Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is my fault, Al...I asked what guns do you have :D

Why? I don't think you've made any mistake or broke any rules of the forum so why your fault? I love people who has opposite point of view than me and however can keep a good conversation.

I'm just interested in military history, hunting and live action wargaming, is that really wrong? That's just my interests.

Nothing wrong. Any knowledge got makes us grow

Agreed. The conversation remained civil and did not result in people trolling or flaming. While people may not share the same views I believe this type of conversation is intriguing and productive. I like hearing other people's perspectives and views on things; it helps to broaden my own.

If I've stayed in this forum for so many years is because it was always talk, and be serious and have some fun without offense to anyone. Mature iconversations implies to allow the other explain enough oneself, trust one is doing one comment expecting a good replay, with no fear of a disparaging and locked wut? ;)

---------- Updated at 02:12 PM ----------

I have certain rules about what I'll shoot, for example, I'll never shoot a rabbit as they are common pets and a lot of people love them. I would also NEVER shoot a fox as they are canines and are obviously related to dogs which I would never harm.

Yes... British never understand why Spaniards eat rabbits :p

Why? I don't think you've made any mistake or broke any rules of the forum so why your fault? I love people who has opposite point of view than me and however can keep a good conversation.
Weird thing is that I mentioned guns, and I don't even like using them...
Just remembered my army days, I guess :D

I'm just interested in military history, hunting and live action wargaming, is that really wrong? That's just my interests.

@Princess_Ciri @wichat
I can understand why you may hate what I'm involved with,

Calm down, Alan :) I don't hate. I don't H A T E. You can see that I don't hate because I dislike the word hate even when the vocabulary doesn't give me other option to use it. Maybe I dislike, or not agree... Hate implies so bad feelings that I do want never have again.

---------- Updated at 02:19 PM ----------

Weird thing is that I mentioned guns, and I don't even like using them...
Just remembered my army days, I guess :D

I love helycopters and I never touched one.... only see one 200 meters far away :p

I have certain rules about what I'll shoot, for example, I'll never shoot a rabbit as they are common pets and a lot of people love them. I would also NEVER shoot a fox as they are canines and are obviously related to dogs which I would never harm.

So, you don't shoot animals that you like. For another perspective, I love birds more than any other animal, and it makes me sad when I hear about people shooting crows and magpies and simply call them "vermin". A lot of people have rats and mice as pets, too, and they are lovely ones at that.

Though I understand the dangers some of the wild ones bring, my area used to have a huge problem with crows, now I barely see any, so it just makes me wonder. Do you pay attention to when these animals present a danger, or is it a shoot-on-sight kind of thing?

Re: interest in guns, I think they are made to look interesting through movies and videogames, so it's not weird that people will study them even if they don't plan on using any. I had a RP group ~back in the day~ and all of us did at least a little bit of gun research because we wanted our characters to use them. One player went really deep into it because she played an ex-marine and later used the knowledge in her writing projects. It can be done for fun, for sure.

Last edited:
So, you don't shoot animals that you like. For another perspective, I love birds more than any other animal, and it makes me sad when I hear about people shooting crows and magpies and simply call them "vermin". A lot of people have rats and mice as pets, too, and they are lovely ones at that.

Though I understand the dangers some of the wild ones bring, my area used to have a huge problem with crows, now I barely see any, so it just makes me wonder. Do you pay attention to when these animals present a danger, or is it a shoot-on-sight kind of thing?

Usually there's a notice put out by farmers saying that they want their farms cleared of a certain type of pest, so hunters regularly respond and ask for permission to shoot on said farmers land, so that's how it goes.

Anyway, we went to a really dark place there, so here's Ciri Kitty last night:

View attachment 10852

She hasn't lay down beside me in a long time! :cat:

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    243.2 KB · Views: 41
@wichat Our moderators are not called that, because they drink in moderation, during more likely. :)
Hm, regarding food I repeat myself: I would try anything as long as it is not obviously nonedible and not a live animal. If I like the taste would be determined then.
Regarding hunters: If they do sensible work to keep populations of some animals in check, I approve of their work. When they kill Bruno instead of trying to find out a way to make us able to live better side by side with bears, I disagree...

Not downgraded. Now I want to see how the ugly women look like in the game. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom