Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL

Why? Because game journalists are even more stupid/blind than the usual gamer?

I don't want to see any more "adjusted for demo purposes" gameplay. I want to see the real thing, not some stupid PR stuff again. Everything else is just foolling with people, sorry...

Because the same thing was done for W2. Satisfied now?

i have in fornt of me a 4000+ dollars system right now i build SOLELY for the propouse of beeing able to run this game in the quality shoen in the vgx trailer. excuseme if now i pretend to have that quality not dumbed down to console level, my firend thank you.

as i said max scalability is justice for everyone.
downgrade and forced parity is downright CRIMINAL. and i stand by my word till i die

downgrade or not you probably shouldnt spend 4000 dollars for something you will only see if you like it in 6 months or a whole year, just an advice.

LOL

Why? Because game journalists are even more stupid/blind than the usual gamer?

I don't want to see any more "adjusted for demo purposes" gameplay. I want to see the real thing, not some stupid PR stuff again. Everything else is just foolling with people, sorry...

Calm down maybe? You need to scale things up when you put something on big screen, thats all.

Because the same thing was done for W2. Satisfied now?

No, not at all. Why should that satisfy me???

And I think you speak about the first version of W2 that was shown to journalists. That was during a much earlier production period. W3 is basically done. It's the final product, and all they're doing now is refining it and fixing bugs if it's right what they told us so far...

Calm down maybe? You need to scale things up when you put something on big screen, thats all.
Actually, everything is scaled up when you use a bigger screen. But yeah, would be ok if the HUD was manually scalable. But we don't know that. All we know is that PC and consoles will have the same UI and HUD and so on and them only showing the console version again doesn't calm me down at all. But sorry if I care too much by just saying that to me that's a form of downgrading.

Last edited:
HUD has its own thread, so please go there to discuss the issues with it. And once you do, please calm down a little bit unless you don't want to be around here tomorrow to discuss the new footage.

No, not at all. Why should that satisfy me???

And I think you speak about the first version of W2 that was shown to journalists. That was during a much earlier production period. W3 is basically done. It's the final product, and all they're doing now is refining it and fixing bugs if it's right what they told us so far...

My understanding is that what is already in the game is subject to improvement i.e textures, combat, weather, graphics. They just wont add any new features, edit the map in any drastic way, remove things etc.

Last edited:
Those images are on the lowest quality! there is no way that can be ultra, the blood looks horrible! The ground is a terrible mess!
Lowest quality?! That's a fucking insult to CDPR.. Open your eyes.
How is that looking so bad to you? That shot alone looks better than most AAA titles these days, yet you scream DOWNGRADE!! Game is looking stunning, even for a console, and I don't see much of a real difference from VGX trailer.

I swear when I see people going nuts with this never ending "downgrade" bs, it makes me sad that such threads are even excist..

CDPR already stated that there will be no downgrade. But I guess you can't stop dogs from barking.

..... But we don't know that. .

Neither not much more.

All we have seen till now are demos, trailers, screenshots.. but who can really swear here right now that we have seen anything from the FINISHED game?

It's human to feel some fear or doubts. But from here to asserting that we have seen is what we will have....

Matter of personal appreciations, no more. Some are welling for knowing if all that stuff is taken from PC or console, We know nothing reliable about the original source, specs and config, how can we claims and blame and accusing? freely, about a product that has not in our hands to have any proof.

Not you, Scholdarr, but through all this 230s pages I've seen (among respectable opinions pro or against) an easy prejudice and unfair comparisons. Far away of what do you expect from mature people.

This thread is still going strong i see.
Personally i saw a huge improvement from the latest teaser compared to the previous gameplay vids, so i am very satisfied with the current state, the game looks great. Patiently awaiting the new 15 mins of gameplay tomorrow to get another idea of how the game looks currently and for all we know it might even get more polish and improvements till it goes live, so i am optimistic for even better quality for the end product

If there is a downgrade then no need to worry about it (only for PC) because I am interested in the quantity and gameplay which should triumph skyrim for ages and if there is a downgrade then we can use MODS like in skyrim

If there is a downgrade then no need to worry about it (only for PC) because I am interested in the quantity and gameplay which should triumph skyrim for ages and if there is a downgrade then we can use MODS like in skyrim

You're interested in the quantity? What's that? And why must one game always be better than another?

This thread is still going strong i see.
Personally i saw a huge improvement from the latest teaser compared to the previous gameplay vids, so i am very satisfied with the current state, the game looks great. Patiently awaiting the new 15 mins of gameplay tomorrow to get another idea of how the game looks currently and for all we know it might even get more polish and improvements till it goes live, so i am optimistic for even better quality for the end product
That's the spirit ;)

Let me put it this way.
You simply cannot judge how a game looks based on SCREENSHOTS and GIFs.
The actual game is in motion, so the player will not have enough time to dissect every detail on the screen. When people sit there and stare at a screenshot for half an hour, it is inevitable that they find faults with the graphics. There are also a number filters that work when the scene is in motion.
As far as videos and GIFs go, all I have to say is that most of the videos are compressed in one way or another and even the most uncompressed ones do not look as sharp as what you see when you play the game.
You cannot compare screenshots and GIFs with each other, because all the conditions are not the same. What system was running the game while each of the screenshots were taken, how compressed was one vs another, what tool was used to capture the screenshot or video of each, and ...
And finally if the textures can get improved, I am sure that CDPR would release an HD texture pack for the PC users like many other developers did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom