Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that's a great news then!

Well first of all prego means "You're welcome".Used when someone says "Grazie" (Thanks) and you want to reply, there are other replies, but prego is a standard word.
Nitpicking time: there's also a verb, "pregare" which means "to pray", so "prego" in this case means "I pray", 1st singular person.

Nitpicking time x2: what type of hand gesture would be appropriate when saying 'prego'?

Edit: and in the USA if someone says 'Prego' then this is what most people will think of:

View attachment 10023

Attachments

• large_121424.jpg
    large_121424.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Nitpicking time x2: what type of hand gesture would be appropriate when saying 'prego'?
I updated the post :p

Other uses:
- If someone can't understand you, they can say "Prego?" (What do you mean?), formal use.
- Used also in reastaurant, when a waiter say "Prego?" (What you'd like?), formal use.
- When a person let you pass before him he can say "Prego" , it sounds like an invitation)

Anyway, when there's the "invitation" gesture, it consist in open hand, palm up, moved gently from left to right. (if you use right hand)

Last edited:
Nothing like having a clear conversation, no matter the language....

Ugh, my cat made me immune to joy videos like these can give... If he is not god-knows-where on adventure or in my house eating breakfast/lunch or dinner, he is in front of my house right under my window, guarding territory i guess, and every other day I have to yell from the window or get out to chase away some stray cat or separate them.

Here he is on the car from summer time, probably screaming "get out of my Sun already!"

Attachments

• 2014-10-02 12.56.47.jpg
    2014-10-02 12.56.47.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 63
The night is dark and full of boredom! :rofl:

You are right... There is nothing left to do but go insurgent! What's that, it's friday night, I should be out?? I can't hear you over the sound of my AK-47!!
In 30 minute, Hoch has to do... something. Whatever it is, I'm sure it's halal.
Up for it? Saggy is away tonight btw

Oh and forgot, if anyone else plays Insurgency, we could make some Witcher forum party tonight hehe, feel free to PM

Last edited:
You are right... There is nothing left to do but go insurgent! What's that, it's friday night, I should be out?? I can't hear you over the sound of my AK-47!!
In 30 minute, Hoch has to do... something. Whatever it is, I'm sure it's halal.
Up for it? Saggy is away tonight btw

Oh and forgot, if anyone else plays Insurgency, we could make some Witcher forum party tonight hehe, feel free to PM

Eh, not tonight. I'm trying to work my way through my games backlog. Have fun though!

The night is dark and full of boredom!

My night is kinda spooky today, if you are arachnophobic. I have just rescued a spider lost in my bedroom. I've never seen a spider so aggressive like this one, not even on TV. I put it inside a plastic pot, and every time my hands approached the pot the spider jumped towards my hands.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom