The problem with The Witcher 2 in steam

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with The Witcher 2 in steam

Download, install, set at least gone, 15-20 FPS. Unplayable.
Downloaded from GOG.com, 25-30 FPS +
Long googled and found that many people have downloaded from the steam same problem, say for WINDOWS swings and Mac version of the - of this critical constraint.
Please help me in this problem and solve it. Since I want to do everything to achieve the incentive.
Clever and wise men who will write "turn off the transcendental quality", "vertical sync" or ask my iron / show off their hardware may —
go f**k, as the case absolutely not the case.

Last edited:
Well, if you are not willing to tell us how your system is set up, our ability to offer you any useful advice is very limited.

Either supply some information, or this thread is a waste of bits, and the moderators will close it.

Start with what GPU you are running, and what settings you are trying to use.

Start with what GPU you are running, and what settings you are trying to use.
Settings in the game that I downloaded and updated via a browser, there are low FPS 24-28 - 34-40.
In the steam release at low settings very slow, giving 10-19 fps, even if you edit the configuration file.

Settings in the game that I downloaded and updated via a browser, there are low FPS 24-28 - 34-40.
In the steam release at low settings very slow, giving 10-19 fps, even if you edit the configuration file.

Aaaand what video card are you using? RAM? CPU?

Doesn't do us much good if you don't tell us what kind of hardware you are using to get these results.

You're saying the browser (GoG) release is faster than the steam release?

Your computer does not meet the minimum requirements for the game. This game is very demanding on the GPU, and the GT 440 is only a fraction of the stated minimum requirement.

The GOG edition at 1280x1024, low or medium settings, will give you performance that is about as good as you can expect.

Some games have more problems on Steam than others do. Start by disabling the Steam overlay. Others who use Steam more often may have better suggestions.

For the undercurious, what your GPU is up against:

Most games

Witcher 2

Last edited:
Some games have more problems on Steam than others do. Start by disabling the Steam overlay. Others who use Steam more often may have better suggestions.
Achievements then will operate or shut down the entire steam?

Tried a lot of different advice, but they do not help.
In the steam many reviews with the same problem.
View attachment 10977

Attachments

• RISUNOK.png
    RISUNOK.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 85
The technical support forum is for requests for technical support, not rants. Thread closed for cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom