Interviews and Articles - 2015

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading and watching the interviews makes it clear that they are trying to tip-toe the fine line between maintaining "the platform equality" on the outside and trying to contain the PC's superiority on the inside. Even the body language when watching these videos (watch the Greek interview few pages back) shows, that they don't like to hear those questions and even have to catch themselves in the middle of an answer.

MS deal in the works:troll:

I think its more a case that they don't want to give the impression that there is something deficient about the console versions of the game and that this is a crappy port job. If this was tainted by the "MS deal" then they never would have let people play all 3 games at the press event, they wouldn't have had a giant display with all 3 running side by side, and wouldn't be so open in telling us the X1 version is only 900p.

Hahaha, before clicking onto this latest page I read the previous one and was just wracking my brains trying to figure out how on earth 16 hours of sex scene mocap could have been implemented into the game... Lucky I was caught up playing Legend of Grimrock 2 and it allowed time for this update, or else I would have been left confused for much longer.

Weirdly enough with so much talk about Combat, Graphics, Story, Alchemy and everything else we've learnt/heard from these previews and latest Gameplay, I'd entirely forgotten that Sex was actually going to be in the game.
Were the sex scenes mocapped in TW2? I don't remember hearing anything about it, and they didn't have that mocap "quality" to them... Guess we should be in for some pretty high quality sex scenes then... Interesting.

Now Now we can have more than 16Hours of sex in The Witcher 3 !

Go to Brothel district of Novigrad, earn and have enough Orens to spend on prostitutes

Why bro... ? If it's top notch graphics on pc already, like it was in the 35min pc footage demo with fur tech and all the goodies, minus the screen-tearing and less pop in.
I'm stocked, because they are doing all that they can to make consloes match pc, it's hand in hand. To me, It's not a sign of them limiting pc's at all. This is good news all around the board, the only problem I see... is that some fans expect the pc to blow away the consoles just because it's pc and they paid 4grand on some new rig just to play this game, and god forbid it looks just as good on consoles for only 4hundred bucks. PS4/XB1 are pc's in disguise with tricks up their sleeves but what do I know. The point is if it looks amazing and solid and fun on pc, it's really fucking awesome to get consoles to finally match that for the first time ever! CDPR are NOT UBISOFT!

Last edited:
What worries me have never been about the graphical fidelity because I know it will be the best on PC simply because the PC is the only platform supporting "fur physics" & ubersampling. Therefore it will always look best on PC even with identical textures because PC simply put, allows most features.

What worries me however is how weak the PC port could possible be. In http://www.witchersite.pl/component...owiedzi-na-pytania-dotyczace-wiedzmina-3.html It was mentioned that recommended settings for the PC are equal those graphical settings of consoles WITH 30 fps. Now if anyone knows anything about PC they can tell you that this is bollocks because the hardware in both consoles are nowhere near close to the required recommendation, which would indicate that the PC port is (just as how Witcher 2 was) extremely badly optimized to achieve high performance (frame rate).

This just suck, and I've now waited since August 2014 (didn't make a post then) because there's still been no information regarding Mouse and Keyboard support (Is it properly done?), No information regarding other aspects ratios (which Witcher 2 lacked), Nothing new (was it scrapped?) regarding the "customizable UI" which was promised by the developer when a member here expressed concern that he wanted larger subtitles because he suffered from eye-problems, only recently given small hints that ubersampling (which was initially scrapped) to be a feature and so on. It seems that no one gives a toss about PC gamers any more because the console war is just so bloody important. Speaking of consoles, can even console gamers expect the option to rebind their keys or is this also locked?

Yea I'm bitter, mainly because I will either have to use worse graphical settings than that of a Xbox one to achieve a enjoyable game play experience yet still having better hardware or I'll have to pump out with probably two 970's or so to get a decent gaming experience. Seriously CD RED... Just delay the game until August 2015 if you can't optimize the game properly, because honestly a good port is almost as important as the actual game.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is a good example of bad ass graphics, even tho it's a totally diferent style of game on an old ass engine;)

How exactly did they betray PC gaming without you even seeing the game on Ultra settings?

My post was kind of a joke, but sure I will answer to that.

GTX 980/i7 4790/8GB RAM/SSD (roughly 1500$ to build) performs a little bit better than PS4 (400$) - as it is not problem for me because I have a "beasty" PC - it may be troublesome for a lot of people. I guess.

Last edited:
My post was kind of a joke, but sure I will answer to that.

GTX 980/i7 4790/8GB RAM/SSD (roughly 1500$ to build) performs a little bit better than PS4 (400$) - as it is not problem for me because I have a "beasty" PC, it may be troublesome for a lot of people. I guess.

With the little detail that optimization is still going and this will hopefully NOT reflect the performance at launch. I'm pretty sure of it since obviously CDPR don't want to sell their game only to those who have beastly rigs, which is a minority of a minority of a minority ;)

What worries me have never been about the graphical fidelity because I know it will be the best on PC simply because the PC is the only platform supporting "fur physics" & ubersampling. Therefore it will always look best on PC even with identical textures because PC simply put, allows most features.

What worries me however is how weak the PC port could possible be. In http://www.witchersite.pl/component...owiedzi-na-pytania-dotyczace-wiedzmina-3.html It was mentioned that recommended settings for the PC are equal those graphical settings of consoles WITH 30 fps. Now if anyone knows anything about PC they can tell you that this is bollocks because the hardware in both consoles are nowhere near close to the required recommendation, which would indicate that the PC port is (just as how Witcher 2 was) extremely badly optimized to achieve high performance (frame rate).

This just suck, and I've now waited since August 2014 (didn't make a post then) because there's still been no information regarding Mouse and Keyboard support (Is it properly done?), No information regarding other aspects ratios (which Witcher 2 lacked), Nothing new (was it scrapped?) regarding the "customizable UI" which was promised by the developer when a member here expressed concern that he wanted larger subtitles because he suffered from eye-problems, only recently given small hints that ubersampling (which was initially scrapped) to be a feature and so on. It seems that no one gives a toss about PC gamers any more because the console war is just so bloody important. Speaking of consoles, can even console gamers expect the option to rebind their keys or is this also locked?

Yea I'm bitter, mainly because I will either have to use worse graphical settings than that of a Xbox one to achieve a enjoyable game play experience yet still having better hardware or I'll have to pump out with probably two 970's or so to get a decent gaming experience. Seriously CD RED... Just delay the game until August 2015 if you can't optimize the game properly, because honestly a good port is almost as important as the actual game.
I don't know if I agree with all of this because I'm a console player, but hey, if they have to delay it again until July, August 2015! Then fucking do it red team, I will forgive you when the game kicks major ass, just learn from it and never tell us when CP2077 might be done, when it's done it's done;)

I don't know if I agree with all of this because I'm a console player, but hey, if they have to delay it again until July, August 2015! Then fucking do it red team, I will forgive you when the game kicks major ass, just learn from it and never tell us when CP2077 might be done, when it's done it's done;)

The sad thing is they will NEVER do that. The first time they delayed it, i saw a interview in which the interviewer asked if it would be delayed again and he said something like. ''We would have delayed it more if we needed but we don't and we are sure it will be ready.'' Guess he was wrong. So if they needed to delay there would be an outcry, people would be pissed. I wouldn't, if the game is not ready then don't release it. But now it's to late. I would bet my life that even if the game needed more polishing and they needed to delay it again, they wouldn't.

Last edited:
The sad thing is they will NEVER do that. The first time they delayed it, i saw a interview in which the interviewer asked if it would be delayed again and he said something like. ''We would have delayed it more if we needed but we don't and we are sure it will be ready.'' Guess he wrong. So if they needed to delay there would be an outcry, people would be pissed. I wouldn't, if the game is not ready then don't release it. But now it's to late. I would bet my life that even if the game needed more polishing and they needed to delay it again, they wouldn't.

Too be fair they delayed it twice, and the first time they said they wouldn't delay it again. I do think it would be hard after the last delay to do it again though. Especially after the open letter and setting another date.

The sad thing is they will NEVER do that. The first time they delayed it, i saw a interview in which the interviewer asked if it would be delayed again and he said something like. ''We would have delayed it more if we needed but we don't and we are sure it will be ready.'' Guess he wrong. So if they needed to delay there would be an outcry, people would be pissed. I wouldn't, if the game is not ready then don't release it. But now it's to late. I would bet my life that even if the game needed more polishing and they needed to delay it again, they wouldn't.
The game has not to be further delayed. Perfection wouldn't be met even with another year, you simply can't delay forever. Expectations are sky high and they know well that this could be a problem, hence the second delay. Now it's almost ready and they're refining it, most of the bugs and performance related issues will be corrected before launch. Inevitably some of them will be corrected after launch with patches. What I'm trying to say however is there's no point in going crazy every time new material is released; at release date the players will tell if the game is good or great. In the meantime let 'em work :)

The game has not to be further delayed. Perfection wouldn't be met even with another year, you simply can't delay forever. Expectations are sky high and they know well that this could be a problem, hence the second delay. Now it's almost ready and they're refining it, most of the bugs and performance related issues will be corrected before launch. Inevitably some of them will be corrected after launch with patches. What I'm trying to say however is there's no point in going crazy every time new material is released; at release date the players will tell if the game is good or great. In the meantime let 'em work :)

Yep, agreed. When you have a game of this mass and scope its just not practical to reach for perfection. There will always be some bugs and glitches that people will have to endure. What they really want to avoid is an Assassin's Creed or Master Chief situation where the game is just flat out broken. Billion dollar corporations like Ubisoft and MS can shrug off a disaster like that, they'll just throw million of marketing dollars at it. CDPR is a much smaller fish and it lives by its reputation.

Some good points, and I feel it's in the hands of the gods as always. ;) Like @MkTama said, lets leave them to their work so to speak and give them all the energy they need to complete the polishing & bug fixing at hand. Faith, Spirit Moves Through All Things!

Last edited:
Why sex matters in Witcher 3, the Grand Theft Auto of fantasy games

CD Projekt explains why The Witcher 3 has 16 hours (!) of sex scene mo-cap data.

Good article. Also quoting from the article:

"We are establishing that your character was intimate with this woman recently in order to plant in your mind, that, at the very least, he must enjoy her company," Senior Game Designer Damien Monhier said. "Through sex we have shown that this is a person who Geralt would be compelled to chase after if she went missing."

Sex is the quickest way to establish a meaningful relationship between characters, Monhier explained, and to justify Geralt's pursuit of Yennefer. "We couldn't just tell you to go find someone you don't know or care about," he said. "It wouldn't work.""

Made me want to eccentrically laugh lol

Why sex matters in Witcher 3, the Grand Theft Auto of fantasy games

CD Projekt explains why The Witcher 3 has 16 hours (!) of sex scene mo-cap data.

Good article. Also quoting from the article:

"We are establishing that your character was intimate with this woman recently in order to plant in your mind, that, at the very least, he must enjoy her company," Senior Game Designer Damien Monhier said. "Through sex we have shown that this is a person who Geralt would be compelled to chase after if she went missing."

Sex is the quickest way to establish a meaningful relationship between characters, Monhier explained, and to justify Geralt's pursuit of Yennefer. "We couldn't just tell you to go find someone you don't know or care about," he said. "It wouldn't work.""

Made me want to eccentrically laugh lol
View attachment 9905

Attachments

• f8Whd.png
    f8Whd.png
    35.7 KB · Views: 36
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom