DmC and DMC4 Definitive Editions confirmed

+
DmC and DMC4 Definitive Editions confirmed

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregama...definitive-edition-plus-a-very-special-teaser

This looks really interesting, it seems they fixed many of the issues that people reported for DmC.

But the heavy stuff comes, in my opinion, in the last 10 seconds of the video.
You know what those 10 seconds mean? Yeah... VERGIL IS BACK, BITCHES!

No PC release of DMC4 Special edition? Not even a patch for DMC4 on Steam? I'd buy it if it came to PC since I don't own a PS4 or Xbox One. Also, is it just me or does Vergil sound like a young Martin Sheen?

Also, why the hell is reboot Dante in original Dantes clothing? They made fun of fans with a cut scene in DmC with a white wig, and they kept acting like it was just because of his hair that people dislike the new Dante.

Last edited:
No PC release of DMC4 Special edition? Not even a patch for DMC4 on Steam? I'd buy it if it came to PC since I don't own a PS4 or Xbox One. Also, is it just me or does Vergil sound like a young Martin Sheen?

Yeah, I'm disappointed that they don't come out on PC as well. But maybe in the future. They did it before.

I don't know this Martin Sheen, but that is his voice from DMC3, by Daniel Southworth. I've always liked his voice, it fits the character well... it has that unique sound, it communicates me coldness and coolness (no pun intended xD) at he same time.

Prepare your body... to be cut in half!

Yeah, I'm disappointed that they don't come out on PC as well. But maybe in the future. They did it before.

I don't know this Martin Sheen, but that is his voice from DMC3, by Daniel Southworth. I've always liked his voice, it fits the character well... it has that unique sound, it communicates me coldness and coolness (no pun intended xD) at he same time.

Prepare your body... to be cut in half!
Hopefully it comes to PC. I'm still worried that if DMC4 Special Edition doesn't sell that well that they'll go "OH BOY I GUESS NOBODY WANTS DMC/ORIGINAL DANTE ANYMORE" despite the fact that DmC still hasn't sold as well as the previous games bar 3

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html (You can see that DMC 1, 2, 4, are above DmC. This isn't even including the HD collection)

Hopefully it comes to PC. I'm still worried that if DMC4 Special Edition doesn't sell that well that they'll go "OH BOY I GUESS NOBODY WANTS DMC/ORIGINAL DANTE ANYMORE" despite the fact that DmC still hasn't sold as well as the previous games bar 3

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html (You can see that DMC 1, 2, 4, are above DmC. This isn't even including the HD collection)

Amen to that, bro. I'm also worried for how they'll handle Vergil... I don't want him just as a playable skin, I want some story for him. Still too early to guess anything, so my hope is strong.

I smell another rip-off...

Shouldn't they try to make new games instead of all that rehashed stuff? Lazy devs these days...

Loved the originals, the art style in 2 was fantastic.

DMC was ok, to be honest, I just want the Castlevania Lords of Shadow games remastered. That's my hack n slash of choice!

It's like they actually expect DMC fans to buy that horrible new Donte May Cry. A definitive edition? Euhh

It doesn't matter anyway, cause look at the general reaction to the trailer. DMC4 Special Edition outshadowed DmC all the way just with those 10 seconds. It's not hard to guess which remaster DMC fans will buy ;)

If Capcom is doing what we're all thinking (and hoping) they're doing with DMC4, with Vergil and all, H-O-L-Y S-H-I-T!

Oh, sweet. I quit DMC4 halfway through because I hate when games repeat levels, and Nero's demon hand was so awesome Dante just felt boring to play in comparison. But I'd still give it another shot.

I watched a bit of a DmC definitive stream the other day, it's actually nice and the levels look awesome. Might have to get that one as well. :|

Oh, sweet. I quit DMC4 halfway through because I hate when games repeat levels, and Nero's demon hand was so awesome Dante just felt boring to play in comparison. But I'd still give it another shot.

I watched a bit of a DmC definitive stream the other day, it's actually nice and the levels look awesome. Might have to get that one as well. :|
DMC 4 was supposed to be a much bigger game from what I understand. It's only about 40% done content wise. Dante and Nero were both supposed to have their own campaign. I'm hoping maybe the SE finishes the game

Last edited:
Awesome, PC confirmed. Also, new Info here that isn't in trailer. I hope they don't somehow ruin the amazing optimization DMC4 has on PC.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015...tion-trailer-details-brand-new-game-features/

and

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregama...clude-five-playable-characters-other-features

Three new playable characters, making for a total of five playable characters—the largest playable roster in the series’ history.
Vergil – Dante’s ice-cold twin brother and master of the iaijutsu sword fighting style. As described by the game’s director, Hideaki Itsuno, Vergil will have a fully upgradable move set based on his rendition in Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition, with elements of DmC Devil May Cry’s Vergil added in, making this the definitive version of the character. He will also feature a new “Concentration” mechanic, which makes his attacks get more powerful the more flawlessly he fights. Vergil will be playable on any mission.
Trish – Resident badass since her first appearance in the first Devil May Cry’s opening cutscene, Trish does away with the need for weapon switching, instead utilizing the versatile Sparda sword, her pistols, and her bare hands in a variety of inventive ways. Trish allows players to fight with relatively few buttons, but is still quite a deep character with an awesome move set. Trish will be playable on Dante’s missions.
Lady – Playable for the first time, Lady specializes in long-range, firearm-based combat, making the game feel completely different. Her signature weapon, the Kalina Ann, features a grappling hook which allows her to traverse environments similarly to Nero, among other applications. Lady will be playable on Nero’s missions.
Legendary Dark Knight Mode – First introduced in the PC version of Devil May Cry 4, this mode pits players against an absolutely tremendous number of enemies, meaning you’ll have to adjust your combat strategy.

Turbo Mode - Enhances the gameplay speed by 20% across the board.
Enhanced visuals – 1080p support and up-res’d textures, while preserving the game’s 60fps framerate.
Bonus costumes and skins.
Numerous minor tweaks to game tempo and balance.

And most likely more to come based off the PSN article

Top Bottom