Character Customization!

+
I'd say it REALLY depends.
We're all still judging "punk" appearance by 1980's standards. Who's to say what will be "punk" in 2077?
What was "punk" in 1880? It certainly wasn't piercings and neon hair.

As to the girl, I certainly wouldn't throw her outta bed, but not sure I'd want to kiss her.

Last edited:
I have always had a thing for the alternative "looks". Especially anything that is, or at the very least what I thought/felt looked like, Goth. There are of course numerous different "versions" of the Goth look, so I will just use it as a general term and say that I like most of those styles to one degree or another.

So if it was possible to make your character have a "Goth-like" look (with or without my own vision of what that look is), even if putting on armour would probably conseal it compleatly (since I would still know "it was there"), then I would be pretty happy with the character customization.

One simple word - Options.

You should be able to create anything from a Skid Row bum to a Monte Carlo sophisticate to a suit-an-tie Corp Whore to a Borg.

This will probably be one of their biggest challenges doing CP2077. Character customization is CRITICAL to the game.

I could do without all of those piercings in her face, but otherwise, she's very pretty.

Yes, not too much of a fan of all that "hardware implanted in the face" but yeah, she's pretty. And It's not like those piercings that make a huge gap in the cheeks or nose, those do irk me. And I love the colors, turquoise/teal tones are my favorite. She also has a pretty shaved head.

Last edited:
I want limitless customization. Like Saints Row IV. I want a wide range of voices (if possible). So there would be so many possible variations for a created character.

As for choosing skill and so, I prefer that to be after we start playing the game. I like choosing certain character types and their backstories before the game. But as for their skills and their preferable fight styles, I prefer to choose that after I've had a look of how they look like in-game and which one I'd prefer for this game.

CDPR, this is your first time with character creation. I trust you to make it the best possible. Limitless, unique, and full of meaning. Good luck ;)

Multiple voice actors gets EXPENSIVE fast.
The way you could tweak the tone of the voice in Saints Row IV was VERY cleaver!

Last edited:
Frankly, i dont mind much if my character is not given a voice like the first dragon age.

I would infinitly prefer focus on more outfits, weapons, or ways to use such. Different learnable combat styles would be quite a boon.

I also would like very much to see FBC's early on, but with the simple fact of being civilian grade, IE a sports one or one meant to help climb or do specific things (perhaps a tech one with built in tools in an arm socket, for example)

Later on with wealth and power could unlock additional FBC's with more combat oriented use if one desires. OR continue as peice by peice you borg more.

I would also like to see a good number of hair options, including, frankly, hair that goes past the shoulder. Many games take the lazy route and make hair never move, (looking at you skyrim/oblivion/fallout). Now i understand its difficult to make flowing hair, an option or two would be nice, at least an attempt, such as twin-tails, braids, or flowing hair down ones back.

Clothing wise, i would like to see a fair number of practical outfits as well. As an added idea to keep relevency, i would like to see the option to sew kevlar panels into clothing. Granted it woul be visible on things such as a tanktop or t-shirt, but far harder to detect on a longer coat or thick jacket.

Character size is also a want of mine, at least within reason. Playing through with the exact same height every game annoys me sometimes. Even if its just 3 or 4 options, (waif, short, average, tall, etc) I would appreciate it.

Frankly, i dont mind much if my character is not given a voice

I wouldn't mind it at all. I prefer the character not tohave voice acting. It only poses an additional and unnecessary layer of pre-characterization upon the PC that limits him/her only to the personalities allowed by the VO.

I think this goes against the ideal of creating ones own character, and if VA is absolutely insisted, they might as well predefine the characters outlook. Either way is fine by itself, but I do think it should be either a predefined PC (there's no point at all in molding his body or face to unsuit the voice set for vanitys sake) or completely refinable by the player with no voice to hamper what the player has in mind.

For my part I'd be overjoyed with a "Saints Row IV" style system. That way they only need a couple voice actors for accent reasons and you can tweak to taste. While I certainly have no objections to a voiceless character I'd be very, VERY, surprised to see the game go this way.

I'd like to be able to change the angle and width of eyebrows lol. I hate when most presets give you the innocent/about to cry expression in most other games with character creation and for some reason they don't let you change them. Also believable beards!!

Also a bit old game but Age of Conan's character creation was awesome and still better than most.

In SR2 not only you could fine tune the eyebrows shape and position, but you were also given the option of giving your character a kind of permanent facial expression. This didn't really change anything that I know of in cutscenes, where the character model you made had to emote the same gestures that had been mocapped or programmed for every other character, your character only had that facial expression during gameplay: you could give him a smirk, an angry face, etc.

Attachments

• XGVLqEJ.jpg
    XGVLqEJ.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 50
That would be pretty cool since you don't have any humanity loss for the hardware you'll add on your wheelchair.

In SR2 not only you could fine tune the eyebrows shape and position, but you were also given the option of giving your character a kind of permanent facial expression. This didn't really change anything that I know of in cutscenes, where the character model you made had to emote the same gestures that had been mocapped or programmed for every other character, your character only had that facial expression during gameplay: you could give him a smirk, an angry face, etc.

Never played any SR game, not a fan of too much fun :D

Sounds good tho if facial expressions were to be implemented, it shouldn't be determined in character creation but from how you roleplay throughout the game.

Well, one customization option I hope they have is the option to go totally non-cybered. It's actually fun to be totally human and still take out cybered up opponents.

hopefully the character is created as lara croft and etc, not like skyrim and fallout where you create, I believe when you create your character loses the game immersion

Top Bottom