Curse You GOG!

+
Great. The REDs have been working with WB since TW2, so it's nice to see their games make their way to gog.

4 quid for MK 1+2+3? Yes, please.

Nice! Now we can brutalize Reptile in three different pit versions, DRM free! You know just to name a random character.

Dammit!

Sometimes Grim Fanfango get me locked like a stupid, trying to find any hint of what next step to do... :p

Dammit!

Sometimes Grim Fanfango get me locked like a stupid, trying to find any hint of what next step to do... :p

Ask in the adventure games thread. I can give you personalized hints.

Are you playing in Spanish? I heard some parts and it's nowhere near as good as the original voice over.

Oh my!

I have been about to hug you and comfort you!

I've risked to become you a nice guy!! Glup!

Be sure to pick up the original F.E.A.R. if you're in the mood for some good old fashioned single-player shootin' with (arguably) the most satisfying use of bullet time in a FPS ever.
Also, The Penetrator.

Last edited:
Great to see them adding WB games. Are they going to add recent Batman "Arkham" titles? I wouldn't mind trying them out, but I never really cared because they were all released through DRMed channels only.

I hope GOG can subscribe 2K as well at some point. I'd be interested in playing Bioshock Infinite.

---------- Updated at 05:32 PM ----------

Here is a thread for it :) http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/28879-Playing-traditional-adventure-games

And I agree, puzzles there are quite tough.

Very unlikely, I'd guess.
Maybe a couple of years or in the worst case even a full decade further down the road, but not in the near-term.

Still doesn't seem like that any of the big pushlishers have warmed up to releasing their slightly older (released within the last ten years or so) AAA titles through GoG anytime soon, except for the first Assassin's Creed.

Very unlikely, I'd guess.
Maybe a couple of years or in the worst case even a full decade further down the road, but not in the near-term.

Still doesn't seem like that any of the big pushlishers have warmed up to releasing their slightly older (released within the last ten years or so) AAA titles through GoG anytime soon, except for the first Assassin's Creed.

Bastion is pretty recent (2011). I see no reason for them not to release them on GOG. I.e. there is no difference in how old the title is. Either people will buy it when it's available on GOG adding to the profits of those publishers, or they won't if it's not available. Piracy will remain piracy regardless.

Paradox Interactive now on GOG.com

We're barely even winded.
Today yet another awesome publisher, Paradox Interactive, becomes part of the most gamer-friendly DRM-free catalog around. We're kicking off the partnership with a weeklong 50% discount on four of the titles:

Europa Universalis
Hearts of Iron
Crusader Kings Complete
-50%
Majesty Gold HD -50%
Majesty 2 Collection -50%
Victoria Complete
-50%

If you've always wanted to give the genre a try, Europa Universalis is probably the best starting point, but we know grand strategy can be daunting. That's why you can also drop by our Twitch.tv/gogcom channel, where we'll be streaming the game live with Quill18, this Tuesday, February 17th, 7pm GMT / 2pm EST / 11am PST.It's a fine way to get acquainted.

If you're a fan of complex strategy playgrounds, you can look forward to a trickle of more grand strategy classics from paragons of the genre, Paradox Interactive, coming to the coolest DRM-free game store near you!
gog.com/news/paradox_interactive_now_on_gogcom

I'd like to see their newer games on GOG too. I really like the Warlock series (and they're on Linux).

Well, apparently it hadn't been a problem for the last couple of years....

Edit: Don't get me wrong. I won't boykott GOG, but they were the last place to conveniently get classic games that are censored or unavailable in Germany otherwise.

Last edited:
Top Bottom