• Option 1: Sword of Destiny-Version

Votes: 323 52.4%
  • Option 2: Debut-Version

Votes: 68 11.0%
  • Option 3:VGX-Version

Votes: 70 11.4%
  • Option 4:Summer Conference-Version

Votes: 129 20.9%
  • Other (Freel free to post your suggestion)

Votes: 26 4.2%

• Total voters
The poll lets you choose between TW3 looks, it doesn't mention the old incarnations at all. Then you have to consider that:
A- People has complained about hair color and eyes since day 1
B- They even changed the "Sword of Destiny" trailer face, making Geralt almost unrecognizable and worse. And people complained about that.

So up until now CD Projekt has experimented with many faces. I hope that, at least the side view/profile stays like the "maybePs4butnotquite" screenshot and that they make the front shot coherent with the profile, which recalls TW2. It's the one who they have made better and, seeing that in the CGI Geralt IS EQUAL to his TW2 appearance, I just don't see why they should stick to another option when turning to gameplay. It's just like if in a movie the actor playing the main role is replaced by another without any plausible motivation. It's just useless and annoying.

Not useless as long as there is someone who appreciates it

The poll also has a "other" choice, which has a measly 4%, so your argument is invalid. If it had the choice to stick with the Witcher 2 face, I would have still chosen the same.

If you look at Witcher 1, the characters used to look very different, Triss looked twice her age in Witcher 2, Geralt is just barely recognizable if at all, and Vesemir is nothing like he is in Witcher 3. I don't remember anybody complaining about those.

Personally I do not like the Witcher 2 look for Geralt too much, I actually prefer both Witcher 1 and Witcher 3 in terms of looks of faces, as things are now

But that is a matter of taste

I won't say there aren't people who don't like it, but I will say that there are those who do

As for not being sure whether they will implement faces or haircuts and gear, I do not know for certain, but if there is a large quantity of people that are against the current faces as you say, I am sure they will give you the option

---------- Updated at 06:07 PM ----------

And I would actually like the option to be able to choose the main actor in the movie I am about to watch if I am familiar with his/her previous works ;)

Not useless as long as there is someone who appreciates it

The poll also has a "other" choice, which has a measly 4%, so your argument is invalid. If it had the choice to stick with the Witcher 2 face, I would have still chosen the same.

If you look at Witcher 1, the characters used to look very different, Triss looked twice her age in Witcher 2, Geralt is just barely recognizable if at all, and Vesemir is nothing like he is in Witcher 3. I don't remember anybody complaining about those.

Personally I do not like the Witcher 2 look for Geralt too much, I actually prefer both Witcher 1 and Witcher 3 in terms of looks to it, as things are now

But that is a matter of taste

I won't say there aren't people who don't like it, but I will say that there are those who do

Other doesn't mean TW1 or TW2. It is just too generic. Maybe you would have kept choosing sword of destiny, but you don't have the certainty that the other voters would do the same, just like you can't say that looks DLC means also face DLC. These are all conjectures. So my point is valid and makes sense. TW1 had serious limitations on the polygon counts, so the characters looked stiff and they needed a restyling. Triss looked incredibly generic in TW1, so we've had a great improvement in personality. Geralt has been softened a bit in TW2 but he was still recognizable. Vesemir never changed and also Eskel and Lambert are recognizable.
It's not just a matter of taste, it's about continuity, lore-fidelity and trademark aspects.

About actor changing, it's not your decision, but a random change by another person. You are distorting what I say.

Last edited:
Other doesn't mean TW1 or TW2. It is just too generic. So my point is valid and makes sense. TW1 had serious limitations on the polygon counts, so the characters looked stiff and they needed a restyling. Triss looked incredibly generic in TW1, so we've had a great improvement in personality. Geralt has been softened a bit in TW2 but he was still recognizable. Vesemir never changed and also Eskel and Lambert are recognizable.
It's not just a matter of taste, it's about continuity, lore-fidelity and trademark aspects.

About actor changing, it's not your decision, but a random change by another person. You are distorting what I say.

Considering how the characters changed from TW1 to TW2, and that there are only two games so far, you can hardly talk about continuity, but I do understand that aspect at least

As for Vesemir, exibit A

Soggy faced old guy as opposed to

Soggy faced badass old guy

As for Geralt

Animal-like features, looks barely human, just as he should, white hair

Pretty boy with some weird eyes and grey hair

I do not see how the latter is more lore-friendly

Personally, I think that his look in Witcher 3

Is greatly superior to both previous versions

He looks like an aged veteran who has a lot of experience and knows his business, as he should look

And he looks a lot more serious than he did in Witcher 2

Also check out the mod that gives your character a beard in The Witcher 2, he actually looks completely different with the beard, remove it and he looks ten years younger at least

This just doesn't seem like a pressing issue to me, but I will restrain from further posts on the matter, there is no point in discussing tastes

Attachments

• 2555388-9105165310-the_w.jpg
    2555388-9105165310-the_w.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 847
Last edited:
Considering how the characters changed from TW1 to TW2, and that there are only two games so far, you can hardly talk about continuity, but I do understand that aspect at least

As for Vesemir, exibit A

As for Geralt

About Vesemir, you have taken a rendered still model. If you look at Gerald's still model, you see that it's different from every version of TW3 shown until now:

If you look at the cinematic, you'll see a great difference. Honestly, I don't know why they are messing so much with characters looks, but one thing is sure: they are turning them over, A LOT.
If you look at the cinematic anyway, you will notice more similarities than differences.

About Geralt's TW1 face, I have already told you about the polygon counts limitations and about the necessity to soften the models. Surely they changed Geralt, but he's still recognizable, and he's even more similar to TW1 in the CGIs, where the limitations of the in game engine disappear:

See how similar to TW2 he is? If they didn't have the technical limitations of that time, they would have shaped him that way.

And about the similarities between TW1&2 and TW3 cinematics, here you are:

In TW2 Geralt is surely more handsome than in 1, but he is not beautiful in the strict sense of the word. Instead he is as wild, vigorous and masculine as in TW1. That makes him charismatic. In my opinion his goaty nose, forehead, the protruding eyebrow bone and chin and his yellow eyes are the trademarks and what make him recognizable, along with the white hair.

Last edited:

As for Vesemir, exibit A

As for Geralt

Personally, I think that his look in Witcher 3

Is greatly superior to both previous versions

He looks like an aged veteran who has a lot of experience and knows his business, as he should look

And he looks a lot more serious than he did in Witcher 2

Also check out the mod that gives your character a beard in The Witcher 2, he actually looks completely different with the beard, remove it and he looks ten years younger at least

This just doesn't seem like a pressing issue to me, but I will restrain from further posts on the matter, there is no point in discussing tastes

are you serious? thats not how he looks in gameplay its just a pre rendered pic (like in the cinematic trailer)
If you compare TW2 Geralt with TW3 Geralt (gameplay) he looks much more like a normal human being and even healthy instead of looking like a mutant
thats what we are complaining about -.-

not pale enough imo, looks like random Hollywood hero
Come on, man.
Don't be such a sourpuss :)
See things that you like instead of things that you don't. Whiter hair for example, hollower cheeks, and a good looking beard without bald spots on the cheeks. I think his skin tone changes depending on the lighting anyways.
He looks more like the Geralt from the Trail cinematic.

Come on, man.
Don't be such a sourpuss :)
See things that you like instead of things that you don't. Whiter hair for example, hollower cheeks, and a good looking beard without bald spots on the cheeks. I think his skin tone changes depending on the lighting anyways.
He looks more like the Geralt from the Trail cinematic.

Word, ABOVE Geralt looks like a sexy, man dragon mixed with a little Layne Staley from Alice in Chains!
That's not a bad thing at all, hey who don't want to be Geralt now bitches! lol...
:)

Last edited:
He still looks way too human and not pale enough... Have they forgotten how he looked in W1/W2? Yes, seems so.

Well, i really don't understand why Geralt shouldn't look like human. He's human after all. Yes, mutation and stuff, but he's human though, no matter what racist population of witcher world says about witchers. xD
I personally prefer W2 face, but the current one looks fine to me anyway.

Well, i really don't understand why Geralt shouldn't look like human. He's human after all. Yes, mutation and stuff, but he's human though, no matter what racist population of witcher world says about witchers. xD
I personally prefer W2 face, but the current one looks fine to me anyway.
To me the face looks fine, it's the coloration that is wrong.

I have to agree with one of the previous posters that this is an awesome looking Geralt. I like that he doesn't look like swamp/johnny anymore. I really disliked that one. They have thinned his face and its no longer puffy, which is great news. I want this geralt to be how he is

Attachments

• lol.jpg
    lol.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
I chose the last option. No "prince charming" Geralt, please. I would never believe any people would call him "scabbed freak" (like in the books) if he looked like in any of the current variations of his face. In TW1 he was not pretty-faced and it was quite refreshing. He felt more alive because of that. His attractiveness to women was not due to his looks, that's Dandelion's specialty.

I chose the last option. No "prince charming" Geralt, please. I would never believe any people would call him "scabbed freak" (like in the books) if he looked like in any of the current variations of his face. In TW1 he was not pretty-faced and it was quite refreshing. He felt more alive because of that. His attractiveness to women was not due to his looks, that's Dandelion's specialty.
Exactly. He's way too human in W3 and his face/colour looks nothing like in Sir. Sapkowski's books. Which is a big shame to me...

Last edited:
Giving feedback on concerns is permitted in these forums, but I think that we've had enough general trolling. A post and the reply to it have been deleted.

Top Bottom