The Perfect Yennefer

+
:yes

Source

Too much Eva Green here. It's like supporting Jason Statham to be Hitman in the movies; you now what? He had already played 50 characters just like Hitman, why one more? And it's the same with Eva Green, she already played a lot of characters much like Yen.

Too much Eva Green here. It's like supporting Jason Statham to be Hitman in the movies; you now what? He had already played 50 characters just like Hitman, why one more? And it's the same with Eva Green, she already played a lot of characters much like Yen.
Well because she's a good actress and yes, she would be cool as Yen, even if she played similar characters.

On a side note, I don't think Statham is the perfect choice for 47, he needs a colder stare. :p

Last edited:
No, that's actually how she is... She has pretty much zero aspects of a good person.

And what's with her necklace? It went from a star to an upside-down pentagram/pentacle.
No to your no. :)

I think I will repeat myself now, but I have to protect her..

spoilers from books..
What was her fault exactly? And when she did some mistake? I can't find any example of her behaviour, where she would be worse than Geralt.
Their history ... they were together and after some time Geralt just left her. After some period he, for example, met her, and thought she just jump with him into bed. Another time he left her without single note fot very long period, after that he just asked her for help. And what did she do? She helped him. Yes, she is maybe proud and strict, but that is not bad. Even when they weren't together, she helped him a lot (send him money so he could live as a human).

Another story - she met a girl. She was just asked to help her and she did it. And she wasn't just her teacher and educator, she became her mother, because Ciri needed that.

After that she risked her life to find Ciri. Even her biggest enemy admitted to his friends, that Yennefer proved huge devotion to Ciri, when she had to endure all torture and still to protect her at all cost.

I can understand different opinion, but I would like to hear what she did so wrong to be blamed.

Another time he left her without single note fot very long period, after that he just asked her for help. And what did she do? She helped him. .
I agree with all you've said except for that line I left under spoiler tag, which I will now use too...
Are you talking about the period between Shard of Ice story, then flashback from Something More and then Blood of Elves? Because it's not precisely like that. :)

I agree with all you've said except for that line I left under spoiler tag, which I will now use too...
Are you talking about the period between Shard of Ice story, then flashback from Something More and then Blood of Elves? Because it's not precisely like that. :)
I will reply politically :) I was talking about that mentioned and described (length) period in Yen's letter..
Dear friend, your unexpected letter - which I received not quite three years after we last saw each other - has given me much joy.

But I would be glad if you would give me some timeline of those events.
Now I think it can be time since their last meeting (on Belleteyn ~ in that flashback), but I am not sure.

I will reply politically :) I was talking about that mentioned and described (length) period in Yen's letter..
Dear friend, your unexpected letter - which I received not quite three years after we last saw each other - has given me much joy.

But I would be glad if you would give me some timeline of those events.
Now I think it can be time since their last meeting (on Belleteyn ~ in that flashback), but I am not sure.
Shard of Ice
1 year, 2 months and 18 days (checked the book in this case haha)
Belleteyn (Something more flashback)
3 years
Blood of Elves
Timeline is correct, but in the Shard of Ice story it was not Geralt's fault, or rather, he knew at the end they wouldn't have been together anymore. You know... the kestrel story. ;)

At times, Yen is a loving, careful being. In fact, judging by her actions in the books, she is probably the best mother you can describe.

The times she risked her life for Ciri, for Geralt, how much she helped them both, it's beautiful. Then also the time she ruined her dress and helped the pregnant lady... yea

But at other times, she is indeed a selfish, careless, snobbish little... ahem.

Last edited:
But at other times, she is indeed a selfish, careless, snobbish little... ahem. And I will NEVER[\b] forgive her for cheating Geralt :p

She didn't quite cheat on Geralt. Quite the contrary in fact, Geralt "cheated" on her. Before the "Shard of Ice" story, Geralt and Yennefer had just been playing around. She had not committed to anything regarding Geralt, neither had he for that matter. At that point of time and before that she would appear selfish and snobbish. Not careless though, or little. :p

After the "Shard of Ice", either by luck or due to Geralt's little game with Destiny, they met again. And then they committed. Was Yennefer a bit selfish at that time? Well probably so, but in the end so was Geralt. That's why he left. Or that's why he cheated too, if you assume that Triss did not magically seduce him.

But you can tell that, when Geralt really needed Yennefer, she proved that she is not a selfish bitch. She kind of gave up everything she had. Her house, her research and her friends at the Lodge. Now that's something.

I guess that's how I see their story arc. But who knows, maybe she is a bitch, and everything happened because of that damn Djinn. She can't help but having Geralt's destiny in her hands. :p

Even if love her character, oh well she did cheated on Geralt, I mean, making love with another man 12 hours later is a bit painful, I know the whole issue is not that simple but... :p And when he discovered that his non reaction was a bit like this "You can actually pinpoint the second his heart rips in half." Obviously without being noticed.

Even if love her character, oh well she did cheated on Geralt, I mean, making love with another man 12 hours later is a bit painful, I know the whole issue is not that simple but... :p And when he discovered that his non reaction was a bit like this "You can actually pinpoint the second his heart rips in half." Obviously without being noticed.

Yeah that's true, but at that point she was still a Sorceress. Full meaning of the word. She was accustomed to not just have one lover. She was used to moving around and have lovers all over the place. She even says so herself, later in the Novels, when she talks to Crach about it. I think in her mind she didn't view it as cheating, because her relationships have always been short lived and just for the sex part, nothing more.

I think that in "Shard of Ice" is when she realizes that she can't do that anymore, because she hurts people, both Istredd and Geralt in this occasion. Which is why she leaves. I don't know, maybe I like the character too much, so that I justify her every action, but you know.. there's some logic in my point of view you can't deny that. :p

Oh and to avoid any misinterpretation, I am not saying she left because she just did not want to keep hurting Geralt and Istredd. I think she left because, this was the moment she realized that both men want or expect more from her, that she could "afford" to give. I guess she just needed some time for herself. She didn't walk into Aed Gynvael by luck or by mistake, she had to clear things up, because her relationship with Geralt was getting kind of serious, from Geralt's point of view that is. I don't think she expected him to stick around and follow her. He is a witcher after all. And since she had something kind of serious with Istredd, even if interrupted, she had to clear things up. And she did.

I don't know, the reason I love her character, is because it shows how much people can change, because of people they care about. Yennefer is in no way the same now, as she was when she met Geralt.

Last edited:
Yeah that's true, but at that point she was still a Sorceress. Full meaning of the word. She was accustomed to not just have one lover. She was used to moving around and have lovers all over the place. She even says so herself, later in the Novels, when she talks to Crach about it. I think in her mind she didn't view it as cheating, because her relationships have always been short lived and just for the sex part, nothing more.

I think that in "Shard of Ice" is when she realizes that she can't do that anymore, because she hurts people, both Istredd and Geralt in this occasion. Which is why she leaves. I don't know, maybe I like the character too much, so that I justify her every action, but you know.. there's some logic in my point of view you can't deny that. :p
Yeah I agree with every word, that's why I said that issue is not that simple. She made a choice, and both Istredd and Geralt knew. After that episode she didn't have a relationship, and I think she was a bit ashamed too.
At the end she realized that she and Geralt were more similar, and that even she and Istredd understood each other quite well he was not...Geralt, and she isn't capable of giving love as much as they do. First, because she is a tormented soul (the obsession with having a baby) and then because she knows to be bitchy a bit. (I understood that from the dialogue between Yen and Geralt, when Snow Queen is mentioned).

Anyway after that short story she is quite different, and seeks occasions to apologize (she will never admit that, but we know)

:p

Yeah I agree with every word, that's why I said that issue is not that simple. She made a choice, and both Istredd and Geralt knew. After that episode she didn't have a relationship, and I think she was a bit ashamed too.
At the end she realized that she and Geralt were more similar, and that even she and Istredd understood each other quite well he was not...Geralt, and she isn't capable of giving love as much as they do. First, because she is a tormented soul (the obsession with having a baby) and then because she knows to be bitchy a bit. (I understood that from the dialogue between Yen and Geralt, when Snow Queen is mentioned).

Anyway after that short story she is quite different, and seeks occasions to apologize (she will never admit that, but we know)

Yes high-five, I just edited my post a little bit. We know we always agree Syn. Ehm Seph.
:cheers:

*ahem*

Lady of the Lake
‘Geralt?’
‘I’m listening, Yen.’
‘When we... When we were not together, where you with other women?’
‘No.’
‘Not once?’
‘Not once.’
‘Your voice did not tremble. So I do not know why I don’t believe you.’
‘I am only for you, Yen.’
‘Now I do.’

and don't tell me it was a break up that time :)

Oh and to avoid any misinterpretation, I am not saying she left because she just did not want to keep hurting Geralt and Istredd. I think she left because, this was the moment she realized that both men want or expect more from her, that she could "afford" to give. I guess she just needed some time for herself. She didn't walk into Aed Gynvael by luck or by mistake, she had to clear things up, because her relationship with Geralt was getting kind of serious, from Geralt's point of view that is. I don't think she expected him to stick around and follow her. He is a witcher after all. And since she had something kind of serious with Istredd, even if interrupted, she had to clear things up. And she did.

I don't know, the reason I love her character, is because it shows how much people can change, because of people they care about. Yennefer is in no way the same now, as she was when she met Geralt.
That's right, why everyone keeps not mentioning this? :p

---------- Updated at 01:51 PM ----------

*ahem*

Lady of the Lake
‘Geralt?’
‘I’m listening, Yen.’
‘When we... When we were not together, where you with other women?’
‘No.’
‘Not once?’
‘Not once.’
‘Your voice did not tremble. So I do not know why I don’t believe you.’
‘I am only for you, Yen.’
‘Now I do.’

and don't tell me it was a break up that time :)
It was, for Geralt that story was like it never existed because before overhearing the conversation between conspirators, he was absolutely convinced that Yen betrayed him joining Vilgefortz. So he's avoiding that issue, simple.

Top Bottom