Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe to you, what it means to me is "We have a lot of things already planned. It is a good idea, but we may not be able to fit it in. We will if we can though." Still, if you want to be negative, I guess we can't stop you.

I don't wanna be negative.. I'm not banging my fist on the table and screaming : "I want to see it, give it !" ... I just, like many others, would like to know something about how the game works with M+K, how it controls, how the menus work in the PC version, etc. before the game release.. not right now obviously, but as I stated, one/two weeks before the release.. but if not, ok.. I have a gamepad, but in W2 I liked a lot more the controls on M+K, so that's why I'm asking about the PC specific controls

I'm going to try and make a push here for more clarity on the issue. Cheeky of me given my past assertiveness, but I'll give it a shot.

CDProjekt; it has been confirmed by yourselves that the same graphically fidelity can be achieved as shown by both the VGX trailer and the SoD trailer. Is it possible for you to explain to us why there is, subjectively and if you are able to see it for yourselves, a distinct difference in style/tone between both those trailers? IE. What people perceive to be a downgrade.

From my point of view, and perhaps others, the VGX trailer was more dark, gritty fantasy with a fair amount of sharpening, whereas the newer footage appears more vibrant in nature. Has there been a change in art direction?

Also, personally wanting to know, why has Geralt's design (face) changed so much over the course of development?

With all that said, thank you for finally being more clear on the issue. Some faith has been restored. It's a shame it's taken a while.

I'm going to try and make a push here for more clarity on the issue. Cheeky of me given my past assertiveness, but I'll give it a shot.

CDProjekt; it has been confirmed by yourselves that the same graphically fidelity can be achieved as shown by both the VGX trailer and the SoD trailer. Is it possible for you to explain to us why there is, subjectively and if you are able to see it for yourselves, a distinct difference in style/tone between both those trailers? IE. What people perceive to be a downgrade.

From my point of view, and perhaps others, the VGX trailer was more dark, gritty fantasy with a fair amount of sharpening, whereas the newer footage appears more vibrant in nature. Has there been a change in art direction?

Also, personally wanting to know, why has Geralt's design (face) changed so much over the course of development?

With all that said, thank you for finally being more clear on the issue. Some faith has been restored. It's a shame it's taken a while.

I think variety is most important, it would be kind of silly, if for instance skillege islands. A place of natural beauty had filters to make it look gloomy.
It's a place Geralt is exploring before he gets wraped up in his quest.

Novigrad is probably more what you are referring to, i kind of agree on that to some extent.

Last edited:
I think variety is most important, it would be kind of silly, if for instance skillege islands. A place of natural beauty had filters to make it look gloomy.
It's a place Geralt is exploring before he gets wraped up in his quest.

Novigrad is probably more what you are referring to, i kind of agree on that to some extent.

Variety is FANTASTIC! It's just the atmosphere and tone of the game appears to have changed quite a bit.

Variety is FANTASTIC! It's just the atmosphere and tone of the game appears to have changed quite a bit.

I do get what you mean, i haven't really seen much in the way of what the original trailers where going for either. Puzzled me for a while.

The fact they dropped the medallion section from the trailers made me a bit concerned in that regard.

Last edited:
is true the gtx980 can't handle over 40fps in high? a lot of ppl are saying with luck handle stable 30fps :s
if that is true.. so there be something very wrong with the engine.. a gtx980 should run a game like this in ultra 1080p@60 without any problem

is true the gtx980 can't handle over 40fps in high? a lot of ppl are saying with luck handle stable 30fps :s
if that is true.. so there be something very wrong with the engine.. a gtx980 should run a game like this in ultra 1080p@60 without any problem

Gamespot said they played it with 2x gtx980 sli

And my little brother said Triple way sli gtx 980 OC with water cooling system for high with 30 fps...

Don't be ridiculous, if they give some recomended system, they won't throw it away like that.

because they are still optimizing the game and until that is done, they have to rely on the raw brute strength of hardware if they want to show it.

because they are still optimizing the game and until that is done, they have to rely on the raw brute strength of hardware if they want to show it.

i dont know how much an optimization can help plus optimized nvidia drivers.
maybe 15fps-20fps? (from 30fps) :S

Damn, we get recommended specs, meaning they would have to have already done the optimisation to know these. Now we're hearing even beast rigs are struggling, and optimisation is on-going. WTH is going on? Why are all the gaming sites giving differing accounts of the hardware used?

Last edited:
maybe the sli was not working.. many games don't have sli profiles or don't proper sli profiles, so maybe the machine was with 2x980 but only 1 working
in any case. if they was playing this game in high @30fps.. ermm im worried :|

Yeah let's not pull numbers out of our arses, nobody knows what framerate the game was running on it's pure speculation, nobody got to check, it was a hands-on event where you PLAY the game not some kind of a benchmarking event for a section of a game.

i dont know how much an optimization can help plus optimized nvidia drivers.
First you start working on content(prealpha/alpha), then at one point your game becomes feature complete(beta) and then you start fixing bugs, polishing, optimizing etc etc I don't know if games have internal RCs but basically this is pretty normal.

The game's current state and the demo's don't necessarily have to be the same either, they could've cut out a section of the demo and polished it up, fixed any bugs in that area that immediately required attention for the hands on event.

Last edited:
The point was that if you advertise one thing and produce something else you deserve all the flak you get. Like I said, I hope they won't do this but based on the shoddy gameplay videos it all points to that. I haven't preordered anything, nor have I talked about preorders. I have no idea how you got that from my post. Polish up on that reading comprehension first.

They hyped the game too much with this. People remember. If they don't deliver the game from the initial trailer which, to be sure, was astonishingly polished and beautiful, then the people will and should be angry and will and should demand a refund, no matter how good the gameplay or story is.

I didn't really mean to imply you had pre ordered, I just took issue with this statement. When I said "you" I really meant any one who pre orders the game. My point still stands, if someone was to pre order the game after only looking at the trailers, without watching any reviews or even gameplay demos, then that would be a pretty stupid thing to do and I would have no sympathy for them (even if there really was a downgrade). Having said that though, if you purchased the game off gog they probably would give you a refund anyway.

The game's current state and the demo's don't necessarily have to be the same either, they had cut out a section of the demo and polished it up, fixed any bugs in that area that immediately required attention for the hands on event.

Actually, the "demo" was the game. We didn't cut sections out for people to play, we brought recent builds of the actual game to the events with specific saved games (after a few hours we offered to move the players ahead so they could see different areas of the game). We had different builds at different events (we even updated a build in San Francisco between Tuesday & Wednesday), but there were still bugs & crashes in the builds. The team back at the studio worked hard to get us the best builds available, but some bugs & crashes still occurred (I remember that one screen in the PS4 version of Gwent would freeze about 50% of the time. It has been fixed already, but it is an example of things being a bit unfinished at the events).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom