hdmi cable and wireless keyb & mouse

+
hdmi cable and wireless keyb & mouse

my rig to play wild hunt is almost ready but i have a problem, there is a long distance between my pc and tv. the tv is new but it's in another room and way better than my current monitor. so i decided to buy some hdmi cable and wireless desktop set. there are almost 10 meters between pc and tv. anybody experienced such a situation? 10 meter hdmi cables are limited to 1080p? no 4k or 2k? is there a wireless desktop set that can reach 10 meter without a problem, i can keep the doors open btw.

i really don't like to carry my pc around, it's so heavy.

HDMI is Digital, length of the cable doesn't matter as far as I'm aware. It should support whatever spec the cables are

40 to 50 feet is practical with commercial HDMI cables. Category 2 ("high speed") cable should be good up to 1440p. More than that wants DisplayPort, not HDMI.

Logitech wireless keyboards can do 10 meters range, under ideal conditions. I wouldn't ask them to, in a real house.

Last edited:
That setup sounds less than ideal. Maybe you should consider setting up a HTPC at your TV and make use of Steam's In-Home Streaming feature. I think it works with many non-Steam titles (that are manually added to your Steam library) as well - although that is no guarantee that The Witcher 3 will work in that scenario. My brother has a setup like that and has had very positive experience so far.

thx guys.

That setup sounds less than ideal. Maybe you should consider setting up a HTPC at your TV and make use of Steam's In-Home Streaming feature. I think it works with many non-Steam titles (that are manually added to your Steam library) as well - although that is no guarantee that The Witcher 3 will work in that scenario. My brother has a setup like that and has had very positive experience so far.
i took a quick peek to the wireless stuff, they can't provide 1080p+ resolution too.
it seems i am going to stick to oldschool methods.

Top Bottom