IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - Upcoming RED/GOG Account Merge

+
I understand that legals issues push to this merge.

But would I be wrong if I assume that the closer release of TW3 and the outburst numbers of downloads in G.O.G. and, at the same time, the avalanche of conections here in the forum, forces CDPR for searching a easier way to handle removing all useless duplicities?

I very beg your pardon for my English here. Hope you understand me :p

So when the merge happens which of my passwords am I going to have to remember? My GOG password or forums one? Well tbh I'll probably change it to something completely different anyway to be safe.

beg your pardon for my English here. Hope you understand me :p

Not to pre-empt an official response, just to tell you you make perfect sense to me, and I would say your assumption has a generally valid network optimisation aspect, though I obviously can't declare it relevant in this particular situation. Similarly I can't declare the following to be applicable, but I have seen internal company networks where although customer data is kept encrypted in storage it travels a convoluted network in plain text, requiring a blackhat to simply position a certain tool within that network, which can be accomplished surreptitiously by numerous means, and proceed to gather up all the data.

I seriously doubt such an erroneous setup exists at the well established, and probably battle hardened already, GOG.

Just emphasising what I think you were pointing out... that there are many perfectly good reasons to make this change. Can't blame people for being suspicious though, in these times of blatant & common knowledge top down corruption regarding our personal data, where "possession is nine tenths of the law" seems to have infected people brains regarding the privacy of the individual.

Hi

I read about hte merge and I'm VERY confused. I explain why:

I have 1 'arkray' account at gog with my paid games, but it is linked to another email.

Here at the forum I'm also 'arkray' but the forums email account is another one, that ALSO has an account at gog, with another user name, but it has only free games and I use it from job from time to time.

Question is, HOW are you gonna merge the accounts? email? user name? What will happen to me? I do not want to lose my arkray account at GOG as 'arkray', it is important to me, but I neither want to use my 'games' email at forums, I do not use that email at all, it is only linked to steam and gog :(

Somebody enlighten me please :( :( :(

Thanks!!!

The merge is going to be made by email. So if you want your forum account to be linked to your main gog account, make sure both accounts share the same email.

The merge is going to be made by email. So if you want your forum account to be linked to your main gog account, make sure both accounts share the same email.

I do NOT want!!!!!

So forum-arkray will be changed to the gog user name?

and gog-arkray will remain?

I do NOT want!!!!!

So forum-arkray will be changed to the gog user name?

Yes, the name of the GOG account will be used.

You could contact GOG support for a name swap between your two GOG accounts. Don't know for sure if that's possible though.

Yes, the name of the GOG account will be used.

You could contact GOG support for a name swap between your two GOG accounts. Don't know for sure if that's possible though.

I'm ok with that, I rather prefer to keep the gog-arkray as a steam-arkray's sibling.

Actually, I'm not sure now what this forum account name will have if I merge, because I have two 'free' gog accounts.... need to check...

Well, I created another GOG account with same username and e-mail I use on this forum...Everything works fine after merging...For now :)

I had an idea :)

I'll change email from gog account and I'll create a new one with this forums email account.... *crossesfingers*

I have a gazillion of gmail accounts to swap :facepalm:

EDIT: it didn't work. I can no tcreate a new acount with an 'already used' email. But now I do not have a gog account with this forums email, if I accept themerge, wiill it create a new gog acount, or is it gonna crash monumentally?

I fear the second option

Last edited:
@Arkray In the case that your main gog account uses the same name as your forum account, but a different e-mail, your forum account will be merged with the gog account that has the same e-mail and it will use that gog account's username and password. If you don't have a gog account with the same e-mail as your RED forum account, but your RED forum username is taken on gog, then your username on this forum will have a few numbers added to it at the end, and you will be able to use it on gog as well as a brand new account.

@Ljesnjanin The merge will happen on March 9th. Currently, your two accounts are seperate, even if they share the same credentials, and have not undergone it.

Last edited:
@Arkray In the case that your main gog account uses the same name as your forum account, but a different e-mail, your forum account will be merged with the gog account that has the same e-mail and it will use that gog account's username and password. If you don't have a gog account with the same e-mail as your RED forum account, but your RED forum username is taken on gog, then your username on this forum will have a few numbers added to it at the end, and you will be able to use it on gog as well.

@Ljesnjanin The merge will happen on March 9th. Currently, your two accounts are seperate, even if they share the same credentials, and have not undergone it.

I changed email at gog, I didnt want that user name, I can be too creative when I create 'garbage' accounts. Now I can't create a new gog account with the forums email because it has been 'used'.

I still get the merge question when I log in the forum, what will happen now? the email adres _is_ in gog system....

I changed email at gog, I didnt want that user name, I can be too creative when I create 'garbage' accounts. Now I can't create a new gog account with the forums email because it has been 'used'.

I still get the merge question when I log in the forum, what will happen now? the email adres _is_ in gog system....

Basically, if you accept the merge and have a gog account that has the same e-mail as your RED forum account, then, come March 9th, that gog username and password become your RED forum username and password.

Basically, if you accept the merge and have a gog account that has the same e-mail as your RED forum account, then, come March 9th, that gog username and password become your RED forum username and password.

But now there is none with it as the primary email. I changed it!!! My idea was create one by myself, but the email is already in the database and I can't create a new one.

So if I merge will the merge proces create a new gog account with my forums email adress, a thing I'm quite sure could happen becasue nobody has programed that part, or it wil crash, a thing I'm sure will happen.

And yes, I'm a computer programer, exceptions only crash or have unintended results.

EDIT: and I want current email in the forum, is the one linked to all forums (and spam btw)

Last edited:
I know, but some people reported problems after accepting merge...

There were some website updates, like the new Notifications bar, which were causing issues for some people, not the merge. I'm sure that will have its own set of issues when it happens, though.

But now there is none with it as the primary email. I changed it!!! My idea was create one by myself, but the email is already in the database and I can't create a new one.

So if I merge will the merge proces create a new gog account with my forums email adress, a thing I'm quite sure could happen becasue nobody has programed that part, or it wil crash, a thing I'm sure will happen.

And yes, I'm a computer programer, exceptions only crash or have unintended results.

Probably something @Eri94 or gog tech support can answer, I don't know how gog handles e-mails that used to be linked to accounts but have been changed.

Normally, if no gog account is using your RED forum e-mail, then a new gog account with the same credentials should automatically be created when the merge happens.

Last edited:
Thank you. I'll contact @Eri94

---------- Updated at 04:44 PM ----------

I think I'll have a laugh attack, or better a cry one....

I tried again to create a gog account with the forums email adrees and this time it let me do it (time to refresh cache I think)

I created "arkray_gog"

I created it with the same password than forum.

I deleted all cookies and I log into the forum

I accepted the merge button

and now here I'm still arkray!!! WTF!

and my arkray account at gog is still there with my games and the other email account...

arkray_gog is there with the forums email adress...

and here in the forum I no longer have a 'merge' button in the upper side...

What the hell did happen? :wall:

Forum's user should have to be 'arkray_gog', I want it to be arkray_gog... :(

The merge will happen on March 9th, at the moment you just accepted the upcoming merge, nothing more. Changes to username and password will happen on March 9th.

Top Bottom