Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow! Japanese is definitely one of the hardest languages. I have a classmate who is trying to learn it all by herself, no teachers or anything, but she just loves it.

Oh most of those did end up like that I'm pretty sure.. just simply stupid reality shows.

Yeah I was told when I started my degree by the 4th years that Japanese was hard and I was like "oh I know that I've been studying it for like a year now" but really you don't start realising just how bloody difficult Japanese is until you've been studying it for such a long time and you still can't read sooo many things. It's a fun language to learn but also equally frustrating.

But good luck to your friend! I did the same thing when I was starting with Japanese and taught myself a bit. It's a lot of fun in the beginning :p

Yeah I was told when I started my degree by the 4th years that Japanese was hard and I was like "oh I know that I've been studying it for like a year now" but really you don't start realising just how bloody difficult Japanese is until you've been studying it for such a long time and you still can't read sooo many things. It's a fun language to learn but also equally frustrating.

But good luck to your friend! I did the same thing when I was starting with Japanese and taught myself a bit. It's a lot of fun in the beginning :p

Damn, reading your experience with it, it seems like it can take years to be good at it. I guess it can really make a difference when someone likes tha language they want to learn. :D Like me with english, I just love speaking, writing in english, and I read all my books in english, it's just more fun.

I'll pass the word along :D Yes, she said she thinks it's fun, even have a small excercise book only for the symbols.

I'm gonna parachute here again

Speaking about teacher, do we have an Italian teacher here? I must learn how to speak Italian, and right now I know nothing

View attachment 10008

But on a more serious note, you may want to check in here too just in case. :)

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/16040-ITALY-The-witcher-italia

Oh wow! Japanese is definitely one of the hardest languages. I have a classmate who is trying to learn it all by herself, no teachers or anything, but she just loves it.

Oh most of those did end up like that I'm pretty sure.. just simply stupid reality shows.

While not easy, I feel that Japanese is easier than some of the other Asian languages. Pronunciation is easy as almost everything is based around the 5 basic vowel sounds (Ah Eh Ee Oh Oo). Katakana and hiragana are pretty easy to pick up, but the difficulty comes from kanji (and even then there are far less in Japanese compared to Chinese), so writing is definitely more challenging than speaking the language in my opinion. Another thing that takes some getting use to is speaking 'backwards' compared to the European based languages. Anyways, good luck to your friend!

Attachments

• n2mTIvI.jpg
    n2mTIvI.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 47
But what is he really saying?

He was talking about is daily life with his brother-in-law. I never knew if the man was playing a character or he was so. But he represented hick and redneck Spanish people, who can not properly speak the language and understand nothing of modern life.

Sad.

---------- Updated at 06:29 PM ----------

Must to add that he is laughing of his brother-in-law while audience are laughing of him.

I guess those who seek shall find it.

So, I found an Italian teacher here in my city. I'll start next month. Individual classes huh uh!

@SephiraV Some people told me that in Italy people say a lot the word "prego", what does it mean?

Update:
Hahahah I watched the video, I think we are on the same level of Italian.

Last edited:
I guess those who seek shall find it.

So, I found an Italian teacher here in my city. I'll start next month. Individual classes huh uh!

@SephiraV Some people told me that in Italy people say a lot the word "prego", what does it mean?
Well, that's a great news then!

Well first of all prego means "You're welcome".Used when someone says "Grazie" (Thanks) and you want to reply, there are other replies, but prego is a standard word.
Other uses:
- If someone can't understand you, they can say "Prego?" (What do you mean?), formal use.
- Used also in reastaurant, when a waiter say "Prego?" (What you'd like?), formal use.
- When a person let you pass before him he can say "Prego" , it sounds like an invitation)

Nitpicking time: there's also a verb, "pregare" which means "to pray", so "prego" in this case means "I pray", 1st singular person.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom