The Yennefer/Triss choice in TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that different from TW2's Triss(In TW1 her character was more like Yen so I won't count TW1 atm). She has a bond with other sorcerers(maybe some shady stuff also) and they are some kind of a family to her, even if she wanted she couldn't defy them without the strong support of certain someone. In the books her character was weaker than Yen, yes and also she didn't have some other person to rely on to save her life if she acted bravely and got in danger. Yen is brave but she also had Geralt. In the games with the absence of Yen, Triss could rely on Geralt and was more brave but now she prolly knows that Yen returned again; knowing Geralt she set off to save her "family" I think.

Unless her shady stuff contradicts, she's a perfectly nice person.

Wrong. Assuming that the lodge knew about Yenn been in Nilfgaard Triss must be aware of this too. Unless she has lost the trust from lodge. Though she act like she didn't.

Yenn never was relying on person who has left her for 3 years and didn't bother to find her after Sodden Hill battle when she was almost dead :) She preffer to relly only on one person - herself.

If Triss is going to save her family and if you mean the secret lodge then it's another betrayal. Or should I remind you what plans this lodge has for Yenn and Ciri? So I hope she is after something other than saving lodge.

---------- обновленный 10:49 ----------

I think to Geralt; Fringilla was the hot sorceress who was at hand's reach during that time he couldn't continue on his journey. He wasn't even gonna say goodbye to her. In my opinion there is no argument :D that Triss means more to him, he showed friendly affection during that hard time and she looked after Ciri after all. Calling Yen's name during sex means nothing but he wished she were Yen, actually an insult to her. If Geralt had to choose between Fringilla and Triss, I'd give the edge to Triss.

If it would be just sex I think it would be Fringilla :) it's weird to have sex with your friend don't you think? Though Triss thinks other way 0_o

Come on leave triss alone !!!!
She is a good Friend as well as she as her desires and some goal that defines her as a sorceresses

Last edited:
Friends with benefits ... :wub: no matter what you say i let TW3 surprise me! Yes i ve read the books
(already reread them now :p )

Come on ... who would friendzone Triss? No one unless you re a heartless beast! :p :p

Come on leave triss alone !!!!
She is a good Friend as well as her desires and some goal that defines her as a sorceresses

Ok. I'll leave you live in world of lie and betrayal of Triss. Anyway I've said what I wanted to say and don't see any point in to escalating conflict in this thread :D I wish all of you a great time with you choice in the game when it will be released and I hope CD-Project won't dissapoint any of us Triss or Yenn fans ^^.

Not behind her back? Like she didn't know who was Geralt or that he was with Yenn? Yeah, he run away as always from Yenn at that time but it's a poor excuse for having sex with him. Also Geralt has no feeling apart been friends with Triss. When he asked her to come to Kaer Morhen she was hoping to have sex with him but he refuse her. And when she was nursing her during their journey from Kaer Morhen one of the dwarf has said Ciri to never make same mistake as Triss to take frindship care as something more. So yes, once there was sex between Triss and Geralt but it was only one time and I think Geralt is regretting this. Because Triss is just friend to him not more.

And things that happened between them during The Witcher 2 game is on dev's conscience. I think in book Geralt would rather have sex with Fringilia Vigo and call her Yenn than make this to Triss.

It's not like Geralt and Yen are married or something. They have a complicated relationship and as I said it's a pretty open one at that.
They both might sleep around while they are not together, but this doesn't make it cheating, that's just how it is between them. Also Geralt knew what he was doing when he was with Triss.

As per the books, Yen is the one he will always choose, no matter what, and Triss knows that, so she has accepted that fate.

In the events in the games where Geralt also sleeps with Triss, that's not cheating. Yen is presumed missing or even dead.
He might have hope of finding her and not giving up on the search for her, but that doesn't mean he would just get into a depression and cry himself to sleep, just because Yen is not there. Life doesn't end at that, so he moves on.

In the game, I'm pretty confident that you could go both ways, Yen or Triss. The choice would be yours and the consequences as well, thus I'll definitely play the game at least twice to see what happens.

Wrong. Assuming that the lodge knew about Yenn been in Nilfgaard Triss must be aware of this too. Unless she has lost the trust from lodge. Though she act like she didn't.

Yenn never was relying on person who has left her for 3 years and didn't bother to find her after Sodden Hill battle when she was almost dead She preffer to relly only on one person - herself.

If Triss is going to save her family and if you mean the secret lodge then it's another betrayal. Or should I remind you what plans this lodge has for Yenn and Ciri? So I hope she is after something other than saving lodge.

Yen didn't rely on Geralt cos she thought she didn't need his help. She's much more powerful of a sorceress than Triss. But Triss had to have someone to rely on so she could do anything she's "not supposed to". She doesn't have Yen's confidence nor the means.

Another betrayal! It seems so but ıt's not that shallow. They are being threatened by genocide whether all in one place or one by one. You can hate the lodge - I hate the lodge but it's not easy for Triss to ignore them, because they're her kind, because of her character or whatever else reason. I guess eventually she'll make a choice about that betrayal.

If it would be just sex I think it would be Fringilla it's weird to have sex with your friend don't you think? Though Triss thinks other way 0_o

Heh. İt's not like she's Geralt's sister. He had her before. He had to show "friendly affections" cos he was in love with Yen.

Some of you say that Triss is as powerful as Yen (or more, depending how in love you are of her) but in Kaer Morhen,after connecting with Ciri,she didn't explain nothing to the witchers but that Ciri needs the surveillence of Yennefer (she don't name her but Geralt knows who she is talking about).

Triss nice persone? who in Geralt's world is a nice persone? Even Nenekke has her own interests.

Last edited:
If those two get into a cat fight, it will definitely be a spectacle to remember.
I just wouldn't want to be close when that happens, might get blown away. :)

It's not like Geralt and Yen are married or something. They have a complicated relationship and as I said it's a pretty open one at that.
They both might sleep around while they are not together, but this doesn't make it cheating, that's just how it is between them. Also Geralt knew what he was doing when he was with Triss.

As per the books, Yen is the one he will always choose, no matter what, and Triss knows that, so she has accepted that fate.

In the events in the games where Geralt also sleeps with Triss, that's not cheating. Yen is presumed missing or even dead.
He might have hope of finding her and not giving up on the search for her, but that doesn't mean he would just get into a depression and cry himself to sleep, just because Yen is not there. Life doesn't end at that, so he moves on.

In the game, I'm pretty confident that you could go both ways, Yen or Triss. The choice would be yours and the consequences as well, thus I'll definitely play the game at least twice to see what happens.
To be precise, at the beginning of TW2 Geralt does not ever remember about Yen.. She comes to his mind later, in fact while on the board towards Flotsam he asks Triss to tell him everything, and according to what we can understand from the game, she does that with honesty ;)

If those two get into a cat fight, it will definitely be a spectacle to remember.
I just wouldn't want to be close when that happens, might get blown away. :)

Both too much smart for fallingin a down trap like that. Mud fight? that's would be a good Playboy cenral poster... needness for the story? doubt it.

Oh, well, people have done much worse for love. :D

I like Triss and I like Yen and I want too see how they behave around each other and around Geralt.
Man, CDPR have one tough job here. :)

Let's chill out a bit.

Yen didn't rely on Geralt cos she thought she didn't need his help. She's much more powerful of a sorceress than Triss. But Triss had to have someone to rely on so she could do anything she's "not supposed to". She doesn't have Yen's confidence nor the means.

Another betrayal! It seems so but ıt's not that shallow. They are being threatened by genocide whether all in one place or one by one. You can hate the lodge - I hate the lodge but it's not easy for Triss to ignore them, because they're her kind, because of her character or whatever else reason. I guess eventually she'll make a choice about that betrayal.

Heh. İt's not like she's Geralt's sister. He had her before. He had to show "friendly affections" cos he was in love with Yen.

More likely he wanted to show that it was a mistake to sleep with her and he don't want to repeat this :\

Guest 3782876

It would be funny to see them fighting for Geralt, with magic, of course. :hmm:

Both too much smart for fallingin a down trap like that. Mud fight? that's would be a good Playboy cenral poster... needness for the story? doubt it.

I don't believe they'll get into a fight or something, they are way too smart for this. They won't kill each other over man, especially when so much more is at stake. And all 3 of them love Ciri, so even if there are any differences, they'll put them behind, even if it's just for her sake.

Though there might be some slight teasing in the dialogs. :)

Didn't they get in a fight on the way to Rivia, toward the end of Lady of the Lake? Would have resulted in more serious injuries, if they hadn't been overtaken by events. Yennefer certainly wasn't going to let Triss get away with shagging Geralt then, and unless her memory is impaired or she did some serious mellowing out, I don't think she'd be understanding this time, either.

Last edited:
I don't believe they'll get into a fight or something, they are way too smart for this. They won't kill each other over man, especially when so much more is at stake. And all 3 of them love Ciri, so even if there are any differences, they'll put them behind, even if it's just for her sake.

Though there might be some slight teasing in the dialogs. :)

That's fit a lot better than inmature jealosuy fights ;)

Didn't they get in a fight on the way to Rivia, toward the end of Lady of the Lake? Would have resulted in more serious injuries, if they hadn't been overtaken by events.
Yes they did, Yen was really angry with Triss for what had happened earlier and then it went on Triss' past "relationship" and with Yen saying "You're not here to meet a former lover", it wasn't however, the main reason.

Didn't they get in a fight on the way to Rivia, toward the end of Lady of the Lake? Would have resulted in more serious injuries, if
they hadn't been overtaken by events.

Then... It seems after that Triss left her fears behind and become more mature and brave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom