that game. I was feather dropping fools into that pool left and right; even the Death Lord's vulnerable. That battle would be pretty difficult otherwise, I think.

One thing I don't quite agree with in this game, though, is how music tracks cycle. Music often plays a significant role in establishing the atmosphere or mood of locations and events, and I think I would've preferred more consistency in that regard. Not a huge complaint, though.

Oh nice. Good thing I never got around to play the game after all. Will definitely try it out once the Enhanced Edition update hits steam. :)

Oh nice. Good thing I never got around to play the game after all. Will definitely try it out once the Enhanced Edition update hits steam. :)
I'm in the same boat. I bought it and never got past the first town. Then my time got clogged up with other games :p Looks like now I have something to look forward too after finishing TW3.

Really looking forward to the Enhanced Edition of this, as well. That game is fantastic. I wonder if they've improved the plastic bath robes lol. I played a Wizard, and every "robe" I got was seriously a new level of ugly lol.

Top Bottom