RPG elements of TW3

+
I totally agree. In fact, at least on dark mode, I wish they would have used some form of level scaling for the monster hunts and main quests so I can go about enjoying the game while trying to see/do everything without worrying about overleveling content.

I don't think over-leveling will make it so that when you return to earlier areas you'll completely squash the enemy. CDPR mentioned that since there isn't level scaling, enemy numbers would scale with your level. E.g. you're level 1, and go up against three wolves in a swamp. At level 35, when you return to the swamp you will find much more than 3 wolves waiting for you. At least I think that's how it works.

So Dark mode would probably mean getting swarmed with more wolves, maybe? Possibly.

I don't think over-leveling will make it so that when you return to earlier areas you'll completely squash the enemy. CDPR mentioned that since there isn't level scaling, enemy numbers would scale with your level. E.g. you're level 1, and go up against three wolves in a swamp. At level 35, when you return to the swamp you will find much more than 3 wolves waiting for you. At least I think that's how it works.

So Dark mode would probably mean getting swarmed with more wolves, maybe? Possibly.

I like the idea. It'll be like that in Pillars of Eternity: higher difficulty levels will mean more enemies/more varied types of enemies per battle.

defintely agree. nothing's worse than not having that satisfaction of taking down a weak monster in a few hits after having run into it 30 hours ago and being the same pain in the ass. It's just soo unrewarding.
I also wouldn't worry about being overpowered. CDPR have mentioned that even if you are at near max-high level, there would be monsters in quests that would be higher and was implied that these levels are unreachable to the player.

Have u guys tried Cheat engine ( where there is easy kills or 1 hit ko)

Last edited:
What a lot of you do not get is that this is no traditional level-system. The monsters do not have certain "levels" that can be classified.
Neither had Geralt.

It's not like level up = 2% more HP.
Yes, if you invest skills in swordsmanship or magic you will probably be able to increase damage and intensity of the attacks in that category by acquiring skills, but in the end you HP, basic Sword damage, etc will probably be heavily influenced by your GEAR rather than your skill level.

That being said I hope we will be able to "activate" more than 3 skills for each (of the 4) trees (=12 skills only). I hope that will be expanded with higher levels.
Because only using 3 skills in one tree sounds kind of way too specialized for me. I mean in TW2 you had most of the time 5 - 10 skills in each tree if you had a hybrid combination. I also hope it will not be the way that skills are just like those "cool alternate abilities" that are only a few at a time and the actual stats and sign damage, and other skills we had in TW2 will be available from the get-go. Would be horrible IMO because the combat would be way to repetitive and always the same, no matter which "combinations" you are choosing for each fight. I want to have a real skill build like "I can do X and Y and Z because I choose this particular direction and this mix of the trees" and not "I switch my skills before every fight to fit the situation", because that would just ruin things making a single fight way too stale and un-adaptive while making the skills way to changable.

Have u guys tried Cheat engine ( where there is easy kills or 1 hit ko)
sure...but I'm a bit confused on where that applies here.
I for one will never use cheats on something like this since it defeats the very purpose of a Role Playing Game ya know...where the player starts out weak and develops into something incredible near the end and get that awesome feeling you've achieved something special?:comeatmebro:

sure...but I'm a bit confused on where that applies here.
I for one will never use cheats on something like this since it defeats the very purpose of a Role Playing Game ya know...where the player starts out weak and develops into something incredible near the end and get that awesome feeling you've achieved something special?:comeatmebro:

Well, u r right about it!!!
But when I have to spent money on brothels then I have to use it.

This game is built around skill, ingenuity and inventiveness, not rotation on rotation combat that is simply about gear and over leveling rather leveling compliments your skill and play style.
This is the direction I wish all rpgs would go. Only ME2 and 3, Fallout, and the Witcher seem to understand this

I can see what a lot of you people mean...but i don't want to feel overpowered in any part of the game...that would break the illusion of the world i think...i mean aren't monsters really dangerous and hard to kill?That is why withcer exist and why the are put through trials and forsake so much so they can gain the abilities to fight them....if i walk into 10 nekkers and they each hit me once and im at 9/10 HP that would be really bad imo...in TW2 fighting monster was usually harder than fighting people...i really liked that,although i withcer are social outcast the gameplay enforced why they are important and why people need them

I can see what a lot of you people mean...but i don't want to feel overpowered in any part of the game...that would break the illusion of the world i think...i mean aren't monsters really dangerous and hard to kill?That is why withcer exist and why the are put through trials and forsake so much so they can gain the abilities to fight them....if i walk into 10 nekkers and they each hit me once and im at 9/10 HP that would be really bad imo...in TW2 fighting monster was usually harder than fighting people...i really liked that,although i withcer are social outcast the gameplay enforced why they are important and why people need them

Well I hope that fighting monsters is harder than fighting people too.

I think the trick is in the mechanics though, in the combat system itself. Fighting humans can be done with a lot of blocking and countering and the use of the signs to contain them, while fighting monsters has to be more dodging and being fast and evading and striking back, because monsters can hardly be properly parried considering their non-human attack patterns and abilities.

Of course there should be a difference within monsters as well. In TW2 for example I could fight 20 nekkers behind Vergen without loosing any health while Rotfiends for example still hurt me in Loc Muine. The bigger or more powerful the monster the harder it gets. Excellent human soldiers or special enemies (mages, etc) for example should be harder to beat than a few nekkers or drowners. Wolfes hunting in packs and being very intelligent might be stronger combined than a Fiend.

I find it only realistic that after a while Nekkers do become easy to beat. Some monsters are just pretty weak alone, and what makes the difficulty in the beginning is them fighting together and you not having the means to contain them all at the same time. Later on then you might have the igni burst or the Aard ground-blast, the Yrden area trap, etc that can contain them better. It is a natural way of getting stronger and better. If I move into the fight without potions, magic and my sword skills but with the same high-level gear I might live half a minute longer, but it is doubtful I can kill them all before they kill me if they are enough. Do I use a vitality regen potion, a potion that reduces bleeding effects and damage done to me and a potion that increases sign damage, make use of "crowd contol" sign abilities like igni blast and aard ground attack, use Quen to defend myslef (and hurt anyone that attacks), use extended dodges to keep them at distance or the swordsmanskill that makes me hurt MULTIPLE monsters with the same sword-strike then I can definitely beat them with ease.

It's the sum of Geralts abilities and how far they are developed that makes the difference.

well i already posted this on an other thread, but i don't what i'm about to say has been mentionned enough. so far in the gameplay videos published, we saw just how limited the conversations are in terms of choice kind of like TW2 or the mass effect series for that matter.
an other thing i noticed, is that the "toxic meter" is the same as TW2. it's not really a bad thing, but i liked the idea of having the player over do it with potions and face the consquences later on.
we can only hope that they improove this perhaps in the enhaced edition, if it's planned that is. other than that, the game looks great on almost every aspect.
in short, i could care less about graphics: i want a good and challenging gameplay, a great story and a great sense of immersion. gimme those and i'll be happy :)

well i already posted this on an other thread, but i don't what i'm about to say has been mentionned enough. so far in the gameplay videos published, we saw just how limited the conversations are in terms of choice kind of like TW2 or the mass effect series for that matter.
an other thing i noticed, is that the "toxic meter" is the same as TW2. it's not really a bad thing, but i liked the idea of having the player over do it with potions and face the consquences later on.
we can only hope that they improove this perhaps in the enhaced edition, if it's planned that is. other than that, the game looks great on almost every aspect.
in short, i could care less about graphics: i want a good and challenging gameplay, a great story and a great sense of immersion. gimme those and i'll be happy :)

Well, regarding your first point, it only makes sense to not show as much of the dialogue in the demos considering that they don't want to spoil you.

As for your latter point, I do recall them saying that (high) toxicity has now a negative effect on Geralt pretty early in the development. I do sincerely hope that this is STILL the case and they did not cut this feature as well, because that would make me really mad.

(I do also hope there will be visual effects of high toxicity, like in this one trailer of TW2 (52 and a half?))

What would make me so mad is that they did not mention that they cut it out. There have been a few things now that have been "cut out" and I was absolutely okay with most of them because they said openly they cut the feature. But if they start cutting features without telling us one has to wonder what else of the "seemingly "promised") features they cut out until the final game. I do hope that they inform us if they advertised or stated a feature in the past and then decided to cut it out.

I really hope the negative effects of toxicity are still in, because let's be honest, they didn't do it in TW2 despite a lot of people wanting it, and they promised it in the beginning of the development of TW3- This particular point is really a biggie to me.

Well, we can't know that based on the gameplay videos Tho there seemed to be few dialogue choices; new dialogues to the bottom also were opening up as conversations progressed through "yellow" choices and who is to know those "white" choices also won't open up new dialogues?

As for your latter point, I do recall them saying that (high) toxicity has now a negative effect on Geralt pretty early in the development. I do sincerely hope that this is STILL the case and they did not cut this feature as well, because that would make me really mad.

(I do also hope there will be visual effects of high toxicity, like in this one trailer of TW2 (52 and a half?))

Potions wont have any visual effect on Geralt, this was confirmed in one of the previews.

Well, regarding your first point, it only makes sense to not show as much of the dialogue in the demos considering that they don't want to spoil you.

What would make me so mad is that they did not mention that they cut it out. There have been a few things now that have been "cut out" and I was absolutely okay with most of them because they said openly they cut the feature. But if they start cutting features without telling us one has to wonder what else of the "seemingly "promised") features they cut out until the final game. I do hope that they inform us if they advertised or stated a feature in the past and then decided to cut it out.

I really hope the negative effects of toxicity are still in, because let's be honest, they didn't do it in TW2 despite a lot of people wanting it, and they promised it in the beginning of the development of TW3- This particular point is really a biggie to me.

thank you for your response friend and for the clarifications. it makes sense that they won't show much of the dialogue, let's just hope it'll be as complex as in TW1 or in the gothic series.
also, like some fellow gamers here said, it has been confirmed that the potions won't influence the appearance of geralt, BUT it'll influence his behavior like for instance an increase of speed for his movements.

if you don't mind, could you tell us about what features got cut TW3 ? that'd be very helpful. my worst fear is that they pull out a "Bethesda" and start removing features in order to appeal to wider audience and simplifiy the game :/

---------- Updated at 06:50 PM ----------

i know it's kinda sad to hear, but seriously you cracked me up :hrhr:

thank you for your response friend and for the clarifications. it makes sense that they won't show much of the dialogue, let's just hope it'll be as complex as in TW1 or in the gothic series.
also, like some fellow gamers here said, it has been confirmed that the potions won't influence the appearance of geralt, BUT it'll influence his behavior like for instance an increase of speed for his movements.

if you don't mind, could you tell us about what features got cut TW3 ? that'd be very helpful. my worst fear is that they pull out a "Bethesda" and start removing features in order to appeal to wider audience and simplifiy the game :/

Until now I do only know that the system with the monster weak points was cut (something like Fallouts V.A.T.S. system), but I know there was the one or other thing they did NOT announce that got cut too.

Just stated that I hope if they START* cutting stuff they previously announced that they SAY it. That would be nice.
Because I do really not want it to be like the Alchemy System where we got only a brief summary here and there without many detail ans the assurance that they are "working on a solution" just to find out that they stayed with the system we (or at least I) didn't like once the game was already feature locked, meaning there will be not many changes to this system now.

Last edited:
Until now I do only know that the system with the monster weak points was cut (something like Fallouts V.A.T.S. system), but I know there was the one or other thing they did NOT announce that got cut too.

Just stated that I hope if they SART cutting stuff they previously announced that they SAY it. That would be nice.
Because I do really not want it to be like the Alchemy System where we got only a brief summary here and there without many detail ans the assurance that they are "working on a solution" just to find out that they stayed with the system we (or at least I) didn't like once the game was already feature locked, meaning there will be not many changes to this system now.

ugh that doesn't sound good. if only there was enough concern about such features and not the graphics, maybe they would take it in account. let's just hope that whatever they got cut will included later as DLC or maybe with an enhanced edition. or maybe the modders can do something about it.

Top Bottom