The Witcher 3 Press Event "Blow some minds"

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh nobody posted/linked the embargo breaking post that you're referring to.

Perhaps you didn't know about it, but that quoted post is the first of a thread started by a guy on NeoGAF who talked about various aspects of the demo he got to play, including the whole starting sequence. Since as far as I know CDPR asked all who attended not to discuss anything until the 26th and this guy even revealed previously undisclosed - although trivial - mechanics, and since we've always been pretty strict about these things, I was wondering why it was okay for this particular fellow to be superior to everybody else who is respectully waiting for the embargo to lift. That's all.

If rules have not been broken let's everyone enjoy of own freedom of speech
I don't see what freedom of speech has to do with this. I'm not trying to shut anybody up; as I said, I'm just confused about the official stance on the matter.

like cartman :p

Exactly

Now I just need someone to unfreeze me on time, and not in 2077 (and i'm not speaking about the game)

Perhaps you didn't know about it, but that quoted post is the first of a thread started by a guy on NeoGAF who talked about various aspects of the demo he got to play, including the whole starting sequence. Since as far as I know CDPR asked all who attended not to discuss anything until the 26th and this guy even revealed previously undisclosed - although trivial - mechanics, and since we've always been pretty strict about these things, I was wondering why it was okay for this particular fellow to be superior to everybody else who is respectully waiting for the embargo to lift. That's all.
No I got what you meant, just that when I posted it they were just 'claims' by some guy which really didn't say anything of value, same repeating stuff

"It looks great, gorgeous blah blah". Then another post which was 'embargo-breaking' dropped later, regardless, I'm removing it.

I don't see what freedom of speech has to do with this. I'm not trying to shut anybody up; as I said, I'm just confused about the official stance on the matter.

As far as I know to be a moderator of this forum ake any of them official CDPR representative

The moderator stance is that we're not permitting posts that give spoilers that come from embargoed material.

The confusion here is because when sid first posted that link, it was to a post that was just a general impression and some minor info. It was only later that the person who started it decided to post massive spoilers, after which sid removed the link in his post.

Last edited:
No I got what you meant, just that when I posted it they were just 'claims' by some guy which really didn't say anything of value, same repeating stuff

"It looks great, gorgeous blah blah". Then another post which was 'embargo-breaking' dropped later, regardless, I'm removing it.

I'm getting that unshakeable feeling of being the drowner in the witcher forums... :huh:

Am... Am I being the drowner?

The moderator stance is that we're not permitting posts that give spoilers that come from embargoed material.

The confusion here is because when sid first posted that link, it was to a post that was just a general impression and some minor info. It was only later that the person who started it decided to post massive spoilers, after which sid removed the link in his post.

Ah, well, of course I didn't think sid would intentionally post spoilering stuff, I was ultimately wondering about what would constitute breaking the embargo. The guy did reveal a feature, report what a CDPR employee told him about the map and playtesting time, and post his general impressions on various stuff in his first post. Since everyone else I've seen has limited themselves to something in the lines of: "The game is great but I can't say more", I thought this would be crossing the line in regards to the embargo agreement with CDPR.

Anyway, what's done is done, I kinda got the gist of it, we're getting videos and stuff, so everything's nice and pretty.

I'm getting that unshakeable feeling of being the drowner in the witcher forums... :huh:

Am... Am I being the drowner?

No, just someone stuck in the middle of a retcon ;)

Since everyone else I've seen has limited themselves to something in the lines of: "The game is great but I can't say more", I thought this would be crossing the line in regards to the embargo agreement with CDPR.

Probably, but that's between CDPR and the person concerned. However, given that later post, he should possibly watch out for men in blue stripes bearing knives....
:hmm:

Ugh auto-drive? At least it'll be optional.

I still can't wrap my head around the concept of a mechanic like auto-drive (It was in FC4 and I was flabbergasted at the concept). You're playing a video game, so fucking play it! We don't need more systems in games where the game plays itself. Is it really that difficult to both control your horse and look at the pretty environments?
I get what you're saying.
But I want to point out that it really worked great in Red Dead Redemption. When you were on the road the horse automatically stayed on the road, but you could take control and steer it off the road whenever you wanted to. It actually is more similar to riding a horse in real life, since a horse has a mind of its own and it knows which path to choose better than the rider. So the rider chooses the general path and speed, and the horse does the rest.
Trust me riding horses is one of my favorite activities in the US :)

No real time to talk as we're watching over the press as they play, do interviews, etc. Overall, I cautiously believe they are enjoying it. Obviously you'll all have to see what they write when they do their articles & interviews on Monday morning North American time (all press are embargoed till then). I can say that I am thoroughly enjoying the time I've been able to get my hands on the new build. The game get better and better each time and I am blown away by how gorgeous (graphically and audio/VO wise) things are.

I'll also say that I am digging the "auto-drive" on Roach. I use it for long distances, but take manual control when I see something that catches my eye and I want to slow down or stop to interact or get a better view of.

I'll also say that you should be prepared when you fight a griffon. Or you'll get your ass handed to you.

Gotta go. Minds still being blown. ;)

@TheEvilChris
When you do kill the griffin, does the cinematic kick in? Or was that just for the demo and Collectors Edition statue? And if a cinematic to kill a 'boss' creature happens, how common is that/ on how many monsters do we get a cinematic kill?

Thanks for communicating with us Chris, is cool to read your thoughts about the game as well. Hope you guys are having a great time over there. :)

When you do kill the griffin, does the cinematic kick in? Or was that just for the demo and Collectors Edition statie? And if a cinematic to kill a 'boss' creature happen, how common is that/ on how many monsters do we get a cinematic kill?

They already addressed this in the past. Cut-scene was there to end the presentation in a cool way. So you shouldn´t see it in a final game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom