Geralts side

+
Geralts side

Is geralt on the northern kingdoms side or is he on the nilfgaardian side or neutral. I havn't played the other 2 games but in number 2 you're helping the northern kingdoms right???

Neither. Technically he's a Nordling but Witcher don't generally take sides in wars, they take work from whoever's paying. That said, there's obviously rogue Witcher like Letho and his friends who are helping Nilfgaard. Geralt has 'history' with both sides.

Last edited:
There are also witchers like Coen who fought for the north, but i don't really remember his motive

But in the witcher 2 you're with the north right? you're helping king foltest, king of termeria I think right? Termeria was a part of the north now it's kinda torn between sides half and half plain ground kinda thing?

But in the witcher 2 you're with the north right? you're helping king foltest, king of termeria I think right? Termeria was a part of the north now it's kinda torn between sides half and half plain ground kinda thing?
It's not that simple...Geralt is some sort of Foltest's bodyguard...He was not happy with this job, but it is not wise to refuse a king I guess ;)

So, technically Geralt was helping a northern king, but not for political or patriotic reasons.

Geralt accept to be Foltest's bodyguard because he suspect that the kingslayer could be a Witcher, not because he is loyal to Temerian.

Yes, he tryies to remain neutral, but he has not many sympathies for Nilfgaarians (you'll fincd a lot of spoilers about Ciri's family and herself in the forum.)

Every Witcher has a different perspective, and they wach think uniquely like humans.
Geralt thinks politics are ways in which the rich and privileged plough each other and the common folk to get richer and more powerful, and he believes that wars are a mean for the same rich assholes to sacrifice the lives of idiots who call themselves patriots or those who are force to fight in order to either get richer and more powerful or preserve their status. As a result he does not care about politics, wars, North, South or any other affiliations, and he wants to be left alone to live his life in peace.
On the other hand we have Coën who fought and died in the battle of Brenna for no apparent reason. Maybe he was fighting a war because he had a patriotic side to him, but who knows.

I just don't understand why someone should want to play the third installment of a series if he don't know anything about the main character, the two previous games or even the original novels.

Attachments

• 28774a33b17063b2eb93888ccd6ac9069c48a875c708560a2b10f37ba88750d3.jpg
    28774a33b17063b2eb93888ccd6ac9069c48a875c708560a2b10f37ba88750d3.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 56
I just don't understand why someone should want to play the third installment of a series if he don't know anything about the main character, the two previous games or even the original novels.
Coming to a thread of a person asking in order to better understand the world is like going to the gym to laugh at a fat guy.

Err, no offense, Dylanthewitcher.

Besides, maybe a new player is a playstation owner. Maybe he wasn't aware of the franchise until TW3's marketing began catching his attention. Or maybe he unapologetically didn't like the previous two games, but this one is looking to be up his alley. Could be several reasons. Nothing wrong with any of them.

What's wrong having a mistake if you can correct it later?

At least, he want to be more informed before playing a new game for him, before to buy other 2 games maybe he won't like them or 7 books before he won't enjoy them... ;)

Probably because CDPR have gone to a lot of trouble to make sure that it will be playable and enjoyable even if you haven't played the other two games? We welcome questions in the forums, so please allow those who wish to be helpful answer those questions without interference.

And I still haven't read the novels.

Well I have heard of the games, but just never really tried them, the witcher 2 looked great, but the reason why I think the witcher 3 will be so good is the open world rpg elements. I love medieval fantasy games like skyrim and the witcher 3 looks insane! it looks awesome and I'm gonna get it the first day it comes out if it's not sold out. It has a lot to do in the game and thats what I love freedom!

Well I have heard of the games, but just never really tried them, the witcher 2 looked great, but the reason why I think the witcher 3 will be so good is the open world rpg elements. I love medieval fantasy games like skyrim and the witcher 3 looks insane! it looks awesome and I'm gonna get it the first day it comes out if it's not sold out. It has a lot to do in the game and thats what I love freedom!
I highly recommend the previous two games, mostly for story reasons but also because I find them mechanically fun, too. I can elaborate if you'll like, but I don't want to preach. So if you're certain you won't play the previous games, you can check out these two videos to know the general events in preparation for the 3rd:

There's also this longer lore series. It isn't specifically about the story of the games, but instead about the world at large. Each video will link to the next:

Witcher 1 actually looks badass. I didn't think an old pc game would be that good lol. I'll watch the 2nd one too, and the person who narrates the lore is Erik todd dellums I think the voice of three dog from fallout 3 at gnr radio statio!

Top Bottom