Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I remember reading Black Beauty (called Black Prince in Poland) when I was still a kid. I don't remember many details anymore, but I know that I really liked. Just a right mix of heartwarming moments, drama and sadness. It actually made me appreciate my grandfather horses and the hard work they do much more.

Last edited:
Ha, I knew, what I would provoke with this statement. Success. :D Haven't seen war horse, but to me it seems to be a story about war, where one of the main protagonists is a hors, not a story about horses. Black Beauty I have seen, I think, but can't remember anything about the plot. Anyway, provocation succeeded. :)

by Jeff Uitto

Last edited:
Ha, I knew, what I would provoke with this statement. Success. :D Haven't seen war horse, but to me it seems to be a story about war, where one of the main protagonists is a hors, not a story about horses. Black Beauty I have seen, I think, but can't remember anything about the plot. Anyway, provocation succeeded. :)

It's actually a pretty good movie, War horse I mean :D It's story is a horse's part in a war, if I remember well.
Won't you end up with virtual shoes being thrown at you for such provocations? :D

Ahhhh, we're all back. I can't believe how much I missed most of you during the long absence.
So how did you all spend your time?

Since you talked about horses and provocation about eating horse meat, I admit I ate baby food based on that meat because I was allergic to beef. According to my parents it lasted for a short amount of time. I was allergic to milk too, as a baby.

Horsemeat offers many nutritional benefits. Although not a product culturally accepted, can help fight some types of anemia and cardiovascular problems, according to experts. However, not everyone is in favor of this meat consumption in a country with no tradition.
During the 2 last WW its consumption saved a lot of children from the starvation and diseases related to malnutrition.

I think you should be able to eat everything as long as you own the meat and it is not obviously poisenous. And for human the only reason to not eat them is to preserve social constructs and communities. (Nobody wants to fear others maybe wanting to eat him.) Though I don't know how healthy it would actually be.

Now I am listening to the Amazing horse since it has been posted...

Wanted to play DnD today, but instead I have to try to fix a crysis in my friend circle...

Last edited:
People eat seals, deers, snakes, rabbits, dogs, horses, cows, sheeps, worms, ants....

The difference between them is the culture and how people pet them in their mores. There's everal market of horsemeat in Spain, under the health EC follow up. It was not a country of cows but horses. Here cows and milk gastronomiy culture weren't very widspread except in very high mountain villages. Mediterranean weather doesn't allow a good conservation of lactic products. That's why olive oil was/is more common than butter in kitchens.

When the culture of petting domesticated animals was a civilization standard, some countries stop eating some sort of animals. Industry revolution mark a path in traditions.

If you're talking about the crime of using meat for animal feed, as a cheap substitute for meat in human food instead of the approved sanitary, that's another story.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom