Housing/Base(s) of operation in TW3

+
They did it for the Witcher 2. Haven`t seen any improvements and someones efforts after and before the Lykaon.
I think because of the open world, not releasing the game in the same year as skyrim and generally more people buying the game at release witcher 3 will have much more mods than witcher 2, if they release the Red Kit shortly after the game comes out. .And there wasn't a new moddable open world fantasy rpg for some time now.

How much time passed till the release? Someone did something? No, they did not. So not the date of release is the reason-its just the people are lazy.

Thats too. But neither was editor for the witcher 1 and any other tool . And something tells me , new tool will be not so simple too. No pain-no gain.

I remember an interview where a staff member of Namco Bandai or CDPR said something about witcher hideouts being in the game. I don't recall the exact interview, but I know for sure the interviewed person said there will be witcher hideouts for the player to discover.

The "hideouts" in question are remnants of old Witcher schools where the player can find schematics for the powerful Witcher armors and weapons. Highly doubt they'll serve as bases of operation or any of the sort.

Last edited:
I remember an interview where a staff member of Namco Bandai or CDPR said something about witcher hideouts being in the game

Incidentally, if there was an interview, I'd expect it to be CDPR. I don't think that Namco Bandai would be giving interviews about such things.

Geralt needs a moving base of operations; a cart! that Yarpen drives, Dandi, Geralt and him bantering all the time :D Tho even this gameworld is not big enough for the books-like adventure also it'd be too restrictive in an open world.

Geralt is not the kind of a person that would need a house tbh, he's always on the road looking for work.
Maybe, but that is what makes rpg's great - each individual is allowed to choose how they see the character. After all, if we all wanted the same thing we would just watch movie of the Witcher. :)

Geralt is not the kind of a person that would need a house tbh, he's always on the road looking for work.

Well, he showed he could live with "settled down life" in the books, as long as there is work(Plus his and Yen's "happily ever after" dream). But circumstances in the games aren't(and in 99% of the books weren't) allowing him to do so, which makes sense for both cases :D

Maybe, but that is what makes rpg's great - each individual is allowed to choose how they see the character. After all, if we all wanted the same thing we would just watch movie of the Witcher. :)

true that freedom to do as you will with the character is special, trouble is that the witcher series is based on the books, and the developers made the games in response to a love for that world. to allow players to buy homes in the game, it is not appropriate for the title. giving people the option for the sake of giving them that freedom, is also inappropriate, as the game should concern itself in what is necessary.

In the game not giving the player the ability to buy a home is something useful (something the developers did for a reason). it means that the player is isolated, you not only are rejected from society as a non human mutant, but you are not allowed to become a part of that society by being forced to wonder, giving the player the ability to buy a home would conflict with this concrete aspect of the character. also witchers in their profession never stay in one place very long, as their profession is in conflict with its goal, witchers eradicate monsters, the realization of this goal leaves them without means, so they have to travel to make a living. they can only be in once place as long as there are monsters to hunt. changing this in game play would mean changing far more about Geralt as a character than just changing cloths, because it is what makes Geralt an outsider, and that's an important part of him. it is also what makes his relationships so precious, and is important to understanding Geralts motivations.

changing this is not what would make the witcher a good RPG, though I can understand where you come from. each person is allowed to choose how they see the character, but Geralt is a character, and not the player, and the experience of playing should not force the character to become you/the player, but the experience should allow the player to fit into and understand the character as if you where him.

if you want to be someone other than Geralt (to change the important parts of him) than you should play another game. but as you are here you obviously like what you see in the game, and care about its quality.

smaller things like what armor or swords Geralt uses and the way he fights are a more flexible part of the character, something that can be left to the player without affecting the core of who Geralt is (although limited to what is reasonable).

Last edited:
Base of operations?

Who revived this thread and is quoting 500 year old posts of mine
:fury:

That putting RPGs in a very narrow perception, in RPGs like this each individual is allowed choices of the character they're playing not whatever outlandish things they want to do. It's a story and character driven RPG and not 'Nameless One' forging his own fate and destiny, different types of RPGs.

I know it doesn't really fit the lore, but my Geralt would love to buy a house in Novigrad for his retirement . That's why I hope the devs release the Red Kit as soon as possible after release, so there will be still a lot of people modding amazing stuff into the game.

Dont think theres any Geralt that would want to live in a city, he would live far away from noise and troubles, a cabin in the woods or something like that fits more to him

Top Bottom