Special X-Box Edition Give away leaves me wondering....

+
MS paid for those additions, Sony is too busy throwing money at Arkham Knight, and PC gamers don't have a billion dollar sugar daddy to secure special treats.
we do get better graphics, higher resolution, better performance, Redkit support, and drm free... Id say PC gamer have the best exclusives of all

Can you imagine if Microsoft gave away a badass custom PC? Nah, Microsoft make Windows but they would prefer if gamers didn't played on PC, as for the PS4, you would have to ask Sony why they aren't backing more the game. ^^

You also have to remember that without concessions like the exclusive physical extras of the XBone CE or that custom XBone console there probably wouldn't be a game that's at least identical content-wise on all platforms.

Or would you rather have Kratos make a cameo in the PS4 and have an exclusive Minecraft-themed mission (complete with Minecraft-level graphical fidelity) in the XBone version of the game while the PC version gets the short end of the stick as usual? Right, nobody in their right mind would want that.

It's sad and unfortunate enough that CDPR gave in and obviously agreed to some questionable contractual obligations but apparently there's no way around at least some concessions to the consoles - ahemparityahem - to be able to get your game on the consoles in the first place.

At the end of the day it's just a custom case, for christ's sake. Doesn't change a thing about the hardware inside that's still as inferior and weak as the regular XBone's.

Well, it's not like only CDPR is doing that with the Witcher, you have plenty of custom Xboxes from other games too. IT was the same thing with Xbox360 IIRC.

That's more a thing that MS does - it agrees with developers to create custom console cases. They probably only deliver some graphical assets and MS does the rest. What's so questionable about it?

I don't know for sure if Sony every did this with their consoles, but I haven't seen an official, custom made PS3/PS4, unlike custom made Xboxes which pop up from time to time.

PC is custom made itself so here it's more tricky. Who should make such a case? Case manufacturers? Sites like Newegg?

Yep. The custom Xbox One & the custom controller were both made by Microsoft as convention exclusive giveaway promotions to drive traffic to their booth at PAX East. This wasn't a Witcher or CDPR activity, so don't get too upset that it was only for PAX East attendees or only an Xbox One and not a PS4/PC or whatever. We didn't make them, but we fully supported MS doing this for their fans at the event.

Could there be some other branded machines or tech or whatever given away by us sometime in the future? Maybe. I guess you'll have to wait and see.

MS paid for those additions, Sony is too busy throwing money at Arkham Knight, and PC gamers don't have a billion dollar sugar daddy to secure special treats.
we do get better graphics, higher resolution, better performance, Redkit support, and drm free... Id say PC gamer have the best exclusives of all

And mods, game is cheaper.

I wish consoles had mods, that would be so freakin awesome ;)

But even more difficult. Not only because you would have to make the mod on a PC and porting it on console, but even because there isn't a way to modify game assets in game folder on console.

True, well if there is a next gen after this, maybe they can keep that stuff in mind when they build it.
That new steam cloud gaming shield thingy seems kinda cool, but...I wan't to get my free dlc/updates and then go play my games like TW3 offline.
If the shield game system had mods and I could play TW3 offline whenever I want, then I'm in.
I don't know about their controller though, but damn.. to play TW3 at 1080p or 4k at 60fps would be nice.

Top Bottom