Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
I guess it depends on what you consider "silly" lol. Much more than what I need, yes, but I'm thinking about if they actually started throwing in "content" buyable with power, and that would no doubt dry up your pools quickly. I mean, they'd have to cost something decent, or else they may as well just give them to you instead.

I'm guessing they'll do what they did with the main quest and you'll unlock the DLC by using your power. Which, if any of it is post game or mid game material will hardly be an issue since normally by that point I'm between 30-100 power.... and I am not really a completionist so it's not like I'm doing loads of sidequests for this.

I started replaying Origins this evening and god I love Alistair so much I don't think I will ever love a Bioware character more than him.

edit: i found this funny

Last edited:
I assumed you wanted more than just an unlock to play the dlc once like a main quest.

And lol that's hilarious. I can do one better. "Human punching bags."

I assumed you wanted more than just an unlock to play the dlc once like a main quest.

And lol that's hilarious. I can do one better. "Human punching bags."

I do but if nobody else wants this I'd rather not have it just to avoid the whining that will inevitably ensue on tumblr and the bioware forums. Istg those places are so full of complaints if I worked for Bioware I'd get utterly fed up listening to their stupid complaints.

I'm going to try harder on this playthrough to get to know Sten. In all my other playthroughs I couldn't be bothered but I'll give it a shot this time.

You could just take the shortcut and cheat with those stupid gift dlc things if you're feeling lazy. I wouldn't though personally. Did it once, made the game boring.

Origin is messing up my game and isn't recognising my Awakening DLC or the other DLCs I have so right now I don't even have that option lol.

Jesus fucking Christ, EA, lol. I was going to buy them for my pc, but now I'm wondering if I should just play them again on console.

Well part of the reason why Awakening and the other DLCs aren't working is because I'm using my friend's expansion pack and I think they're already registered on his account, so if I want to use them I have to log in under his Origins account.

Otherwise besides usual EA bugginess you shouldn't have any problems on the PC.

For me it was a mess to get Origins running as intended when installing through Origin. But, as far as I can tell, that was all due to my Origin client and game being in different languages - I'm sure you remember my rant a couple of pages back. Otherwise, no problems beyond the occassional bug, although some of them admittedly were annoying enough to make me wonder how they were okay with leaving them in.

^ EA games always seem to have game breaking/annoying bugs that make you wonder "why has nobody fixed this?" and normally the answer is that they have found a shitty workaround (deleting latest patches/disabling DLC) that means they don't need to pay anyone to fix it

The patch is breaking shields, making them useless.

Walk toggle reportedly will toggle walk on, then you can't toggle it back off.

THIS GAME IS DEAD TO ME!
- Aaden, the Traditional First-Playthrough Sword'n'Board'er

The good news: Exams at university are imminent, so after finishing DA2 (probably tonight) I won't have time for a couple of weeks anyway, granting Bioware the chance to remedy this.

By the way, how are shields rendered useless? I didn't see anything in the patch notes indicating that. Is it a multiplayer only balance fix? Didn't look through the MP fixes because I don't care about that much. Will give it a try, probably, but not expecting anything, tbh. Or are shields just buggy now, not intentionally altered?

The armor rating is reduced to 0 apparently, though now that I read that, it doesn't sound as bad as I thought. The armor ratings were never high in the first place, and I doubt that effects shield wall much.

---------- Updated at 06:22 PM ----------

Still not downloading tho.

wait how does that work? why would they do that

edit: also i've not tried multiplayer, what do you actually do in it?

Kill looots of stuff, basically. Advance through the map with teamwork, complete objectives, levelling, blah blah. And get frustrated at crappy servers.

Kill looots of stuff, basically. Advance through the map with teamwork, complete objectives, levelling, blah blah. And get frustrated at crappy servers.

ahhh of course. I can't do multiplayer because I can't stay connected to the internet longer than 10 minutes at a time, if i'm lucky.

RPG all hype but weak punch....the inquisition

Dragon age inquisition

They talked themselves of the inquisition as it would be like founding the Jedi order

When the concept of the inquisition was talked about, I thought what was going to separate this from the war assets of me3?

Whats going to differentiate all forces joining the inquisition from origins all forces join the wardens through treaties story arc?
Sadly nothing

The key difference was suppose to be precise control over war assets[inquisition forces] which isn't the case here.

Different projects, opening up roadways, rebuilding bases and creating new infrastructure is actually very linear and only slightly impactful on gameplay and has little to do with player agency
I thought that maps would have enemy bases that would make deployment of inquisition forces a tactical and key element of the game
Info governing the inquisition needed to be explicit. I should know inquisition funds, soldier numbers, locations, and gear.
Instead its application is linear and simply implied.....this is next gen not genesis, there's no reason to be vague.

I was so excited about capturing a keep for the first time and then realized it didn't really mean much, its not as if its near essential to a campaign or allows a foothold in territory

Recruiting agents is nothing more than a time buffer for advisors, some have a little join cutscene and then are promptly reduced to irrelevance.
This could of been a very interesting subplot of the game if these decisions actually had weight, like what if those agents could betray you or be double agents but they are operation time buffers...nothing more

Its easy to end up with a lot more points than you need. Also I believe 85% of those operations are just gloried text and a few item grabs. Yes deciding which advisor should take the mission has some effect but nothing notable.

1 of things DA dev's talked about is every game, new character; however i think differently on this philosophy

This means that the main character will never truly grow or develop anymore than the generic template for every game they commit to this formula, unlike Sheperd, a preset char that can be customized like Geralt, and in certain respects Hawke. Instead its more companion centric

The dialouge system that was spoken of as having been overhauled still suffers at its philosophical core foundation level, that cursed approval system. ME was great because conversations, actions, things said in conversations gave an opportunity for those convos to be more organic and when controversy did happen your Shep could have his reasons or actions no matter what.
Since your decisions are only slightly impactful you can say that companion approval is the only meager influence on them

You should always want decisions and actions to impact the player multidimensionally, part of this is why you want a living world, but I'll get to that latter

They promoted it as burden of leadership, all i can say is "not really"

Speaking of player agency most of the decisions are to simply complete or to do, rather than divide into "either this or that",or "consequence severe or less severe"

The decisions that are suppose to be significant hardly impact the living world in which you play, they are just simply spoken of, and in text, or in endgame pictures.

The regions are big and varied however

An alive world means ecosystem, it means global econonmy to a degree, it means ripple effects, that people in the game are alive not just muted cosmetic space ram, that consequence just isn't felt by the player but by everyone to the appropriate
degree.

Games like Witcher 2 I think of Flotsam in particular as the identity of the city living and breathing along with the living Npcs. Skyrim, even fable2 you can interact with every character, Fallout3/ new Vegas
The point is not to copy those games, rather understand the inherent advantages that come with having real places with real npcs that have full identity and stories happening on their own, and for you to impact it.
It allows for far more versatile story telling and immersion instead of a glorified playset in the background that's detached from you in the foreground

The ability to press down on a button to have a closeup cam would of been nice, some conversations very in weight and it would of been nice to have had this option

Not much on combat except I'll say its more based on skill than previous dragon ages, and none of your characters are helpless simply because of class in certain situations as in previous games, this was a tremendous improvement

"Spoilers"
!!!!!

I know decisions like Mages/Templars, new Devine are suppose to be significant they just don't feel like it because they aren't. Decisions in these games need to impact the player multidimensionally during the game, not here's a tarot card of the character at the end of the game and this is what may have happened.

The other disappointment is that there was great potential in Thedas for many agendas to challenge the inquisition, but all are simply subservient
to Corephiyus which ultimately took away from the field

Discrepancies in the keep i noticed if alive Warden romanced Morrigan even if he stabbed her in witch hunt, she responds the same in inquisition even if romance continued in witch hunt

Why Justina?? What is it that she was a powerful obstacle yes, however its implied that it was simply an accident. Where did the wardens kidnap her, where did they take her, how did the inquisitor end up there? Was he bringing the wardens milk and cookies? Where were her guards?
It would of been better to have all that in the game and then let the mystery unfold

Disappointed, keeping a story going is not about stringing people along, but rather bringing to a close certain issues which in turn should create and open up new things naturally, instead its just grown stale along with their tired formula.

This game was not what next gen rpgs needed to be about. The inability to change, improve and evolve in the way I felt they should've doesn't mean they can't....will see by me4 if there is a true decline inside the bioware halls

Cassandra has the most flawless eyebrows I can't believe there are mods trying to change how she looks, are people idiots?

also i love this

Last edited:
Top Bottom