Interviews and Articles - 2015

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the guy from the tech analyses has a point, yes CDPR (at that point) had 6 months to optimize the game. But can they really optimize a game so far that the pop-in is less (I doubt it will be gone), shadows appear earlier and fps are stable or even higher?

I'm asking because i'm quite interested in the ways and possibility's that are possible with back end and 'behind the scenes' stuff, but I imagine that at some point you cant optimize/polish the code any further. I'm curious what proper polishing can do, especially to TW3.

I hope to god they show us a little bit of the druid fight talked about in previews. Just a few seconds would do. Im just dreaming about all the beautiful yet realistic magic attacks that they use.:thumbsup:

http://www.vg247.com/2015/02/24/witcher-3-dev-doesnt-think-in-terms-of-resolution-or-frame-rate/

Because the world is pretty big, and when you stand on a higher part of the map the game has a lot to render infront of you. Even in a city there is the shadow pop in and some small details here and there. And by 'even in a city' I mean that that's were the Umbra tech really gives some advantages. There are houses and walls everywhere, so beyond that the game doesn't have to render anything, even side streets allow the game to not render parts of it. (unless you look down a side street ofc.)

And like I said in my previous post. I'm interested in knowing more about what optimizing and polishing of the code can actually do. And that at some point there isn't anything more you can do.

What exactly does this mean? Did the camera in Witcher 2 also cut away from explicit sexual acts?
Yeah, most of it was implied(sound) and a few clever camera scenes but nothing explicit showing *cough* things that are outside of M rating.

Generally you don't want an AO rated game because nobody wants to sell those.

Last edited:
Yeah, most of it was implied(sound) and a few clever camera scenes but nothing explicit showing *cough* things that are outside of M rating.

Generally you don't want an AO rated game because nobody wants to sell those.

If it's like in witcher 2 I'm perfectly fine with it. I just hope they didn't scale down the explicity . This would be the first time I would be disappointed with CD Project Red.

@wichat
In one of the interviews they said we will see Geralt's butt. My guess is that it's maybe shown in a sex scene, which the ERSB didn't see. Maybe we can only sleep with Yennefer or Triss during one playthrought and they only saw one of the scenes? Maybe it's shown in one of the sidequests? (I doubt they played 100% of the game or did more than one playthrought)

Last edited:
Some cutscenes depict slow-motion decapitations and other gore: an autopsy of a torture victim, rooms with several corpses (e.g., hanging from the ceiling, covered in blood on a bed).
The game includes a side quest in which Geralt engages in a drinking game; characters are depicted drunk and/or passed out. The words “f**k,” “sh*t,” and “c*nt” can be heard in the dialogue.

So much YES. I look forward to the quests where these situations exist. Nice to see the autopsy tradition continue.

As for the sex cutscenes, they say "explicit sexual acts", which I think refers to the showing of actual genitalia/penetration. I don't see why they'd bother spending 16 hours mocapping sex scenes if they were just going to do a BioWare cut-to-black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom