What I Would Like To See From CDPR

+
No, I got the impression that those are two separate teams, besides the core engine developers I guess.

I know they are, and as I understood since the last delay was announced is that ALL teamS are working in TW3, or sayinig it in other words: every team is investing their time in an extraordinary way to finish and polish TW3 ..

Last edited:
I can be wrong but if I didn't missunderstand, the whole CDPR's team is working on TW3 right now, I guess that include the team which are worrking in CP77. The evident delay this implies makes me assume that once TW3 is finalized, the entire team of CDPR will turn to regain the logical lost time to develop CP77 time. It will be little room to create new games simultaneously.

It doesn't really work like that. The skillsets are different. It tends to make sense for a company like CDPR to have two overlapping projects going at any time, if they want to keep their staff. One at the conceptualisation and design stages, one in development and testing. So yes, I'd expect them to be thinking already about what comes after CP77, even though there'll be no work done on it.

[video=youtube;op4G1--kb-g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op4G1--kb-g[/video]
Inside
This is the type of game I see CDPR making also.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;QApPl1Vt-zE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QApPl1Vt-zE[/video]
We all know CDPR is the developer that would do World of Darkness justice :yes

The whole point of my post was to show, other interest that gamers have outside of big AAA games.

The whole point of my post was to show, other interest that gamers have outside of big AAA games.

Then the title confused some of your readers. "What I would like to see from CDPR" implies that these are things you particularly want CDPR to make.

CDPR is one game developer with a record of making certain games in a certain way, and it is well known that they have a backlog. Adding other games could cause delays in the games already on the backlog, and nobody wants to see that.

So by titling your thread that way, you invite responses that suggest the games you want to see either do not fit with the expectations others have for CDPR games, or create concern that they would delay other much-anticipated games.

Absolutely I would like CDPR to make something like Inside, because that's were the market is growing, and there's no debating it
As for deviation, were is it written in stone that publishers can't try new things? CP77 is nothing like Witcher and that's not a deviation? It's absolutely different.

Absolutely I would like CDPR to make something like Inside, because that's were the market is growing, and there's no debating it
As for deviation, were is it written in stone that publishers can't try new things? CP77 is nothing like Witcher and that's not a deviation? It's absolutely different.

They're both story-driven action RPGs, which is what they're good at. Even though they do other small projects outside that genre, it's unlikely to make business sense for them to switch to something completely different, like a puzzle-based platformer, for a major project.

So, what comes after Witcher 3?

I mainly only play games with Sword based combat (or JRPG combat), and those seem to be extremely rare. Most of the AAA scene these days is filled with shooters, which I don't even touch. (Never played CoD, Uncharted, Last of Us, etc, and don't intend to in the future either).

So, what comes after Witcher 3? Cyberpunk? Cyberpunk looks like it will end up being a shooter, and thus I will not play it. So, what else is next for CDPR? Will they continue to stick with sword based RPGs, or do something else? Any ideas? Do you think CDPR could start a new sword based RPG IP that can give them some creative freedom (for best or worse)?

Dunno if my words mean anything, but CDPR is probably the best developer to make an RPG given their style of story telling, and their ideology with quest design, music, immersion etc. So I'll be shamelessly selfish when I say this, but it will truly be a loss if CDPR moved away from sword based RPGs in the future.

One thing is sure: if CDPR makes a new sword based RPG in the future , it will be in the Witcher world. But to tell you the truth, i don't expect it immediately after Cyberpunk. Maybe we'll have a Cyberpunk 2 and than the return of the Witchers :p

So, what comes after Witcher 3? Cyberpunk?
Cyberpunk 2077.

Cyberpunk looks like it will end up being a shooter,
Action-RPG.

and thus I will not play it.
So be it. Nobody will cry, because of that.

So, what else is next for CDPR?
The Witcher 4 with Ciri as protagonist. Adam Kiciński (CEO) said the Witcher IP won't be dropped after TW3.

Do you think CDPR could start a new sword based RPG IP that can give them some creative freedom (for best or worse)?
I think they will stick to The Witcher franchise, but decision hasn't been made yet.

Cyberpunk 2077.

Action-RPG.

The Witcher 4 with Ciri as protagonist. Adam Kiciński (CEO) said the Witcher IP won't be dropped after TW3.

I think they will stick to The Witcher franchise, but decision hasn't been made yet.

If Cyberpunk has a non shooter combat system, then I will definitely try it.

So, the Witcher series isn't ending? That's good to know. Hopefully they'll manage to keep new entries fresh, or just go a new sword based RPG IP if it starts to feel stale.

Thanks for the answers.

I mainly only play games with Sword based combat (or JRPG combat), and those seem to be extremely rare. Most of the AAA scene these days is filled with shooters, which I don't even touch. (Never played CoD, Uncharted, Last of Us, etc, and don't intend to in the future either).

So, what comes after Witcher 3? Cyberpunk? Cyberpunk looks like it will end up being a shooter, and thus I will not play it. So, what else is next for CDPR? Will they continue to stick with sword based RPGs, or do something else? Any ideas? Do you think CDPR could start a new sword based RPG IP that can give them some creative freedom (for best or worse)?

Dunno if my words mean anything, but CDPR is probably the best developer to make an RPG given their style of story telling, and their ideology with quest design, music, immersion etc. So I'll be shamelessly selfish when I say this, but it will truly be a loss if CDPR moved away from sword based RPGs in the future.

It seems a bit too much to prevent yourself from playing good games just because there's firearms in it, did you know , for exemple, that 95% of The Last of Us can be played without firing any gun ?

Cyberpunk better have guns. Lots and lots of guns.

I'm half looking forward to TW3 because of TW3, and half because when that's out we'll probably get more news about Cyberpunk 2077. *squee*

It seems a bit too much to prevent yourself from playing good games just because there's firearms in it, did you know , for exemple, that 95% of The Last of Us can be played without firing any gun ?

If can somehow manage to play LoU without firing any gun, I might as well watch a lets play of it. But this is off topic.

I hope CDPR stick around with their sword based RPGs in the future.

If Cyberpunk has a non shooter combat system, then I will definitely try it.
Cyberpunk will have lots of guns, so protagonist will obviously shoot. I think Cyberpunk's combat system will be skill based (that's not confirmed yet); you will aim manually and system will count size of injury. I'm just trying to say that action RPG =/= shooter. Two different genres, both have guns though.

So, the Witcher series isn't ending?
TW3 will be the end of Geralt's story. That's what they have said.

Cyberpunk better have guns. Lots and lots of guns.

I'm half looking forward to TW3 because of TW3, and half because when that's out we'll probably get more news about Cyberpunk 2077. *squee*

Unfortunately not until next year, but me and my tinfoil hat say they're past pre-production. It's been in development since late 2012 and if you browse linkedin, they've hired a whole mess of new people for the game. In addition, Talsorian is advising and collaborating with them - that's guys with over 20 years of RPG experience. I get the sense they'll have a really strong foundation once the whole team switches over to Cyberpunk. As for guns, if you look at the PnP games, you won't be disappointed. There's a ton of gadgets as well. Think Dues Ex with a nasty edge in an open world.

Last edited:
Top Bottom