gravedigger`s gratitude vs the autopsy

+
gravedigger`s gratitude vs the autopsy

Now these two quests are tricky. I`ve read over the internet that the "gravedigger`s gratitued" has nothing to do with the autopsy. But following the story it has, it will give you more evidence that Jarved is the killer. Now comes the best part, if you choose to do the autopsy it will exonerate all the suspects including thaler, which if you want to find him innocent by asking shani and she will tell who he actually is, so you can`t gain access to the cemetery from both thaler and vicent for extra experience, on the other hand if i choose the gravedigger first, i`ll get permition from vicent and loose experience from thaler, learn about the body and Raymond and shouldn`t accuse raymond who he actually is yet. Now a little help, how should i proceed?

I see that the missions gravedigger's gratitude can be obtained after you clear a few suspects, so that`s why is tricky. So after clearing a few suspects, i have informations for now that Leuvardeen and Vicent are innocents but i don`t want to tell them yet, go to Raymond for proceeding with the autopsy and then what? Following the story after the autopsy you do the gravedigger`s gratitude mission learn the truth for extra experience and then face raymond/azar,

I want to do the autopsy, exonerate Thaler from Shani gain both acces to the cemetary from Thaler and Vicent find Raymond`s body.

Last edited:
Exonerate Thaler first, works for me.

You need to find a "mysterious man" loitering outside Thaler's door. Then go have a long talk with Thaler. There's a long, convoluted dialogue, at the end of which you are convinced that Thaler is innocent.

As for XP, forget the XP. You've already been told not to believe the Wiki when it comes to XP.

But i was thinking, take the autopsy go to the digger, then to shani, back to digger give him booze, get the body, do the autopsy, party, exonerate via shani, take both access, take gravedigger`s missions, find the body and voila, managed to take everything :D

But i was thinking, take the autopsy go to the digger, then to shani, back to digger give him booze, get the body, do the autopsy, party, exonerate via shani, take both access, take gravedigger`s missions, find the body and voila, managed to take everything :D

Getting so far as the party forces you to have already cleared Thaler.

If you do the autopsy, you will implicate Ramsmeat, Kalkstein, or Azar Javed, and clear all the others. If you find Raymond's corpse, you will implicate Azar Javed and clear all the others. However you get there, Thaler is already cleared before you get to Shani's party.

Since you're trying for total completion, I'll give you another spoiler relevant to that. It's early in Act III.

If you want to complete both Yaevinn's and Siegfried's Act III quests, do both BEFORE playing "A Posh Reception".

Last edited:
So to put in other words, Thaler no longer can`t be exonerated via Shani? And if so, Shani will no longer tell you about Thaler? OR she will still tell you about him, and will be added informations into journal-characters about Thaler?

So to put in other words, Thaler no longer can`t be exonerated via Shani? And if so, Shani will no longer tell you about Thaler? OR she will still tell you about him, and will be added informations into journal-characters about Thaler?

Shani will still tell you about her date with Thaler. Only the quest "Suspect: Thaler" is off the table.

Damn wikis outdated....Also i`ve read that in chapter 3 you have to choose between killing or not Vicent. If you don`t kill him he`ll help you and also if not cured will attack in werewolf form which is cool, choose between less exp + werewolf or more exp + normal vicent.. But if you don`t kill him you can`t take predator skill. So is a way to cheat the game or is there a cheat because it would be awesome to keep him alive and get the predator skill, same for the striga heart. I saw that there are some mods made, but aren`t there any that works without starting over?

Last edited:
Damn wikis outdated....Also i`ve read that in chapter 3 you have to choose between killing or not Vicent. If you don`t kill him he`ll help you and also if not cured will attack in werewolf form which is cool, choose between less exp + werewolf or more exp + normal vicent.. But if you don`t kill him you can`t take predator skill. So is a way to cheat the game or is there a cheat because it would be awesome to keep him alive and get the predator skill, same for the striga heart. I saw that there are some mods made, but aren`t there any that works without starting over?

Moderator: I would avoid characterizing it as the "damn wiki". It is maintained by volunteers who have put a lot of effort into it. Insulting them in that manner is really not on.

The very intent of the game is to prevent you from doing exactly what you propose to do.

In this game, your choices have consequences, and those consequences are both irreversible and affect how the game plays well after your decision. So if you kill the werewolf or the striga, the consequence of this will be on your head.

You can mod the game; some mods can be applied without starting over.

You can keep saves and replay the game from decision points, such as before you kill or don't kill the werewolf.

But the intent of the game is that you cannot avoid the consequences of your decisions.

Sorry about wiki thing, So can you recommend me mods for striga heart and werewolf fur, without starting over?

I`ve found this mod http://www.gog.com/forum/the_witcher/mod_unofficial_patch_1_5_1, it seems that you just had to copy the files you want in my case the striga and werewolf files, and the characters will give you the fur and the potion. But i want you to check if they work, it seems you have a lot of "saves" from each chapter, so you could check for me, it shouldn`t take more than 5 minutes, i would appreciate. Also i have FCR and RotWW installed so...

Last edited:
Top Bottom