Inventory UI

+
i like the old one better but i wont complain, one thing I noticed that both have in common is that Geralt is broke on both of them, he doesnt have a single oren :D

In the demo, the player goes to an intermediate selection screen, and he even has to back out of it as well to return to gameplay. Not a fan of this, as it's an extra step where there shouldn't be one. Neither previous Witcher game had this. So I hope we can go right to a specific screen with hotkeys. I kinda with I'd asked this for Kinely's upcoming interview.

In the demo, the player goes to an intermediate selection screen, and he even has to back out of it as well to return to gameplay. Not a fan of this, as it's an extra step where there shouldn't be one. Neither previous Witcher game had this. So I hope we can go right to a specific screen with hotkeys. I kinda with I'd asked this for Kinely's upcoming interview.

I'd be shocked if there weren't hotkeys on the KB that takes you directly to those menus. Even the worst console ports have them.

No, why did they remove the upper bar? Now you can't directly jump from inventory to map or journal, but have to switch trough. :/
Ans still not a single screen with PC prompts.

Last edited:
^ That is probably only when you've got a controller plugged in, man.

I'd imagine the hem of the coat is hidden in the inventory so you can see what pants, and boots, etc you're wearing.

Also bear in mind, it shouldn't be as dark is at is in those screens. Compression, and different gamma (YT + browser gamma is usually lower/darker) =)

Last edited:
I like that we can see a 3d model of Geralt now, that's bad ass, but can we move him? Also I really liked the old warm brown color back drop better.
Oh well.. at least Geralt's there in all his armor now in real time, just hope we can turn his model around and from side to side to check it before we go off playing.
Way cool devs!!! ;)

I have some suggestions

@DonSwingKing

All of those seems fair, I'd second them (Especially the top bar on PC).

I love the design right now though, but the improvements would make it even better. I mean, this version is probably perfect for the consoles, but PC can benefit from the suggestions a lot.

Jesus Christ, why is everything so god damned big? Looks like improvement from previous version but still far from perfect.

Jesus Christ, why is everything so god damned big? Looks like improvement from previous version but still far from perfect.

Consoles.

Honestly, that's it.

As for me personally, I'm happy with the UI. Yea there could still be some adjustments made (Especially as a PC UI you could make HUGE changes - like fucking massive adjustments), but overall it's a vast improvement over TW2 and it looks like it'll function fine enough. Perhaps it'll cop some flak for being too simple/generic, but I like the clean, simple layout of it.

Maybe we can choose from several sets of UIs when the game come out. Including the E3 2014 version, the PAX East 2015 version and even some other ones.

Maybe we can choose from several sets of UIs when the game come out. Including the E3 2014 version, the PAX East 2015 version and even some other ones.

highly unlikely. a dev usually wants to make one good version of something, instead of working on implementing 5 different options, which takes extra time and only complicates things.
if that option is not good enough for some, that's what mods are for. (hopefully ui is moddable)

Consoles.

Honestly, that's it.

As for me personally, I'm happy with the UI. Yea there could still be some adjustments made (Especially as a PC UI you could make HUGE changes - like fucking massive adjustments), but overall it's a vast improvement over TW2 and it looks like it'll function fine enough. Perhaps it'll cop some flak for being too simple/generic, but I like the clean, simple layout of it.

QFT. Games on consoles are played mostly on big TV sitting 8 feets away. If they are not BIG this will be difficult for couch experience. When you have BIG UI then you will have less info. So with unified UI, PC gamers will have to have consoles UI.

I remember seeing the E3 demo of last year and the thing that stuck out to me is how the UI had too much going on and aesthetically was not the greatest. The new UI keeps it simple and feels less cluttered, probably because of the background not being too distracting. I for one love what they did with it and like the fact that CDPR doesn't commit to things in a stubborn way alas "well we made it so deal with it" mentality, they seem to keep an open mind to create the best possible games.

Here are the two different UI's from then and now, tell me which you like better.

E3 2014
View attachment 11013

Pax 2015
View attachment 11014

E3 2014 UI is the best but there no need for geralt to pose because it is difficult to see the amour

Pax 2015 UI is too blank it doesn't look next gen game

So with unified UI, PC gamers will have to have consoles UI.

Why not let the players customize their UI? I would like to have scaling down option, hopefully i am not too entitled. :huh:

Or at least modding support so we can download something that is more appropriate for desktop.

Last edited:
Top Bottom