Microtransactions:

+
Microtransactions:

Do any of you think we'll have any Microtransactions and/or DLCs within CP77 (if so, then what kind)? I personally hate microtransactions (like how Assassin's Creed Unity did it and how "Evolved" had it set up), but if there were a few DLCs that came into CP77 I'd personally want some serious incentive on buying them (like having one available later that add hundreds of new missions and a totally new and massively-expansive map for us to explore with plenty of new factions to interact with to boot).

Yet, if it were tons of skins, weapon-colors and much more for $5-6 each, then I'd have a problem (I mean, it's starting to become as much of a rather annoying and troubling trend within gaming, kind of like Swatting, except instead of you're life being on the line - it could well be the Gaming Industry's cause let's face it: It runs on Capitalism and as such people do most definitely expect to get what they paid for with they're hard-earned cash).

I doubt this Company would do such a thing, but it is becoming rather trendy (some would say greedy) for Companies to do this, so just incase I'd personally would just like to see what everyone's view is on this (that way we'd all have a nice discussion, stimulating to us all and just so if that unlikely day did arrive we'd all have already blew off some steam ahead of time).

But yes, that were just a few of my thoughts on them, what do the rest of you personally think?

Last edited:
Feel free to charge $20 or even $40 more for the game in the first place.
I'll also gladly pay for meaningful DLC, say something that add new features and/or extends the games overall length by 10%+.
But no damn microtransactions ... not that I'd even suspect CDPR would jump on this bandwagon in the first place.

I remember CDPR claiming fiercely that they were against DLCs (the ones you buy, that is), so I really don't think it is something that they would do, that said, I am not against stuff like the "old days" expansions, I do however hate the idea of releasing a plethora of small doses of contents, neither do I like the idea of cosmetic microtransactions, not on a full price title, even though it doesn't affect gameplay.

I think the way they plan to do it with The Witcher 3 is the way forward.

I remember CDPR claiming fiercely that they were against DLCs (the ones you buy, that is), so I really don't think it is something that they would do, that said, I am not against stuff like the "old days" expansions, I do however hate the idea of releasing a plethora of small doses of contents, neither do I like the idea of cosmetic microtransactions, not on a full price title, even though it doesn't affect gameplay.

I think the way they plan to do it with The Witcher 3 is the way forward.

They've stated opposition to charging for small DLC's, and to limited availability DLCs (pre-order bonus DLCs, DLCs only if you buy through specific outlets, or with specific versions of the game, stuff like that). If they release large expansion packs, there may be a price. Basically, the way things should be.

Microtransactions would come into the same category, so is already a big "NO", but also tends to mean stuff like online requirements and therefore DRM. They introduced this for the MOBA game, but I don't think there's a cat in hell's chance they'd do it on one of the main titles.

They've stated opposition to charging for small DLC's, and to limited availability DLCs (pre-order bonus DLCs, DLCs only if you buy through specific outlets, or with specific versions of the game, stuff like that). If they release large expansion packs, there may be a price. Basically, the way things should be.

Microtransactions would come into the same category, so is already a big "NO", but also tends to mean stuff like online requirements and therefore DRM. They introduced this for the MOBA game, but I don't think there's a cat in hell's chance they'd do it on one of the main titles.

I wouldn't mind paying for an expansion pack, in fact, it would be weird not to, as you said "the way it should be".

To be honest, I would actually like to see one or more expansion packs for The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077, that's to me the "right" way to introduce new content to a game, content that you make the consumers pay anyway, by expansion pack I obviously mean a consequent bulk of content, usually in a new area, heck, I have seen what is considered DLC done right such as the Assault on Dragon's Keep for Borderlands 2 (not really keen on other practices they did, anyway, not really the topic), that's the kind of content I would really enjoy and wouldn't mind paying for! :p

I love my Polish masters. Like they were my own badly shaven, small-chinned blood. I would happily sacrifice any and all of you in their interests. Many of you I'd sacrifice on general principles, mind you. Like, to keep the sky blue. Or, making cheese cheesier. But I digress.

If they did microtransactions, I would -have- to assume my Lords In Warsaw had been replaced by Skrull or Necron-controlled infiltrators, travel to Poland and,

with love and sadness, of course.

ALSO FIRE.

But loving fire.

FIRE.

I have no problems with paid DLC cosmetics, simply because most of them are horrid anyways and I wouldn't buy them to begin with. They have no impact on the game other than the looks of something. Which is why I don't understand the circlejerk surrounding the negative reviews of Evolve, there is no content that was held back from the game at release. Just a ton of cosmetics and early access to when they release new content.

I do have a problem with pay to win, day 1 DLC that is basically just locking off part of the game content, or what EA did to the battlefield series. In a multiplayer game, I don't think you should be able to buy your way to being as good or better than another player (p2w). I also hate when a game gets released and you pay full price, then suddenly there's this whole section of content you can't do unless you pay more (AC games come to mind, other various RPGs). Then there's what EA did to battlefield and just releases little content to begin with then charges you the cost of another game just to get a decent amount of maps. That stuff is infuriating.

Luckily, CDPR is against all of that bs, and they give us mod tools so we can go generate our own content (instead of locking everything down like EA is doing with frostborked). So I don't think there will be anything with CP2077, or if there is it will be a reasonable thing that would be like an expansion pack from days of yore.

Feel free to charge $20 or even $40 more for the game in the first place.
Yep I wouldn't mind paying 70euros for a game normally priced at 50euros if I know that there will be extra content later on that is good.

I think paying DLCs are not a problem, they're actually great, if they're worth the price, that is with real content, adding a real story, extension of the map, new missions, guns, cyberware, armor, ... but microtransactions, like "change your armor camo by some really nice flashy pink tiger camo for 2euros", yeah thanks, but no thanks. Not that I'd buy it, but it just bothers me that gaming companies try making some easy-earned money by just making you pay for a new color or look or whatever.
But CDPR are unlikely to fall for that thing, they're not big fans of what the big gaming companies do, and we'd probably all travel to Poland to burn the studio down to the ground anyway if they did

I never felt the need to pay for the small DLCs so I don't know what's the big fuss about them. At least at the economic level, DRM/online access is another story.

It takes a lot less money to be a hardcore gamer now then in the past.

Last edited:
Top Bottom