The General Videogame Thread

+
Whelp, that's a whole lot of assumptions based on the fact the game is about a vampire who is also a doctor and there will be moral dilemmas. That sounds awesome to me, and also raises a ton of questions (how does a vampire decide "Hey, I'll help my one and only source of food stay alive! Wait, what uncontrollable urges to feed?" for example...) But I hope they learned a bunch of things after Remember Me, which could be a poster child for great ideas gone wrong (or rather, poorly implemented).

wb!

yeah when I was reading the comments I thought the same, it all depends on the execution of the idea. People are too dismissive nowadays.

it's be great if it was a musical

anyone wanna watch some funny 4th wall breaking

Last edited:
So, STAR WARS Republic Commando was released on gog yesterday. I've never played it, but I've heard very positive things about it. Does anyone here have any experience with the game? I'm a huge fan of the SWAT franchise, so I'm wondering if it's anything like it.

Also, bringing @gregski 's attention to it, as it seems like it has a space marine vibe to it.

Last edited:
I played it, back when it was released and had a lot of fun with it. Basically think Brothers in Arms with Clone Troopers, gameplay-wise, but more action-packed like your classic non-WW2 Shooter. Bonding with your squadmates was handled quite well, too, if I remember correctly, had some good narrative moments.

If SWAT is indeed SWAT (as in Special Weapons And Tactics) and not Star Wars A(nother) T(hingie) which I don't know, then no, it's not really like that. Not so tactical, not so focused on planning (talking from my long, long past SWAT3 experience, don't know if there's more to the franchise and if it changed). More like Rainbow Six: Vegas, or, as I mentioned, Brothers in Arms.

talking from my long, long past SWAT3 experience, don't know if there's more to the franchise and if it changed

There's a SWAT 4 that came out in 2004 (I think) and it's most excellent. If you can somehow find a copy of it, I'd highly recommend it, the best in the series imo. There's also an expansion that adds online co-op, which is absolutely fantastic, if you can get a group together, that's willing to play it properly.

Also, thanks for the info on Republic Commando, I think I'll give it a shot, even if I would have loved something a bit more tactical.

Last edited:
So, STAR WARS Republic Commando was released on gog yesterday. I've never played it, but I've heard very positive things about it. Does anyone here have any experience with the game? I'm a huge fan of the SWAT franchise, so I'm wondering if it's anything like it.

Also, bringing @gregski 's attention to it, as it seems like it has a space marine vibe to it.

Second the vote on this game, probably one of the last great Star Wars games to comes from LucasArts. Only thing I wish is that it had an official co-op mode for the campaign. It hasn't aged the greatest, but it's still damn solid and worth picking up.

That Cyberia looks pretty cool and very impressive for such an old game. Very cinematic.

Yeah, it's essentially a lot of prerendered sequences where you can have some interactive parts as well. So it gives an effect of a full 3D game, but it really isn't (you can't control the camera most of the time). Cinematic is a very precise term for it. I remember the game having a dark mood. Some parts are very hard
like when you need to navigate a bot through an infested tunnel:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=v-3kGq6RKYo&t=1h06m23s

Last edited:

Unfortunately, I think us PC peasants will have to wait, but I have faith because the devs brought the first one to GOG.

Top Bottom