The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+
Dear Developers,
I wish a Photo Mode, so we can capture our favourite moments the way we want from the amazing world of the Witcher 3. Seriously, i just discovered it in the Shadow of Mordor and i think all games should have this option now, it is so cool! Please consider this :)

Last edited:
---------- Updated at 08:59 PM ----------

I wish a Photo Mode, so we can capture our favourite moments the way we want from the amazing world of the Witcher 3. Seriously, i just discovered it in the Shadow of Mordor and i think all games should have this option now, it is so cool!

Men, this morning i decided that i will wright this function in wishlist. But then i forgot what i wanted to wright. But now when i saw your post sudenly remembered. This is unusual situation. How did you do that ))))))

Photo mode will awsome in this game. I want to watch vistas and take photos of Geralt's lands. I cant wait for this function. Without it Witcher 3 will lose half part of game )))))

I wish a Photo Mode, so we can capture our favourite moments the way we want from the amazing world of the Witcher 3. Seriously, i just discovered it in the Shadow of Mordor and i think all games should have this option now, it is so cool!

Although it was not well received, (perhaps because they did not "dial it in" with the initial release) I feel the bar was raised for all sword-and-spell fantasy games by Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. There were so many strange, beautiful and strategic locations that could only be reached by climbing and jumping. And, just as importantly, the ability to grapple onto enemies, (especially giant, hulking, flying screen-filling enemies!) just made combat against monstrosities so much more satisfying. Consider fighting a cyclops in Dragon's Dogma. You can climb nearby terrain to get a tactical advantage, or leap onto/ scale the creature, sometimes cutting the straps to helmets or armor, sometimes getting grabbed or shaken off, and sometimes, gloriously riding the fallen beast to the ground as you draw your blade from it's neck! Compare this to the ankle-hacking of the typical fantasy-action-RPG which is often a tank simulator (no verticality at all), or even if you can jump, you are utterly outmatched by a three-foot wooden fence that a fat 10-ten-year-old could flop over. Not very heroic.

Last edited:
Cutting grass/leaves effect?

It would be a good thing if developers add a "cutting grass/leaves effect". Imagine all those leaves and grass and heads flying around when Gerald fight in long grass or bushes? It would be awesome, yeah? Or will it melt our hardware? ))

That would be really cool. I imagine it would be too much work at this point. If you want to cut a lot of stuff into pieces you should try Metal gear rising

It would be a good thing if developers add a "cutting grass/leaves effect". Imagine all those leaves and grass and heads flying around when Gerald fight in long grass or bushes? It would be awesome, yeah? Or will it melt our hardware? ))
I'll bet on either cooked videocard or a meltdown of hardware. Even the devs dont have a computer for this :D

Edit: Probably NASA would appreciate the option if its implemented, although they will be the only people who will see it live and not from a video in YouTube :D

I'll bet on either cooked videocard or a meltdown of hardware. Even the devs dont have a computer for this :D

Edit: Probably NASA would appreciate the option if its implemented, although they will be the only people who will see it live and not from a video in YouTube :D

Well, maybe in 10 years PC will be ready.. ))

The only thing I wish is just a detail. A camera just a bit closer to the character just like in the 35 min video :)

Seems odd that this is something one would have to wish for - but some actual animations for Geralt drinking potions would be neat and I don't understand why they think this wouldn't be necessary. And if said potions could last longer than just 30-60 seconds, that would be preferable as well.

I wish for a collision mesh bound to Geralt that turns on when he is on a horse to allow the amazing cloth, seen in recent game play footage, to interact with said horse. this would be great and highly recommended as the sight of cloth flowing through your horse is not just distracting but also nullifies the advantages that warrant use of such beautiful simulations.

a collision mesh, (invisible mesh that can be used to detects collisions between character and select simulated objects) would be another one of those small details that in a game who's attention to detail and realism, include such simulations of cloth and hair, should not omit. especially given that the artist, and all dev's are artists, who was responsible for it, has the benefits of his work slightly diminished by such a small detail. this is especially true when this small detail is in such contrast to many small details that have been given consideration.

Actually in TW2 you could pause in-engine cut-scenes but attempting to pause one of the comic-style ones would end up skipping it instead.

That can't be right, all of of Temeria is going to be explorable? Perhaps it's just showing the world map, even if you can't go there.

Yep, like the one in the witcher 2. That's the most logical answer.

Attachments

• 9c07caa2e6.jpg
    9c07caa2e6.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 43
Top Bottom