[Experienced Modder Needed] Perfect Combat Mod

+
[Experienced Modder Needed] Perfect Combat Mod

Alright, I'm looking for an experienced modder (or multiple modders) to help me make the perfect combat/systems tweaks to this game. This mod will allow the more casual RPG fans to enjoy the game, as the current combat and control systems are more than likely to deter them from continuing past the beginning.

------------------------------------------------------------------
*NOTE* This overhaul will require using the aiming system, crosshair, and customizeable camera feature from the "Rise of the Sword" mod, as well as the ability to move while parrying from the "Full Combat Rebalance 2." So, here are the full requirements:

• Ability to aim all attacks and signs + visible quasi crosshair (from "Rise of the Sword")
  • Fully customizeable camera zoom options (from "Rise of the Sword")
  • Character always follows crosshair/camera - even when out of combat
  • Ability to toggle free look with Alt (camera position stays set until moving)
    -- Ability to sprint​
    -- Shift + W/A/S/D/ = Sprint (if running is toggled) or run (if walking is toggled)​
  • New Combat Mechanics:
    -- Left click [tap] = fast attack
    -- Left-click [hold] = power attack
    -- Shift + Left-click = leap/charge + power attack (use leaping slash animation from Rise of the Sword)​
  • Ability to move freely while attacking
    -- Remove forced forward movement during attacks​
  • Ability to parry while moving (from "Rise of the Sword" but needs to be modified to be able to parry while moving in all directions - animation required)
    -- Right-click = parry​
  • Side-to-side strafing while facing forward - character does not turn
  • Reverse walk/run while facing forward - character does not turn around
  • Pirouette instead of roll animation (Existing mod but needs to be integrated to work with all other requirements)
    -- Replacement talent for “Feet Work”​
  • Two talents per level (Existing mod but needs to be integrated to work with all other requirements)
  • Shorter movement stop time/distance - only one short step after running, no additional steps after pirouette
  • Disable auto-blocking entirely
  • Rebalance vigor costs (especially for signs in respect to melee attacks)
    -- Fast attack does not cost vigor
    -- Add a small vigor cost to pirouette
    -- Reduce vigor cost of parry
    -- Able to parry when out of vigor but absorbs less damage and breaks on impact and results in staggering
    -- Able to dodge when out of vigor but only performs a half pirouette (shorter distance - animation required)
    -- Able to charge when out of vigor but slower, no leap (instead, use the charging stab animation from Rise of the Sword), and only deals fast attack damage​
  • Update UI so that vigor displays as a single bar that drains on use and slowly refills over time - like health bar

For those who read this thread but aren't interested or aren't able to help me, feel free to leave me some constructive feedback

Last edited:
Alright, I'm looking for an experienced modder (or multiple modders) to help me make the perfect combat/systems tweaks to this game. This mod will allow the more casual RPG fans to enjoy the game, as the current combat and control systems are more than likely to deter them from continuing past the beginning.

*NOTE* This overhaul will require using the aiming system, crosshair, and customizeable camera feature from the "Rise of the Sword" mod, as well as the ability to move while parrying from the "Full Combat Rebalance 2." So, here are the full requirements:

• Ability to aim all attacks and signs + visible quasi crosshair (from "Rise of the Sword")
  • Fully customizeable camera zoom options (from "Rise of the Sword")
  • Character always follows crosshair/camera - even when out of combat
  • Ability to toggle free look with Alt (camera position stays set until moving)
    -- Ability to sprint​
    -- Shift + W/A/S/D/ = Sprint (if running is toggled) or run (if walking is toggled)​
  • New Combat Mechanics:
    -- Left click [tap] = fast attack
    -- Left-click [hold] = power attack
    -- Shift + Left-click = leap/charge + power attack (use leaping slash animation from Rise of the Sword)​
  • Ability to move freely while attacking
    -- Remove forced forward movement during attacks​
  • Ability to parry while moving (from "Rise of the Sword" but needs to be modified to be able to parry while moving in all directions - animation required)
    -- Right-click = parry​
  • Side-to-side strafing while facing forward - character does not turn
  • Reverse walk/run while facing forward - character does not turn around
  • Pirouette instead of roll animation (Existing mod but needs to be integrated to work with all other requirements)
    -- Replacement talent for “Feet Work”​
  • Two talents per level (Existing mod but needs to be integrated to work with all other requirements)
  • Shorter movement stop time/distance - only one short step after running, no additional steps after pirouette
  • Disable auto-blocking entirely
  • Rebalance vigor costs (especially for signs in respect to melee attacks)
    -- Fast attack does not cost vigor
    -- Add a small vigor cost to pirouette
    -- Reduce vigor cost of parry
    -- Able to parry when out of vigor but absorbs less damage and breaks on impact and results in staggering
    -- Able to dodge when out of vigor but only performs a half pirouette (shorter distance - animation required)
    -- Able to charge when out of vigor but slower, no leap (instead, use the charging stab animation from Rise of the Sword), and only deals fast attack damage​
  • Update UI so that vigor displays as a single bar that drains on use and slowly refills over time - like health bar

For those who read this thread but aren't interested or aren't able to help me, feel free to leave me some constructive feedback

The recent gameplay footage of the Witcher 3 has left me very impressed with the animation improvements over its predecessor. I don't know if its possible, but you might want to wait until May for it to come out, and than see if you can strip some of the impressive animations from its engine, and incorporate them into witcher 2. Instead of having to create an actual leaping slash, or other animations for Geralt from scratch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom