+

Witcher 1 font & art style vs 2 and 3

• TW1

Votes: 21 77.8%
  • TW2/3

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters
Witcher 1 font & art style vs 2 and 3

I have always wanted to discuss this but never have. I much prefer the original font style of The Witcher 1 compared to The Witcher 2 and 3 and was curious about other peoples thoughts? It's mostly the actual word art that I am focussing on here but feel free to add your own thoughts about other aspects of art/design between the games.

Also, does anyone know why it was changed? I think the overall word art style of TW1 fits better with the time, the game is set.

the witcher 1 art style was very good ....every time i read the books i imagine it in that style

I like them All. But Witcher 3 looks really gritty and realistic just like the Books are (especially in war period), but that's also because of the new technical capabilities.

tw1 art style was better by far if you ask me, tw2 art style was more suited for a comic book

I think W1 and W2 have two very different styles. I like first game for it's awesome atmosphere. But W2 is also great and W3 will be probably closer to it. Market probably prefer action/graphic to atmosphere.

I have to say I do not know why W1 has better atmosphere, but I still remember that sunny noon on the fields, sick town with hospital or settlement in marsland. In W2 I don't pay much attention to those locations ... Flotsam .. few houses, some river, but what atmosphere should I feel? Atmosphere of poverty, hate, repression? Other locations are the same. I like visual part of it, but I can't even remember what I could feel in dwarven town or Loc Muinne. Unlike in W1 locations.

On the other hand - style of TW3 will be probably closer to secong game, but I believe there will be great atmosphere - battlefields, burning villages, ghost settlements, big towns ... I hope it will have some ipact on player's feelings.

Top Bottom