The Yennefer/Triss choice in TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Book Geralt never had comparable feels for Triss as for Yenn, neither Triss did the enormous sacrifices Yen did for him and for Ciri.

And yes, game Triss has evolved and put a lot for Geralt in games... cause Yenn is absent in a design decission so is pretty unfair to make it a Yennefer mistake.
We are talking games and books here. You can't ignore the games. Geralt chose Yen in the books, but he is not the same person after the amnesia and neither is his relationship with Triss. I don't think Yen is the same either, since she also had amnesia.
Yen made the sacrifices for Geralt and Ciri, and Geralt also made sacrifices for Yen and Ciri in the books. Geralt's true emotional relationship with Triss was not developed in the books, it was developed in the games.
I will cease arguing further, because some Yen and Triss fans have already made their choice even without playing the Witcher 3 :)

Last edited:
because some Yen fans have already made their choice even without playing the Witcher 3

Because we see the Witcher 3 as a sequel to the books (even though it is not canon to the books) so we will try to role-play the Book Geralt, because that would make the most sense story-wise (considering he has all his memories back now), but this is purely a player decision.

True, Triss and Geralt's relationship developed throughout the games, but I doubt the Geralt we know will go back to her once his memories are back so I will choose what the Book Geralt would choose, this is still an RPG so you can still choose Triss over Yennefer, but I personally won't choose her on my first playthrough :p

I would only choose her on a "non-canon" playthrough, but that is just me.

because some Yen [and Triss] fans have already made their choice even without playing the Witcher 3

Geralt did, more than once in the books and even at the start of the game. Geralt offered the Wild Hunt his life in exchange for hers, so without that exchange the games wouldn't even exist in this form and he wouldn't have amnesia in the first place. So basically because he offers his own life for Yen, he makes it possible that Triss gets a chance, kinda ironical.

And those "you can't ignore the games"-argument. Yes, we can't ignore them, but it isn't the first time that Geralt had some kind of "replacement", so it's not exactly new for most of us and we all know the outcome from that and so does Geralt now.

It should be also common knowledge that he thought in TW1 that Triss is his former lover and yet nobody corrects him, so if Geralt thought Triss = Yennefer, is he really loving Triss then? He just mixed them up, because nobody is telling him who the heck Yennefer is.

I played both games once before i read the books, so i was in the same situation as Geralt. I had "amnesia" and i couldn't remember anything from the books, so i didn't know who Yennefer was exactly, so of course i went with Triss. That was just my "natural reaction" to all of this, i never really questioned the relationship, because everything seemed like it was supposed to be.
She seemed nice and i didn't really thought much about it or the consequences, but after reading the books, this matter gets a whole new meaning.

So i think this must be the same for Geralt now. He didn't really know who Yennefer was in the first 2 games until the very end, so he went with Triss (no matter what you did in TW1, you end up in bed with Triss at the start of TW2 and you are in a relationship with her, so that's canon from the games, everything else is variable), because he thought that was the status quo before he had amnesia, so did i as player, but then he realizes later that this was not really correct and thus the conflict arises.

Ok. I'll leave you live in world of lie and betrayal of Triss. Anyway I've said what I wanted to say and don't see any point in to escalating conflict in this thread :D I wish all of you a great time with you choice in the game when it will be released and I hope CD-Project won't dissapoint any of us Triss or Yenn fans ^^.
Well I wasn't trying to be supportive to triss but their is a limit in this thread talking bad about a character where u just fucked in the TW2
But if u think I am interested in her then your wrong I am actually interested in Francesca findabir (I seriously what to fuck the elven whore so much and I'd they have not made her beautiful then I swear I will use mods to make her "hentai" beautiful like in skyrim)

And no to assure your statement about her didnt offened my feelings

Last edited:
We are talking games and books here. You can't ignore the games. Geralt chose Yen in the books, but he is not the same person after the amnesia and neither is his relationship with Triss. I don't think Yen is the same either, since she also had amnesia.
Yen made the sacrifices for Geralt and Ciri, and Geralt also made sacrifices for Yen and Ciri in the books. Geralt's true emotional relationship with Triss was not developed in the books, it was developed in the games.
I will cease arguing further, because some Yen and Triss fans have already made their choice even without playing the Witcher 3 :)

I'm not ignoring the games, in my last post i was clear i did enjoy the games but it's tricky: they don't give a choice cause Yen is absent, you are forced to share your moments with Triss and Geralt isn't the same DURING the amnesia, when memories and Yen are back the Geralt i know, books or games, have only one choice and one path.

P.S: And i really expect there's the choice to go with Triss, or neither of em, etc in the game cause i understand non readers and people who prefer Triss deserves that option in a media where that choices are available.

To late too XD XD

and EPIC make-up sex would be EPIC hm? *smirk*

Yes, I admit....Fringilla is love, Fringilla is life :D
But maybe Geralt is tired of sorceresses...Maybe he just want some piece and quiet, to spend rest of his life in Kaer Morhen...Or in some brothel in Pont Vanis, for that matter :D

Don't you really mean Geralt had been living TIRED by all that for more than 20 years yet? ;) Dammit fate!

Last edited:
This is a RPG and all that but I could never say "my Geralt". First playthrough with TW2; I asked myself "What would Geralt do?" on every decision, decided accordingly.

Very interesting play style I might tried this way for 2nd ending. :) But
Unfortunately Geralt got infected in his soul transfered from gamepad by player like me. ^^ Poor Geralt is in my command!!!
Welcome to the dark side...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom