What's the minimum resolution available for the game?

+
Will 800x600 be available for the game?
Interested in the minimum resolution too. I see more games making the minimum higher recently. I've got 1080p, but it can't hurt to know. The Witcher 2 does below 800x600 so I'd assume The Witcher 3 may have it?

Here's a related question.

Is it possible to run a game at a resolution lower than your monitor's native resolution and still have it take up full screen? The reason I ask is because I couldn't get this work with TW2. And if it is possible then I might run TW3 at a lower resolution to get better performance.

Here's a related question.

Is it possible to run a game at a resolution lower than your monitor's native resolution and still have it take up full screen? The reason I ask is because I couldn't get this work with TW2. And if it is possible then I might run TW3 at a lower resolution to get better performance.

It depends on the monitor, drivers, phase of the moon, your standing with the deity of your choice, things like that.

In TW2, anyway, you can tell the game to use a particular mode and full-screen display. It will try to set the display to that mode. It may succeed, do nothing, or set the display to a useless state (for example, one-third of the display is off the right margin). If using the game settings doesn't help, you may have better luck setting your desktop to the resolution you want and then launching the game.

Either is more likely to work if you are on a DVI or HDMI connection than if you are on VGA (the old 15-pin) connection.

So will it be possible?

Nobody but the developers know, and they have not spoken. The Windows logo requirement for minimum resolution was recently 1366x768, but then Microsoft has required 1024x768. I would be mildly surprised if they did not support 1024x768 and 800x600. But I don't expect the game to look acceptable at 800x600.

So what's the minimum resolution?

Is 800x600 available for the game?

I don't care about graphics and hate using my computer at 100%. Just a waste of electricity.

Top Bottom