The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
Hi all! I want to know what do you guys think. I'm expecting to get 60 stable FPS at 1080p with this build using ultra settings, with ubersampling disabled and maybe lowering to high some demanding settings like shadows:

i7 4820k @ 4,5Ghz
16 GB RAM at 2133mhz
Asus Rampage IV Formula
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD + Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
EVGA GTX 780 Classified 3GB 2-Way SLI

Thanks!

Last edited:
I don;'t think they've promised 60 fps and 1080p "stable" on any platform at all, nor am I sure you will be able to get Ultra settings on anything less than a high-end Maxwell. If anything can come close, a pair of 780's in SLI should. But they have gone all in with the lighting and physics in this game, and we have no statements about how it will perform on anything from nVidia earlier than second-generation Maxwell, or anything from AMD (and we really need to know before making any meaningful prediction).

Well, the only think we can do now is wait for a good game optimization and a full working drivers and SLI profile at release. Fingers crossed...

Attachments

• Witcher3-Free-with-NVIDIA-GTX-900.jpg
    Witcher3-Free-with-NVIDIA-GTX-900.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 82
Wondering how well ill be able to run this.

Been looking forward to The Witcher 3 since the Killing Monsters trailer. Had only an XB1 then but now have a PC as well. Doesnt have the best stuffs in it but just wanted to know if i should get this on PC or X1.
Heres the deets:
ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Video CardNVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (192-bit)
Memory13 GB
Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit
Also if you have any good "can u run it links" would also be appreciated. Thnx guys 'n gals!

Please do not compound ignorance by posting links to that site.

"Can you run it" may not be the most unreliable source of information about hardware for a game, though it is hard to believe there are sites that are worse. But it has confused so many members here that claims that it should be taken seriously are without foundation.

---------- Updated at 03:15 PM ----------

Been looking forward to The Witcher 3 since the Killing Monsters trailer. Had only an XB1 then but now have a PC as well. Doesnt have the best stuffs in it but just wanted to know if i should get this on PC or X1.
Heres the deets:
ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Video CardNVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (192-bit)
Memory13 GB
Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit
Also if you have any good "can u run it links" would also be appreciated. Thnx guys 'n gals!

Probably won't get good performance on high settings and 1080p. The 760 is, to a degree that varies by game, somewhat short of the recommended 770. The 192-bit 760 (an OEM model sold in cheap computers from big-box stores) is substantially inferior to the 256-bit retail 760.

So what you have is a computer that's close to minimum and limited by your GPU.

It should be enough for relatively high settings. If a hypothetic "ultra" setting will include supersampling as TW2 did (the notorious Ubersampling), this might be too much for anything below high end multi GPU systems.

---------- Updated at 06:44 PM ----------

It should be enough for relatively high settings. If a hypothetic "ultra" setting will include supersampling as TW2 did (the notorious Ubersampling), this might be too much for anything below high end multi GPU systems.

gtx 970 is below high end?

---------- Updated at 03:53 AM ----------

What do we need to run tw3 everything on ultra+ ubersampling at stable fps with no drops whatsoever? the most powerful gpu's un the market are gtx 970 and 980, If the 970 can run tw3 in high settings , then what do we need to run it on ultra? 16 gtx 980?

The GTX 980's in many cases about 20% faster than the 970.

We don't know what it will take to run TW3 at Ultra with Ubersampling and all the eye candy. CDPR may not even know that. I'm thinking somewhere between a pair of 980's in SLI and an nVidia VCA.

nVidia VCA? I can't wait to spend 25-50k $ to play The Witcher 3 on Ultra with Ubersampling :huh:

/just kidding :)

@Guy N'wah

Could you remind me how ubersampling works? Isn't it more or less the same as Nvidia DSR? I was just wondering how big of a difference there is between running the game at 3440x1440 and 1080p + uber.

@Guy N'wah

Could you remind me how ubersampling works? Isn't it more or less the same as Nvidia DSR? I was just wondering how big of a difference there is between running the game at 3440x1440 and 1080p + uber.

Both Ubersampling and DSR are brute force anti-aliasing.

Ubersampling is, buzzwords aside, 2x supersampling (2xSSAA). Because it is brute force, it entails a factor of 2 hit to performance.

DSR is, in its common form, 4x downsampling (4xFSAA) with a post-processing filter that can further sharpen or soften the image. Maxwell GPUs are optimized for it. On GPUs other than Maxwell (Fermi and Kepler will run it, just not as well), it's also a big performance hit, equivalent to trying to run the game at 4K resolution.

Hello..Im mainly intrested if i can run this game without any problems. So here goes:

Asus Radeon HD 7850 2gb
AMD Phenom II x4 965
Asus Crosshair III Formula
8gb ram
1920x1080 reso
Windows 7 64bit

Thanks.

Last edited:
I still think it's only worth to use SSAA in games where you can obtain a proper 60fps with it.. like metro last light or cod adv. warfare. But in games like witcher where they say 30fps on gtx 980... i will be spending the first few hours with tweaking settings down to get the stable 60fps, then start playing :)

This is a great news for us gamers, hope that Witcher 3 will using DX12
http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/microsoft_dx12_to_deliver_20_percent_performance_boost.html

There's a thread of high quality on the possible benefits of a DirectX 12 adaptation here: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...le-support-post-release?p=1557157#post1557157

This thread is about the system requirements of the game as it stands, which does not include DirectX 12 support.

---------- Updated at 01:36 PM ----------

Hello..Im mainly intrested if i can run this game without any problems. So here goes:

Asus Radeon HD 7850 2gb
AMD Phenom II x4 965
Asus Crosshair III Formula
8gb ram
1920x1080 reso
Windows 7 64bit

Thanks.

The stated minimum is a 7870, and the 7850 is not quite its equal. So at a little under the minimum, I think you'll succeed with some combination of low-medium settings and reduced resolution. Comparable to console performance, which as we have seen looks like it will be satisfying for most of us.

There's a thread of high quality on the possible benefits of a DirectX 12 adaptation here: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...le-support-post-release?p=1557157#post1557157

This thread is about the system requirements of the game as it stands, which does not include DirectX 12 support.

---------- Updated at 01:36 PM ----------

The stated minimum is a 7870, and the 7850 is not quite its equal. So at a little under the minimum, I think you'll succeed with some combination of low-medium settings and reduced resolution. Comparable to console performance, which as we have seen looks like it will be satisfying for most of us.

Do you think that GPU upgrade alone would still be enough for me? I was thinking maybe getting some mid end AMD r9 series card.

Top Bottom