About mice and other controllers

+
They can probably feel different depending on the shape.

"the feel" is more important then actual DPI or 4G laser.

How can more expensive gaming mouse can improve your performace in game unless? unless your old mouse is faulty when you doing horizontal and vertical moves in zig zags its all the same. I used cheapest MS office mouse which costs around 3-5$ for weeks and still was able to achive MVP on CS:GO and COD.

Last edited:
@saoe: Yes, the ergonomic "feel" is the most important aspect here. I felt quite an improvement after switching to G400s from some generic mouse. Hydrophobic materials also make it more comfortable.

I don't care much about "performance" in games, but rather about ergonomic experience which reduces palm and fingers strain.

Last edited:
I rock logitech g9x since it came out... even bought a spare one ... since they dont produce them anymore & prices will skyrocket more and more.. my luck I paid just 40 euro for my spare... absolutely love this mouse .. it got the perfect shape for me to handle it....havent found one that could beat it yet... just fantastic... i can use it all day.

Last edited:
I rock logitech g9x since it came out... even bought a spare one ... since they dont produce them anymore & prices will skyrocket more and more.. my luck I paid just 40 euro for my spare... absolutely love this mouse .. it got the perfect shape for me to handle it....havent found one that could beat it yet... just fantastic... i can use it all day.

You will get attached to items or cars you use often. Mice are all the same if you ask me just aerodynamically small or large is the difference.

Even 100$ gaming mice won't give you edge in competitive games against 20$ mice made in garage in hong kong by a student. My collage friend has fake Razer mice worth 12$ I had no idea while playing game unil he told me.

MS Sidewinder mice serves me for good 5 years it was a birthday gift when I was playing warcraft. I don't get attach to anything, but as longest it works why should I change it? There are some very pretty glass white mices on the market but it's waste of money.

mmmm one stupid question not made it because its answer always seemed so obvious....

Which could be an easy handle mouse (my hands are little!) for precise pointing, rounding 25€? Lately I used to be more comfortable with mouse concept for portable/laptop by its size....
I'll appreciatte helpful information.

mouse double click problem, sadface

Alright, so I know this isn't Witcher related, but I need help and logitech forums are useless. I am hoping someone here can share some words of wisdom with me.

Currently I have a Logitech G600 mouse, and it is the 3rd mouse I am having... in a year and a half period, reason being, all of them have developed a double click problem when I do a single click. 1st it was Razer Imperator, then Razer Deathadder, and now the G600. the Razers lasted each 2-3 months, the G600 lasted 5-6 months now, so hey, double the quality right?

Anyway, I am starting to wonder if I am doing something wrong, all of the mice on the market can't be this shit, right? Am I doing something wrong, do I need to learn how to left click? Or is it just that I haven't bought a mice that isn't shit yet? Anyone have some useful info on the topic? Because it's starting to get really annoying, I just want a mouse that works, more than a couple of months...

5-6 months does seem like a little fast for a mouse to have this problem. However boyfriend also went through 3-4 mice per year. Same problem no idea why it happens to him all the time.

First check warranty, In the EU logitech has a 2 year warranty on the G series. There are a few guides out in the net to fix double- click problems on logitech mice.

And as a quick workaround for the problem: Autohotkey Buggy mouse fix

edit
Oh just found something, bit older though so depending on where you bought the G600 it might not apply
Check if your firmware is version U77.01_B0016 or later, if it predates that firmware it's probably one of the known buggy mice. Cause thinking of it you have the mouse 6 months + whatever time it was in storage of a store it could still be a pre- October 2012 model and there where problems with those.

Last edited:
It does predate that version, but the question then is, why would it take 6 months for the issue to pop out?

So, after Logitech decided not to release Windows 8.1 drivers for the F710 gamepad I sold it a while back and now finally got a replacement for it.

Overall a top quality controller and they fixed a few things that I disliked about the 360 controller, like the awful D-pad. It's now very precise with a nice tactile feel to it. And also gone is the old annoying lump of a battery case at the bottom of the controller.

Only thing that I'm not quite used to yet is how the shoulder buttons work. They're very much designed to work as part of the triggers and you're supposed to raise your index fingers and quickly brush the buttons while keeping your fingers on the triggers. A bit peculiar design choice. Time will tell if it's a good one.

Also, although a lot of games afaik don't yet support them, those triggers have small built-in rumble motors in them so e.g. when firing a round in a FPS, you should feel some of the recoil in your finger through the trigger as well.

So yeah. I like it. Looking forward to playing The Witcher 3 with this. :)

Last edited:
The choice is utterly personal, I use a Deathadder 2013, find it to be expensive for what it is but I love the moderately round shape.. and btw I use it in the wrongest way because I am a fingergripper , I move the mouse with three fingers for minimal movements (well not always) and the side buttons (which should lie right under the thumb) are completely out of place for me :D should feel completely wrong but I cannot hold a little mouse nor one with a complicated shape and filled with buttons. I also played FPS with the cheapest mouses with good result so I can't say a good mouse is "required" for playing. But I wouldn't come back

@wichat for a little more, I'd like the Roccat LUA around that price. But again, it's personal :)

Last edited:
Deathadder 2013 here to.
Got it after my trusty Deathadder finally broke after 5 years of abuse which is amazing considering its Razer.

Deathadder 2013 here too :p

Got it from a sale with a nice discount so it wasn't that expensive either.

Looking to buy a mouse, have been thinking about few models:

Corsair Raptor M45
Steelseries Sensei
Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Logitech G Daedalus Apex G303 (when it comes out here)

All 3 at the top are relatively the same price for me, with Raptor being a bit more expensive.
I like the Sensei looks and feel, but heard that the sensor isn't that amazing,
The G502 seems to be a great all rounder with a great sensor, but it's not as comfortable for me as Sensei.
Couldn't try M45 and G303 (obviously).

If anyone has any experience with the above, I would be glad to hear about it.

In before Deathadder - I tried it and I didn't like it very much.

What is your mouse setup?

Along with obsessively checking online for new information about The Witcher 3, I’ve been playing the arena mode of W2 to try out key binding for my mouse.
I picked up a Logitech G502 and have been trying to figure what would be a good binding.

My goal is to have all the signs and block on the mouse.

The G502 has the usual two & wheel, M1,2,3.
Three buttons for the thumb G4,5,6.
Two buttons for the index finger G7,8.
And one button below the mouse wheel (and mouse wheel lock) G9.

I’ve gone with
M1: Fast attack
M2 : Strong attach
M3:
G4: Block
G5: Quen
G6: Aard
G7: Igni
G8: Yrden
G9: Axii

I tend to do a similar concept for all games, although the actual mapping varies. Defensive on the right buttons, offensive on the left, keep the centre buttons for something that I'm not likely to be panicking over, as I'm more likely to fumble them.

Mine's only a G300, so no thumb buttons.

Just how great is the increase in performance in something like that beautiful G600 compared to a "normal" mouse? I have a ~12 year old Microsoft Intellimouse that has served me very well, and use a notepad as a mousepad :p

Gaming mice gives has a premium look, bling like lights, a premium feel/grip, additional mappable buttons. You can save your settings per games. They have better tracking sensor, high sensitivity, and my favorite high polling rate.

I'm in the market for a new mouse. The Logitech G402, or the G300s looks good. (I'm stuck on a rather low budget.) Any opinions on the performance, size, or button arrangement?

Last edited:
I have big hands and favor buttons with action from the side. The G402 is better for me, but they can pry my Trackman from my cold dead fingers.

Just a question... any of you knows if there's a brand which make good "small" mice? for little hands like mine? My handspan measures just over 20 cm and all good mice are too wide or large for me....

Top Bottom