Will the White Frost happen in Witcher 3? *Spoilers*

+
Will the White Frost happen in Witcher 3? *Spoilers*

I ask this because I saw a poster for Witcher 3 that said:

The time of the White Frost and White Light, The time of madness and disdain, Tedd Deireadh, The final age.

Considering that a huge part of the story in Witcher 1 was about the prophecy and Witcher 3 seems to be heading in that direction do you think that the White Frost could happen in Witcher 3 towards the end? I think it could be possible, but it might not happen since earlier

At the end of Witcher 1 we already sort of played through the White Frost. When Aldersberg sends Geralt into his vision of the White Frost and how the world would be after it happened.

That and then there's the fact that the game has three epilogues. So it would be kind of difficult to make three different epilogues taking place in the same scenario interesting. What do you all think about this?

Last edited:
Prophecy misinterpreted could've been eh ?

What is a prophecy anyway... eyewitness account transmitted back through time by Tachyons, an educated guess. or a total crapshoot ?

But yeah, Tedd Deireadh basically translates as "Expiry Date" so.... Drink & be Merry ! ;)

I bet it will be a big issue on the plot

[spoilers] i get the feeling that the WH is going to black mail geralt that if they dont get Ciri the white frost will happen.

(Some spoilers from the books, so read at your own risk)

From what I remember from the books,
the frost will happen in the Witcher world 3000 years after the "Current" time as Nimue and Condwiramurs discussed.
So I doubt the Wolf's Blizzard will be the main threat of the Witcher world. However, from the Elder Blood trailer, the village the Wild Hunt rode into got frozen, that either means the Wild Hunt has magic capable of making frost storms to scare villagers into submission, or that the Wolf's Blizzard is actually threatening the Aen Elle world instead of the "Witcher world", that could make a damn good plot twist and would explain why the Wild Hunt went to draw Ciri out by capturing Yennefer or Geralt instead of
waiting for her to fuck up in her teleports and teleport herself to the Spiral where the Aen Elle will catch her.

But if that is the case, that would raise a question of how Avallac'h did not foresee it coming, this has been giving me a headache for a while now so I will stop thinking about it and just wait for the damn game to come out instead :p

Last edited:
Not sure about White Frost, White Light and Wolf's Blizzard, but we'll definitely see the Era of the Sword and The Axe and the Time of Contempt :)

Maybe we'll get something predictable by the books, maybe we'll discover another layer of twist to the epic universe finale, maybe Geralt simply goes all raving Roche revenge on someone for something they do, and plough the universe !

Maybe all 3 ? ;)

In any case we will see the white frost during the Witcher 3 cause I think we already saw it in the trailer SoD
but it may be another vision similar to the one of TW1 or a time travel sequences with Ciri.

Attachments

• e73e012952.jpg
    e73e012952.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 76
Many good reasons to suspect that scene isn't Skellige, therefore swinging the chances towards Tedd Deireadh, but we have no idea how it will turn up ingame, for instance the scene we have seen looks cinematic rather than player viewpoint.

Its been analysed before here.

Definitely. We've seen a short clip in recent trailers of a world covered in snow (and I don't just mean the mountains). Some how, it's definitely going to be in the game. That said, we probably don't know everything. The White Frost may only cover parts of the world or something before Geralt stops it.

Glaciers can move faster than normal due to hydroplaning I think it's called, but even so it would still take a few millenia for the ice age to truly take hold and probably tens to hundreds of millenia to make a snowball planet. High mountains can serve as a spawning ground for glaciers that link up and form ice sheets that add to polar advances, but low mountains and hills are extremely effective at slowing ice sheets. Tundra and ice sheets would have hundreds of miles to advance to reach the Temerian/Redanian border, though obviously Skellige is much more of a semi arctic environment.

A good book to read on this and its effects would be the Winter of the World series by Michael Scott Rohan.

Edit: Then again I suppose it could go the Fire and Ice route:

Last edited:
Jacques took Geralt to the end of the civilzation where he dead. Ciri could easily do the same (yes, even dye).

But I bet this scene looks more a Skellige bad winter than the Prophetized White Frost.

Top Bottom